Lewis retiring!

He said probably/most likely, which in fighter terms means he'll take a break and come right back.

Possibly*

He's a low level fighter
He can collect some wins still AGAINST 9-15

the ref shouldn't have stepped in . He ruined a potential highlight reel ko for hunt

He got out cardio by a 43 year old fighter. Maybe he should retire.

$

I heard Dana shout out "you're done after that performance" so Lewis just wanted to get on the front foot and save face. I respect Dana's decision

Or maybe pay them enough to make it worth the brain damage?

Lewis was just bragging up his new six-figure contract. The only other way Derrick Lewis is going to make six figures in a year is robbing banks.

Im sure once he catches his breath he'll change his tune

I liked Derrick Lewis much better when he blamed his cardio in having to take a shit.

spoilers much. Shouldve put loser of main event to retire

Hey, if you're going to browse the forums without watching live events, then browse at your own risk!

He shouldnt retire, sure he had a bad performance tonight but he put his all in throwing heavy hands, great to watch and really has a lot of potential with proper training camps, i wanna see this guy fight again for sure

He's 32 and has a decent amount of mileage. Apparently he's been suffering from a back injury for a number of years.

With a big win tonight he had a shot for the title because the division is paper thin, and possibly a very big payday. With a loss to Hunt that gets snapped and he's back down toiling away.

His last officially reported payout was in Las Vegas 2016 against Nelson and it was 33k to show.

Derrick doesn't have a financial incentive to keep fighting because most of these guys are trading brain damage for peanuts.

Back