Law Lifted Trucks and Modified Vehicles

No - Canada. It’s kind of law here. Not sure the exact law but I got two separate letters saying my trucks needed to be engineer certified. It cost $700 each and neither found any problems.

I have a 2017 f-350 platinum with a BDS lift, 4”. 37” tires. I also have a 93 dodge w250 diesel with a 6” skyjacker and 37’s. Both are around 7.5 feet tall roughly

That's the prettiest F250 to date. With your crazy prices you must have paid 100k into that damn thing. Talk about "luxury car" prices. It's about 7'2-7'3'' setup you got. 4'' lift is all you need on a truck which is crazy tall straight out of the factory. Btw, how's your acceleration with 37s?

See, Canada has put some thought into lifting trucks.

Bruh, do you seriously expect these people to cruise the mall and go grocery shopping in STOCK trucks???

That dude with the green 2500 Ram has another video where he installs a tailgate dampener on this same truck...apparently the tailgate is much too heavy for him to open/close!

That kid is such a ricer. Never tows or hauls anything. I guarentee you if they made a truck with 3ft bed like H2 SUT style, he'd buy that and that would be more than enough for him.

Douchebagmobiles, is what I have always called those things.
giphy.gif

....I assume you mean those trucks with new frame 12"+ lift with 40'' tires and bright colored lights under the fenders.

ram.jpg

what I don't get is how people justify spending that much money

I have the exact truck in the video (2018) no way am I going to dump another 20k in a 70k truck

Yep . . . I bought my truck with the lift kit, new suspension, tires and rims. I wouldn't have spent that money after buying it for sure.

That's the prettiest F250 to date. With your crazy prices you must have paid 100k into that damn thing. Talk about "luxury car" prices. It's about 7'2-7'3'' setup you got. 4'' lift is all you need on a truck which is crazy tall straight out of the factory. Btw, how's your acceleration with 37s?

See, Canada has put some thought into lifting trucks.

It is a luxury car. It’s a platinum, the interior is nicer than a lot of expensive cars.

I removed the emissions at the same time as the lift. It’s got a ton of power and probably as fast as a civic or something.

I’ve got probably close to 115k into it. Everything cost more up here though

It is a luxury car. It’s a platinum, the interior is nicer than a lot of expensive cars.

I removed the emissions at the same time as the lift. It’s got a ton of power and probably as fast as a civic or something.

I’ve got probably close to 115k into it. Everything cost more up here though

It's a 6 second 0-60 with stock tires. Probably 7-8 with 37s, but if you never tried it stock, you can't compare how much you lost due to tire size. I'm a little jelly of new diesel's power, but I'm not jelly of maintenance you gotta do. Diesel where I"m at is 40% more, so no saving even with 30% better MPG.

It's a 6 second 0-60 with stock tires. Probably 7-8 with 37s, but if you never tried it stock, you can't compare how much you lost due to tire size. I'm a little jelly of new diesel's power, but I'm not jelly of maintenance you gotta do. Diesel where I"m at is 40% more, so no saving even with 30% better MPG.

Yeah, tbh I don’t really drive it in the winter. Too annoying to plug in ect.. I have a small car for winter.

Once the emissions shit is removed, there’s far less headaches but yeah, a lot more to go wrong versus an old 12 valve cummins. The power is nice though and it gets around 17mpg.

My old platinum had 40’s on it, 8” lift. It still got around 13mpg. Was also the 6.7 PSD. I might trade mine in on a new longhorn ram soon.

Yeah, tbh I don’t really drive it in the winter. Too annoying to plug in ect.. I have a small car for winter.

Once the emissions shit is removed, there’s far less headaches but yeah, a lot more to go wrong versus an old 12 valve cummins. The power is nice though and it gets around 17mpg.

My old platinum had 40’s on it, 8” lift. It still got around 13mpg. Was also the 6.7 PSD. I might trade mine in on a new longhorn ram soon.

My combined MPG is around 12-13. Diesel would only bring power gains, not fuel saving gains for me. Diesels operate under way higher compression ratio, put out so much more power that the block and tranny are inevitably stressed more. It's a must when towing heavy, but since I don't tow over 10,000 lbs, V8 Hemi is plenty for me. I've got 380hp and 400ft/lb torque. I'd love to have 900lb/torque, but my tranny would not.

I've driven 14 inch lift. It was done "right", tons of money put into it, but the truck was so out of spec in terms of CG and levers on steering that you could only safely drive it at 30-35mph, and slow way down on turns. If you've ever steered/driven a vessel/boat the experience was very similar.
This is when I knew 12" plus lift is not something that can be a street-safe vehicle. Smaller 8-12" lifts were borderline unsafe, but nothing like a 14 inch lift.

I have a 65 mustang that drives like that.

Probably shot ball joints, tie rods, gear box, etc...
All the things that can go wrong with older vehicle

Exactly. Haven't had time to work on the thing recently so I'm sure all of the above and more.

If you're thinking about dick size based on the size of someone's truck, you're seriously gay, what the fuck does a vehicle have to do with your physical anatomy?!

EDIT: Not that there's anything wrong with that

Hey dingbat. When someone is reference the size of someone's dick, they are commenting on their need to posture due to being insecure.

Back