Lifelike punch bags...

Ultimate47

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knew wher i could get hold of a punch bag that is shaped like a person? I've seen Robbie Lawler train with a similar shape one, but have also seen in a Rickson Gracie vid, a guy training with one that can stand up by it's self.

It would be perfect for training ground drills and also throwing too. Any help would be very gratefully received.

oh they have a "fighting man dummy" on there somewhere too. A little pricey, I'd recommend a partner anyway but if you dont have access to parters for sparring I guess this would be ok to learn a bit from.

Efordy said:
oh they have a "fighting man dummy" on there somewhere too. A little pricey, I'd recommend a partner anyway but if you dont have access to parters for sparring I guess this would be ok to learn a bit from.

It is pretty much like that, but it was heavier and could stand by its self. Thanks for the link, i'll have a browse. The fighting man dummy is a little better, the price is NICE!!!

I use my grappling dummy. I stand him up, and i punch the shit out of him imagining the face of the guy who injured me in training three weeks ago.

Yeah, it works pretty well. I prefer a partner too, but I have no friends :( ...lol
Actually, I can rarely find time to use the dummy, let alone set up time with sparring partners. So it's a decent alternative.

b0necrusher said:
Yeah, it works pretty well. I prefer a partner too, but I have no friends :( ...lol

lmao. I can see when you use your friends as sparing partners why they might get alittle "standoffish" especally if they are not willing participants.

Adino said:
lmao. I can see when you use your friends as sparing partners why they might get alittle "standoffish" especally if they are not willing participants.

Yeah, I usually spring it on 'em. Nothing like sitting around chilling, and then out of nowhere DOUBLE LEG! SLAM! HEEL HOOK!
I lose more friends that way. Wussies.

Hahaha, that DIY dummy is sick. I wish I could spend the time to make something like that.

b0necrusher said:
Yeah, I usually spring it on 'em. Nothing like sitting around chilling, and then out of nowhere DOUBLE LEG! SLAM! HEEL HOOK!
I lose more friends that way. Wussies.

LMAO!!! Yea for some reason I have a "bad rep" because I like to show my friends a RNC whenever were watching Football. There all intense and concentrating and then BAM! locked in and their out! Ummmm....I wonder why I have watched all the Panthers preseason games alone :confused:

LCDforMe said:
Hahaha, that DIY dummy is sick. I wish I could spend the time to make something like that.

It doesn't really take that long. I have NO skills for making things, and it only took me a few hours. I went out an bought all the stuff I needed, put it together and grappled with it the same day. Actually the process of taping the hell out of it takes the longest.

Adino said:
LMAO!!! Yea for some reason I have a "bad rep" because I like to show my friends a RNC whenever were watching Football. There all intense and concentrating and then BAM! locked in and their out! Ummmm....I wonder why I have watched all the Panthers preseason games alone :confused:

HAHAHAHA!!! You should play it off. Like when they wake up, you should be standing over them like "DUDE! What happened?! We were watching the game and all the sudden you spazed out, and went unconcious"...lol

b0necrusher said:
HAHAHAHA!!! You should play it off. Like when they wake up, you should be standing over them like "DUDE! What happened?! We were watching the game and all the sudden you spazed out, and went unconcious"...lol

I'm totaly going to try that out this weekend. Ill let you know how it goes :icon_twis

After watching the Simpsons too many times I wonder if I could use that dummy to fake my own death Mwahahaha :D

OniKage said:
After watching the Simpsons too many times I wonder if I could use that dummy to fake my own death Mwahahaha :D

I tried it already. The best you can hope for is causing panic on the freeway by dropping it off of an overpass in rainy weather. Good clean fun.

Adino said:
I'm totaly going to try that out this weekend. Ill let you know how it goes
Go for it! Get it on video if you can. More good clean fun.

Back