Law Lifted Trucks and Modified Vehicles

grizzard2bid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First off, I'm not for regulation, the opposite. However, I think the vehicle mod industry is deeply underregulated. I recently did some lift mods on my truck and it came out good, but it was a simple relatively small lift. HOWEVER, there are dudes and companies who take stock heavy duty trucks and jack them up on a whole new frame/suspension. That used to be a thing only for mudding trucks that can't run on regular roads, but now you got these crazy lifted goofs flying 80-85 on the interstate. No inspections and regulations, and I don't think cops can pull them over to inspect the lift, unless they find some other excuse.

Again, I would be a hypocrite to say I want more of this to be regulated, but when you're lifting 8000lb truck way off it's technical parameters it becomes a real hazard. You've got joe-shmoe's average kids now doing lifting jobs for people with no mechanical degree or followup inspection. While everyone has a right to risk their own lives, you are driving on the roads with other vehicles.

Here's a young kid, and a fatter version of Justin Bieber lifting his own truck. Note that he did not even put on wider wheels to widen the track of the truck for about 3 weeks after the lift was done, which obviusly compromised the rollover stability.

I love watching videos of people working on cars with a metal soundtrack on top.

You sound like the bitch that got MeToo started.

So you can lift your truck, but want to stop everybody else from doing the same.

This is like being a Soundcloud artist that gets super famous, and then turns around trys to get Soundcloud shut down.

First off, I'm not for regulation, the opposite. However, I think the vehicle mod industry is deeply underregulated. I recently did some lift mods on my truck and it came out good, but it was a simple relatively small lift. HOWEVER, there are dudes and companies who take stock heavy duty trucks and jack them up on a whole new frame/suspension. That used to be a thing only for mudding trucks that can't run on regular roads, but now you got these crazy lifted goofs flying 80-85 on the interstate. No inspections and regulations, and I don't think cops can pull them over to inspect the lift, unless they find some other excuse.

Again, I would be a hypocrite to say I want more of this to be regulated, but when you're lifting 8000lb truck way off it's technical parameters it becomes a real hazard. You've got joe-shmoe's average kids now doing lifting jobs for people with no mechanical degree or followup inspection. While everyone has a right to risk their own lives, you are driving on the roads with other vehicles.

Here's a young kid, and a fatter version of Justin Bieber lifting his own truck. Note that he did not even put on wider wheels to widen the track of the truck for about 3 weeks after the lift was done, which obviusly compromised the rollover stability.

Didn’t you just make another thread about your lifted truck???

Strange topic to bring up 2 times on a karate forum.

Truck-world problems

I would be against regulating the aftermarket for vehicle parts TO much, as they are privately owned items (and as a jeep fan, keep your fucking legal paws off my off roader) However, some things like 12 inch lifts with skinny tires are remarkably stupid and dangerous. There should be a valid point of compromise in there somewhere.

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 . I'm content with it left alone.

The lifted trucks look cool but I'd rather be able to reach over the side of the bed to get whatever I'm hauling

Can someone explain the practical benefit of a lifted truck vs a non lifted truck?

Can someone explain the practical benefit of a lifted truck vs a non lifted truck?

The lifted one apparently also increase dick-size to 50% of the sportscar increase, but at only 10% of the sportscar cost.

Pretty sure some states have regulations on lifts. I think Michigan is 6 inches max...

If you take it off road.

If you see someone with a shiny nice truck, that is lifted, micro-penis.

If you have a beat up 02 pathrunner, with a wench, that looks like it has been flipped a few times, you have a fun hobby you enjoy.

Puddle crossing...rock crawling, but most trucks do neither.

Sounds like TS wants to live in a Nanny State.

Increased height from an extreme lift allow the truck to double as an elevated sniper position.

There is a small electrical contractor in my area that has two lifted GMC vans with bucket arms on top no less.

I watched one of these vans roll one day on my way to work as it was taking a turn too a quickly.

Smh.

Never understood neither the lifted nor the lowrider cultures.

Back