Lets use facts and logic

Hirashin

This is not a profession
Banned
Reaction score
First of all, this wasn't a robbery as people say, its a highly debatable fight was the 2nd round was a very close round. Also, the judge that gave 4-1 Jones needs to retire/resign.
Also, we have an opportunity to watch this fight couple of more times to judge it properly, the judges had to make a decision than (not the 4-1 guy, that was embarrassing).

First round: Reyes caught Jones off guard resulting in a clear 10-9 victory.
Clearly had more shots and he landed better strikes.

Second Round: this was a very close round, Reyes started big landing more shots, Jones controlled the middle of the round with pressure, octagon control and aggressiveness, Reyes than finished strong landing good strikes, the issue with that Jones looked pretty bad when in those exchanges, turning his back and running from the fight.
Because it was a close round and no clear winner, I will say its a 10-10 round but I'm willing to debate this

Third round: I believe Reyes won that with no issue, landed more, was aggressive enough and he won the exchanges, didn't get taken down and defended the wrestling very good. 10-9 Reyes.
It showed a little fatigue when he sat down on the stool so, at that time, I believed this is when Jones takes control of the fight.

Fourth round: Jones won that by good pressure, octagon control, wrestling and was more aggressive. the takedowns were very quick and Reyes got back up immediately but he was getting tired because of this.
Jones 10-9.

Fifth Round: Jones did the same as the fourth, controlled the fight even landed better than Reyes who was obviously fatigued. Reyes still showed prowess when he got back up after several TDs. Still based on the aggression and control, Jones 10-9.

in my opinion and using my bias against Jones but he looked very weak in the last 2 fights he arguably edged both Santos and Reyes, First one by Santos ruining his knees in the middle of the fight and this one as he couldn't Adjust to the fight in time, leaving him exposed.

This is giving the rest of the division hope that they can dethrone him.
Jones is not the same dominating fighter as he was.
USADA, Mileage, not being sharp and using his advantages enough, going into a kickboxing match and looking vulnerable, exposed as his defense is running away sometimes, turning his back to the opponent.
People starting to notice this and I think he is in a position to feel threatened by the competition.

Reyes looked good which means he is hungry for success, his went there and I believe try his shot at winning this fight instead of trying to make one hail mary attempt like Poirer vs Khabib, he went for the long game and unfortunately, he was very close.

Looking forward to a possible rematch and Jan vs. Anderson.
Jones showing weakness makes the LHW much more interesting.

Reyes 1,2,3

Jones won
No amount of salty tears and crying to your momma can change that, Reyes the weasel should go to Rizin

First of all, this wasn't a robbery as people say, its a highly debatable fight was the 2nd round was a very close round. Also, the judge that gave 4-1 Jones needs to retire/resign.
Also, we have an opportunity to watch this fight couple of more times to judge it properly, the judges had to make a decision than (not the 4-1 guy, that was embarrassing).

First round: Reyes caught Jones off guard resulting in a clear 10-9 victory.
Clearly had more shots and he landed better strikes.

Second Round: this was a very close round, Reyes started big landing more shots, Jones controlled the middle of the round with pressure, octagon control and aggressiveness, Reyes than finished strong landing good strikes, the issue with that Jones looked pretty bad when in those exchanges, turning his back and running from the fight.
Because it was a close round and no clear winner, I will say its a 10-10 round but I'm willing to debate this

Third round: I believe Reyes won that with no issue, landed more, was aggressive enough and he won the exchanges, didn't get taken down and defended the wrestling very good. 10-9 Reyes.
It showed a little fatigue when he sat down on the stool so, at that time, I believed this is when Jones takes control of the fight.

Fourth round: Jones won that by good pressure, octagon control, wrestling and was more aggressive. the takedowns were very quick and Reyes got back up immediately but he was getting tired because of this.
Jones 10-9.

Fifth Round: Jones did the same as the fourth, controlled the fight even landed better than Reyes who was obviously fatigued. Reyes still showed prowess when he got back up after several TDs. Still based on the aggression and control, Jones 10-9.

in my opinion and using my bias against Jones but he looked very weak in the last 2 fights he arguably edged both Santos and Reyes, First one by Santos ruining his knees in the middle of the fight and this one as he couldn't Adjust to the fight in time, leaving him exposed.

