Liga BBVA 2014/15 [La Liga]- Parte Dos

I dislike Benzema but I guess you could replace Rodriguez with him.

But at that time, Messi was not quite the superstar he is now. Henry was the dominant force on that team with Eto'o making it impossible to shade too much to TH's side.
Messi played more of a di Maria role on that team IIRC, he wasnt the scoring monster.

(Im not saying youre wrong, just that it was earlier in Messi's career. Im a huge Henry stan, he is my favorite player of all-time)

Messi was the top scorer in all comps that year.
Henry was in the "Di Maria" role

Which year are you talking about? Henry's first year in Barca he led the team in goals IIRC.

They all played together 2007-2009 IIRC, I dont know which incarnation you are referring to, most likely the time they combined to score 100 goals and win all the trophies, 08-09 maybe?

I dislike Benzema but I guess you could replace Rodriguez with him.
On his own Benzema dont hold his own against say Aguero etc but he has played YEARS with Cristiano and it really shows. Benzema is better than say someone like Giroud aswell. Ancelotti should keep the Cristiano-Benzema-Bale trio upfront.
Kroos-Isco-James as the midfield trio. But when Modric comes back then someone needs to be benched, no idea who that would be. I suppose when Real goes against Barca, Atletico, Dortmund, Bayern, PSG or Chelsea it will be:
Cristiano-Benzema-Bale
Isco-Kroos-Modric

James is next to worthless and Bale is only regaining form now.

Henry/Eto'o/Messi was the best attacking trio ever. Suarez and Neymar aren't on that level yet.
No love for Ronaldinho?

Which year are you talking about? Henry's first year in Barca he led the team in goals IIRC.

They all played together 2007-2009 IIRC, I dont know which incarnation you are referring to, most likely the time they combined to score 100 goals and win all the trophies, 08-09 maybe?

Don't think Henry ever led the team in goals. He struggled in his first year infact. It was only after Pep came in that we saw the best of the Henry-Eto-Messi trio. I think this Suarez-Messi-Neymar has the potential to be as good, possibly even better.

Don't think Henry ever led the team in goals. He struggled in his first year infact. It was only after Pep came in that we saw the best of the Henry-Eto-Messi trio. I think this Suarez-Messi-Neymar has the potential to be as good, possibly even better.

He did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007–08_FC_Barcelona_season

He had 19 in all comps, Eto'o was the leading scorer in league play but Henry led in overall goals.

2008 was when Ronaldinho was sold. 08-09 was the only year they were an actual Trio and Messi wasn't a sub.

He did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007–08_FC_Barcelona_season

He had 19 in all comps, Eto'o was the leading scorer in league play but Henry led in overall goals.

I see. Both scored 18 goals each according to espn though.

http://www.espnfc.com/player/8039/thierry-henry?season=2007
http://www.espnfc.com/player/11718/samuel-etoo?season=2007

Not sure which is correct but either way just a difference of one goal although Eto played fewer games. As for La Liga Eto had 16 goals in 18 apps while Henry had 12 goals in 27 apps.

Last edited:
Congrats to Ronaldo for winning the FIFA POTY second year in a row.

i

Respect to Ronaldo.

Mustafi receives a red card; Valencia down a man.

Wow, this feels weird; I haven't watched any soccer since mid-summer so I'm totally lost.

Mustafi receives a red card; Valencia down a man.

Wow, this feels weird; I haven't watched any soccer since mid-summer so I'm totally lost.
Welcome back!

Finally escaped the cage i see.

Alvaro Negredo just subbed in. Whoa. Seems like a nice addition to Valencia, I assume.

Back