Lifting shoes?

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I bought a pair of chucks and they disintegrated in 3 months. Any other decent powerlifting shoe out there? I know there’s Reebok ones that are limited edition that are supposedly the best lifting shoe ever made but I’m not waiting around for those. I need a flat shoe to do my wide-stance above-parallel box squats in.

Asics Matflex is the only shoe you need. As good as any "powerlifting shoe" for half the cost. Lasts forever if you only wear it in the gym.

I know quite a few people in my area that like the sabo goodlift shoes. Flat sole with a lateral strap.

I bought a pair of chucks and they disintegrated in 3 months. Any other decent powerlifting shoe out there? I know there’s Reebok ones that are limited edition that are supposedly the best lifting shoe ever made but I’m not waiting around for those. I need a flat shoe to do my wide-stance above-parallel box squats in.

Wrestling shoes or skateboarding shoes maybe? David Ricks has rocked air monarchs I think, nothing cooler than that, I think you need to own a few pairs of jorts and have at least 2 kids to go AM though.

Wrestling shoes or skateboarding shoes maybe? David Ricks has rocked air monarchs I think, nothing cooler than that, I think you need to own a few pairs of jorts and have at least 2 kids to go AM though.
Well I’ve got 2 kids, just need the jorts

Anyone lift is DC or Supras, or Osiris? Cheap skate shoes...

DC yeah. I usually wear skate shoes everywhere. I just like how they look.
Ive always worn cheap Adidas powerlifts. They have been really good. Durable. They've lasted 5 years. My cat left a bathtub worth of urine in them over the weekend so I'm tossing them. Thought I would return to flat soled and see how they go. I have chucks but wondered about buying a pair of DCs or something...

I used adidas super sambas for lifting, cardio, my strongman comp and general day to day wear, they were great, will purchase again.

I use a pair of addidas weightlfiting shoes (not sure which one exactly) for squats, my wrestling shoes for deadlifts and any pair of shoes for bench, even flip flops.

I use a pair of addidas weightlfiting shoes (not sure which one exactly) for squats, my wrestling shoes for deadlifts and any pair of shoes for bench, even flip flops.

As I only have access to my home (garden) gym thesedays, I do most of my lifting in flip flops / sliders.

Keep in mind skateboard shoes very greatly. There are may models that are very comfortable and padded which would not be good for lifting. Examples:

ES Accel upload_2019-7-2_15-56-44.jpeg

A lot of DC Shoes
adys400040_dcshoescure,p_3bk_frt2.jpg

On the other hand, there are some that are very thin. I know some lifters use these Vans:
D3HY28-HERO

If you are looking for deadlift shoes, I've lifted in slip ons:

81zwnCbm3DL._UL1500_.jpg

As I only have access to my home (garden) gym thesedays, I do most of my lifting in flip flops / sliders.

@MilkManUK @boingyman I have squatted (safety bar) in flip flops a few times in the past few weeks, feels amazing.

I just did some sumo deads last week with flip flops because I was too lazy to put on socks and I didn't want to go barefoot. Thought it was going to rip though, lol...

I have a pair of squatting shoes made my wei-rui (I think that's the name).

They have a raised heel so it's not what you want, but this company makes quality shoes for very cheap prices. Maybe they have a flat lifting shoe that would interest you.

My squat shoes are a few years old and are still in great shape.

Anyone ever used Crossfit shoes?

A while back I was thinking it would be good to have a pair of shoes I could squat and run in (I don't like a big heel or lots of cushioning).

A while back I was thinking it would be good to have a pair of shoes I could squat and run in (I don't like a big heel or lots of cushioning).
I only had the Reebok Crossfit lifter shoes, which were (as the name would suggest) for lifting. They were OK, but I got rid of them after 6 months or so and switched back to my chucks / flip flops / adidas sambas.

I've used the CrossFit shoes 2-3 different ones over the last 10 years. I like the minimally raised heel, and they're naturally a little wider. Not a lot of cushion purposely. Still flexible enough that they're not clunky even on 400m run.

They're ok but expensive and it sucks being mistaken for a CrossFit cult follower.

I used to squat and DL in chucks but switched to barefoot when I set up my basement rack 2 years ago. It feels more natural and improved my squat form and gains.

I tried to go back to shoes in the winter on cold days and I can't do it - feels cumbersome now. If I ever have to lift in a public gym again, I'm taking my shoes off and going socks only. I used to think guys were weird for doing it but now I understand why.

Last edited:
Back