lifting competition ideas...

I'm not sure I should be on that list...

Another thing to note is that you can make fake Atlas stones by taking the end off a dumbell with an allen key and putting weights on it.

Chinups?

Standing Long Jump or Box Jumps?

hmm chin ups for reps may be a good idea... nice job vision!

It would be difficult to judge chin ups though. There would be arguing over leg swing and stuff. Unless you declared "anything goes, just get your chin over the bar." Or 1 second pause at dead hang.

It would be difficult to judge chin ups though. There would be arguing over leg swing and stuff. Unless you declared "anything goes, just get your chin over the bar." Or 1 second pause at dead hang.

hmm... that would require some thought... ugh why can't people just do a normal real chin-up! lol

If you had somethin' at the Mansfield branch or ATI in Wooster, and it was either the last week of this month or durin' the summer, I'd come, especially for deadlifts. :D

If it's outside, you could have a caber toss. :)

Edit: And what's with all the newbies with "Chase" in their screen name?

If you had somethin' at the Mansfield branch or ATI in Wooster, and it was either the last week of this month or durin' the summer, I'd come, especially for deadlifts. :D

Dunno, but let's see if I can get this one to put me on his ignore list, too. LOL

pff... Mansfield branch is only like 45 minutes away... whats an extra 45 minutes? Plus if you win the competition I think we are giving out an ipod touch or some crap like that, who knows...

P.S. I would be offended by the newbie chase statement, however, when it comes to powerlifting and strengthtraining... a noob I am.

pff... Mansfield branch is only like 45 minutes away... whats an extra 45 minutes? Plus if you win the competition I think we are giving out an ipod touch or some crap like that, who knows...

Well, you said in a couple weeks. I'm in Tennessee right now (altho actually I'll be home the 20th-29th...) and haven't lifted for a couple weeks due to conditionin' for my match this weekend. You do this thing in the summer and I'll be there. If it's durin' the time I'm home for break, I may be able to come watch, but I dunno. I drive a full-size pickup, man. :redface:

Well, you said in a couple weeks. I'm in Tennessee right now (altho actually I'll be home the 20th-29th...) and haven't lifted for a couple weeks due to conditionin' for my match this weekend. You do this thing in the summer and I'll be there. If it's durin' the time I'm home for break, I may be able to come watch, but I dunno. I drive a full-size pickup, man. :redface:

Ahh ic... well its no problem... no point in wasting that much gas on it... but I will be doing more than one competition so I will remember to pm you whenever we have our next one.

Back