Lewis retiring!

He shouldnt retire, sure he had a bad performance tonight but he put his all in throwing heavy hands, great to watch and really has a lot of potential with proper training camps, i wanna see this guy fight again for sure

Hes actually had 3 pretty bad ones in a row. Maybe more. But the stars alighned and he didnt lose. Hunts chin and TDD held up and Lewis did what he do.

Goodbye Black Beast, you had a good run

On a side note, shame on those Auckland fans for not giving him a bigger cheer when he decided to retire. Fook those sheep fuckers

Lol shut the fuck up, bigger cheer? what do you think Lewis is? a legend or something? He's a nobody

20150905115254_5D3_8283.JPG

WTF Man, it was easier on the body to sell weed, You gotta problem...?

Ngannou will be the same when JDS KTFO him, this fighters fights some cans KO them but when they fight a good fighter they get destroyed or gassed like a bitch

Stop.

Elevation wasn't a factor at all. Lewis has always had shit for cardio. If he didn't give himself time to get acclimated to a different timezone, that's his fault.
Lmao so true.

Dude cardio has always been shit, any fight that goes past the first he is huffing and puffing.

He said he was going to retire like 7 fights ago after he paid off his house... Then he went on a 6 fight win streak. So he obviously paid off his house, bought a new car, put money away for retirement, and he's done!

Dude probably manages money really well. House paid off, vehicles paid off, 6 figures or multi 6 figures in bank... Can't blame the guy. Looks like he succeeded in this half of his life.

http://thesportsdaily.com/mma-manif...owne-fighter-salaries-reebok-attendance-gate/

Derrick Lewis
: $142,000 ($41,000 to show, $41,000 win bonus, $50,000 Fight of the Night bonus, $10,000 Reebok sponsorship)

That's his most recent fight. $142k is a nice sum, but with a loss he could be back down to around $60k for this showing.

No its not, that is an amount made up by a blog. You need to read these articles:

"Before we go any further, we should note that the Nova Scotia Boxing Commission doesn’t release fighter pay info, so none of the following salary data for the event is official."

2016 in Las Vegas, the number I quoted in my post, is Derrick's last officially reported payout, which is 33k to show. He may have marginally bumped up since last year, but we can only guess.

To contexualize this, Hunt and Overeem were each paid a flat 750k earlier this year.

MMA is feast or famine - a handful of athletes make great money, a slightly larger group makes good money, and the rest fight for peanuts. Lewis wouldn't suggest retirement if he was getting paid real money.

Ngannou our only chance.. Well Stipe is hypotethicaly new blood too.. Kind of..

You live in New Mexico, you don't deserve to have an opinion on anything, you sad broke bum.

Doesn't matter where I live, the difference between me and you is that I have a life and you have over 50 post per day in an internet forum

Anytime a fighter retires after losing. My ears turn off...

"Okay BJ I bet Nick Diaz is your last fight"

Guys a beast, but seems to me, he's tired, fought a fight he was already... Not sure he was that hungry for. (Fatigue, someone correct me if I'm wrong wasn't he saying he wanted to take a break b4 this fight)?

Eating chicken and ribs... An hour or 2 before throw down, doesn't scream u ready to win.

hes a good fighter... And I hope he ain't retiring.

I doubt both him and Johnson are completely serious

Both said it in the heat of the moment, then Rumble's stupid ass chimes in during the Gus/Glover fight how he wants to teach them how to throw an uppercut

If anything, I'll find Derrick more believable than Rumble. I think Rumble knew as long as Cormier was at the top, there'd be no way he'd get a belt

It'd be a damn shame if the UFC EVER gave Rumble Johnson a title shot again, even vs. Jon Jones considering his performance last time

If Derrick Lewis has legitimate back problems, I can relate. He's a big guy too, so that makes it harder. Hopefully he heals up and reconsiders

Back