Life Without BJJ

stile0

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Right now I train for free by cleaning mats and so on, but I haven't worked in months. The only way I'll probably be able to find something is if I have open availability, which means no BJJ for awhile. To be honest the thought of not being able to train scares the shit out of me... So to those who have taken breaks from training.. how did you handle it?

nudes of girl in your av please...and we will then help you out. thanks.

I always coached or ref'd when I had the time. That's what helped me get through it.

BJJ is a lifestyle for me. I could not go with out training to do so would be like giving up sex:icon_sad:

You're taking it to seriously. Just relax and have fun with or without it. Go get some pussy, go golfing, take a trip somewhere, read a book, get hammered etc.......

I feel like I'm missing something here.... Why not get a day job and train at night or vice versa?

I feel like I'm missing something here.... Why not get a day job and train at night or vice versa?

I'm still a student and the only shifts I'll probably get is closing shift. meh. Maybe I am taking it too seriously.

I don't think I will ever be without BJJ, although unfortunately life happens and with that comes a seemingly endless hiatus or two.

I hear ya. Most people who train also have school/work. But going to school full time AND working to support yourself, that gives you little free time.

My suggestion: keep training. Savor the time that you have, train as much as you can while you can. Don't worry about what might happen in a few months. You don't know what your work schedule will be, so why think about it? It's all hypothetical. But you can train now, so train now.

i ate a lot and got fat. and i also played a lot of computer games

if you are a college student just get a job at college. You can really work around your schedule.

also, training once a week like say on a saturday is way better than 0

See if you can get a job at your gym? Talk to your instructor.

I hear ya. Most people who train also have school/work. But going to school full time AND working to support yourself, that gives you little free time.

My suggestion: keep training. Savor the time that you have, train as much as you can while you can. Don't worry about what might happen in a few months. You don't know what your work schedule will be, so why think about it? It's all hypothetical. But you can train now, so train now.

Yeah, who knows how it will play out. I'm sure you'll see one or two holes in your schedule where you can get some rolls in.

I'm on an injury break right now and I hate it so bad. I've started playing COD:MW2 and smoking weed a TON more (well, mostly just more COD, the weed stays pretty consistant :D). The anxiousness has caused me to try rolling with a hurt knee, but the outcome of that was me rolling on the floor in pain as I tried to pop my knee back into place.

Just chill. Shit sucks, but you have more than enough time in your life to train.

Back