LHW title situation

Funkoar

Green Belt
Reaction score
So we have Sonnen fighting Jones in April.

Gus has been promised a title shot, after defeating Shogun.

Hendo and Machida are set to fight with a title shot on the line.

Cormier is more than likely moving down, 1 win away from a title shot according to Dana.

Then we have guys like Glover and Mousasi only a few wins away from a shot.

AAAAAAND MATCHMAKE!

Fuck it, I will start.

Gus fights Cormier for #1 contender.

Hendo/Machida fights Sonnen/Jones.

Glover and Mousasi fight the losers of each, doesn't matter who. Glover and Machida won't fight.

It's a division with a dominant champ and look at all the contenders!

Glover and especially Mousassi aren't really in contention imo. It would be interesting to see a fight between the Hendo-Machida winner and Gus for the title. Rashad could fight Glover if he gets the win against Rampage.

Did Cormier say he was moving down btw? I thought he was happy at HW, but i can see that change now that Cain is carrying the HW crown again.

Glover and especially Mousassi aren't really in contention imo. It would be interesting to see a fight between the Hendo-Machida winner and Gus for the title. Rashad could fight Glover if he gets the win against Rampage.

Did Cormier say he was moving down btw? I thought he was happy at HW, but i can see that change now that Cain is carrying the HW crown again.

I think it is inevitable that Cormier moves down, it isn't official, I am just assuming.

Hopefully Jones/Sonnen can take fights quickly to get through all these contenders.

I personally would like to see Gegarg get a name. That way he can eventually be thrown in the fray of LHW contention. Not saying he will do well or do bad, just would like to see him in the UFC.

I think it is inevitable that Cormier moves down, it isn't official, I am just assuming.

Hopefully Jones/Sonnen can take fights quickly to get through all these contenders.

He would make an intersting addition in the division for sure. But I think he is better off at HW. I hope they make the contenders fight and that Jones or Sonnen doesn't get hurt in their fights so the division can move forward. I don't want it to turn into another WW, with the contenders waiting out their shots.

I personally would like to see Gegarg get a name. That way he can eventually be thrown in the fray of LHW contention. Not saying he will do well or do bad, just would like to see him in the UFC.

Just get him in the UFC first, Im pretty sure he is gonna impress if they feed him a guy lower level guy.

Back