Lifts you just suck at...

deckingdutchman

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Anybody have a lift they just blow balls at in comparison to their other lifts?

Mine is the squat. Even as a sophomore high school years ago, I was out-benching, deadlifting and cleaning the whole senior football team, but on squat max day at the end of the semesters in the weight room I was squatting with the 150lb kids that never lifted before.

I've been lifting on and off for the last 5 or 6 years, and now that I started lifting again 4 months ago (and I hope I can keep it going this time), all my numbers are going up and I'm getting bigger/strong as a whole (legs included), but my squat just won't fucking go anywhere. Have had injury/form problems on it, and just when I think I figured it out and started making progress, something else fucks up on it. It's just not my lift (still trying though lol).

Anyone else have a lift like that that just won't budge no matter what your other lifts are doing?

Overhead press :(

It's strange, back when I first started lifting, all my lifts sucked, while my press was much better - 132, atg squat 220. Now half a year and something later... my press has gone from 132 -> 176, while my deadlift is 375->501, squat 220-> 353 ...

Bench press. All of my other lifts are still climbing, yet as usual, my bench is starting to lag. Anyone recommend any programs?

Bench press. All of my other lifts are still climbing, yet as usual, my bench is starting to lag. Anyone recommend any programs?

might as well try wendlers 5/3/1

Bench press, I've done 365 as a max out before but that was when I weighed almost 300 pounds. I do have an 80" reach so I just like to sum it up to that.

It's strange, back when I first started lifting, all my lifts sucked, while my press was much better - 132, atg squat 220. Now half a year and something later... my press has gone from 132 -> 176, while my deadlift is 375->501, squat 220-> 353 ...

40lb increase in half a year for the press is pretty good.

The SOHP is probably the hardest of all lifts. You won't see many people pressing more than their bw. 1.5x bw is unreal.

Snatch, but thats largely due to my piss poor technique.

The SOHP is probably the hardest of all lifts. You won't see many people pressing more than their bw. 1.5x bw is unreal.

2jaxjwz.jpg

A lot of guys who are serious about strength training and have been doing it for a decent amount of time can perform a BW press.

Your press improved more than your deadlift as a percentage improvement.

Bench. Haven't done it in years either, I find it mostly irrelevant.

OHP. I tore a bicep tendon and a rotator cuff in wrestling though, and perhaps they didn't heal quite right. Or I'm just a pussy.

Also, my clean form sucks ass.

I'm 180ish and can do 185x5. My max is nowhere near 1.5 bw though.

The clean. I've completely given up on getting in the rack position.

Lifts I suck at:
Bench, Back squat, Front squat, SOHP, Bent Rows, pull ups.
Lifts I'm slightly better at:
Deads.
Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

Lifts I suck at:
Bench, Back squat, Front squat, SOHP, Bent Rows, pull ups.
Lifts I'm slightly better at:
Deads.
Yep, that pretty much sums it up.
lol

I pretty much suck at lifting. I mean I can do 100 lb dumb bells but can't bench more than 230 or so. (think 3 torn attachment points in my left pec have something to do with that)

DL still working on technique but my back is crazy long (measure it if I was proportional I'd be 7', measure my legs I would be 6')

Squat........ yeah my 375 isn't very pretty.

But almost everything I do is endurance focused... IE 8 reps or more which has a lot to do with it. But I"m very bad at every big lift, and very good at bodyweight stuff. I can do a muscle up now:icon_twis

Deadlift, hate it with a passion.

My grip strength is limiting my deadlift and my bent over row is fucking loooow, as are all my lifts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back