LGBT rights lawyer sets himself on fire to protest usage of fossil fuels

I feel sympathy for the man and agree with his causes, but this is mental illness disguised as virtue signaling.

The guy was suicidal and wanted to put a stamp on the issue he was passionate about, but any rational person could see that he could have done far more good for the environment alive than dead. I mean he was a lawyer, why not go after polluters or lobby for better environmental legislation. Don’t just say “fuck it” and burn yourself to death.

Listing a person of insteret's occupation is hardly unheard of in news stories. Would you have them describe him as just some man?

It's not exactly common to put the the person's occupation in the headline, unless it's related to the story. If he was an accountant or convenience store clerk, it would not be mentioned in the headline of this story, because it's irrelevant. Within the story perhaps, but not in the headline because it's not related to the subject.

K-y is a petroleum product, they use way too much of it

There is as much petroleum in ky jelly as effort you made to verify that ky jelly is a petroleum product. It says it on the packaging for christsakes. It isn't oil based, that is why it doesn't destroy condoms.

Last edited:
It's not exactly common to put the the person's occupation in the headline, unless it's related to the story. If he was an accountant or convenience store clerk, it would not be mentioned in the headline of this story, because it's irrelevant. Within the story perhaps, but not in the headline because it's not related to the subject.
Fair enough though apparently he was well known within the field. If a top physicist was involved with some news story they might include that info in the headline.

I guess you could say his future as a lawyer went up in smoke.

There is as much petroleum in ky jelly as effort you made to verify that ky jelly is a petroleum product. It says it on the packaging for christsakes. It isn't oil based, that is why it doesn't destroy condoms.
Then why is is some time referred to as “drilling”?

It was a joke lighten up

Didn't know I'd be clicking the hottest news of the day.

I'm going to bet he regretted that shit real fast but hope not for too long before he passed out.

Bat shit crazy.

No one will give a shit what this man did in about a week.

Just like no one gave a shit when monks in Tibet self-immolated to protest Chinese rule.

The only time people will start giving a shit is when the media has an agenda to push and spams coverage 24/7.

I usually avoid making disparaging remarks about the dead...

But that guy was a delusional idiot.

He definitely, should not have done that.

Dr. Ruth Prefect, giving us the facts about lubes.

iu

Dr. Ruth Prefect, giving us the facts about lubes.

iu

Somehow i think the anal to vaginal portion of that video won’t apply to his particular preference

Last edited:
My answer was a joke. You are reading way too mutch into it. I'm with you on that subject. I was just pointing out that some hypersensitive mod may ban you for outing the fact that gays life isnt all pink and unicorns like the left media paint it out to be.

Really..? This is what the "left media" does? Runs news stories all day about how happy gay dudes are?
<1>

I feel sympathy for the man and agree with his causes, but this is mental illness disguised as virtue signaling.

The guy was suicidal and wanted to put a stamp on the issue he was passionate about, but any rational person could see that he could have done far more good for the environment alive than dead. I mean he was a lawyer, why not go after polluters or lobby for better environmental legislation. Don’t just say “fuck it” and burn yourself to death.
Agree with this.
Dude had to of had some sort of mental illness, because someone sound of mind, especially one in his postion would see how dumb and pointless this act would be.

The guy was a lawyer and an activist, he could have made an actual difference where it mattered. Companies and governments are not going to stop polluting because a guy killed himself. Shit, they are GLAD a guy like him offed himself, it gives them one less person to fight.

I believe the article said he sent out letters to some newspapers before he did this. No one tried to stop him? I would think that this would be a clear case where they send in a group of people to put this guy in a straightjacket, and cart him off to a mental hospital to get tested.

That is some next level cuckery

I am just glad he actually died so his memory can fade into obscurity

Back