This is giving the rest of the division hope that they can dethrone him.
Jones is not the same dominating fighter as he was.
USADA, Mileage, not being sharp and using his advantages enough, going into a kickboxing match and looking vulnerable, exposed as his defense is running away sometimes, turning his back to the opponent.
People starting to notice this and I think he is in a position to feel threatened by the competition.

Reyes looked good which means he is hungry for success, his went there and I believe try his shot at winning this fight instead of trying to make one hail mary attempt like Poirer vs Khabib, he went for the long game and unfortunately, he was very close.

Looking forward to a possible rematch and Jan vs. Anderson.
Jones showing weakness makes the LHW much more interesting.

Lol second round was close? Disqualified yourself right there

i hope conor vs khabib 2 wont go to the judges, there is no way he wins a decision.

It looked like Jones made Reyes miss a ton of those flurries in the second. I’m curious to rewatch this one, I had such a shit view at the bar I was in.

Anyone that didnt score Reyes the first 3 rounds is a fuckin retard

Let's see...

3 warnings from the ref about eye poking, 2 in the 1rst round, though there were times when Jon had his fingers pointed at Reyes' eyes, and Dan didn't call it. (With a Champion who should be of higher calibur, and a known eye poking cheat like Jon is, there should be no 3rd warning. Point deduction, plain and simple.)

Literally running away from Reyes on more than one occasion. Walking into exchanges where Jon got pieced up for it.

Got a few token take downs, but no control. (How are you going to score a take down with no control?)

All that, and the supposed GOAT still couldn't finish a guy whose Pro MMA career is his second job, and who hadn't seen a rounds 4 and 5 yet in his career.

Rematch.

This time in Vegas, and not in bumfuck Texas, with judges who don't even watch the fights, let alone know anything about fighting.

When one guy handily wins the striking and the grappling is even (or non-existent) then octagon control and aggressiveness don't count

MMA-Unified-Rules.jpg

R2
10-9 Reyes
for outstriking Jon about 27-21

Lol at calling the second round close because of octogan control. Octogan control and pressure are like the 3rd or 4th factor to consider in a fight when the striking is close. The striking was nowhere near close. Jones got outstruck and was backing up several times from getting wobbled.

Let's see...

3 warnings from the ref about eye poking, 2 in the 1rst round, though there were times when Jon had his fingers pointed at Reyes' eyes, and Dan didn't call it. (With a Champion who should be of higher calibur, and a known eye poking cheat like Jon is, there should be no 3rd warning. Point deduction, plain and simple.)

Literally running away from Reyes on more than one occasion. Walking into exchanges where Jon got pieced up for it.

Got a few token take downs, but no control. (How are you going to score a take down with no control?)

All that, and the supposed GOAT still couldn't finish a guy whose Pro MMA career is his second job, and who hadn't seen a rounds 4 and 5 yet in his career.

Rematch.

This time in Vegas, and not in bumfuck Texas, with judges who don't even watch the fights, let alone know anything about fighting.

Great that you mentioned the eyepokes warnings.
Totally slip my mind to mention that in the OP.

I have a dream that one day, Jones will get a point deduction via constant eye pokes.

Lol at calling the second round close because of octogan control. Octogan control and pressure are like the 3rd or 4th factor to consider in a fight when the striking is close. The striking was nowhere near close. Jones got outstruck and was backing up several times from getting wobbled.
You clearly have no idea of what getting wobbled means

Great that you mentioned the eyepokes warnings.
Totally slip my mind to mention that in the OP.

I have a dream that one day, Jones will get a point deduction via constant eye pokes.

*Like*

It's a joke at this point. The motherfucker does ot in every fight, and the refs all act deaf, dumb, and blind to it.

Wish Dana would get over himself, and use the old Pride style gloves. That's my dream lol

TS: "Lets use facts and logic"...

Also TS: "In my opinion..."

Back