Let's talk sunglasses

51916ba385ff8.jpg

Found them in the backseat of my car and tried to figure out who they belonged to. No one I knew of being in my car lost them, so I've kind of adopted them... Jokes probably on me for wearing my wife's boyfriend's glasses for the last few months. Ipad coming soon!

I used to think paying more than $20 for sunglasses was dumb...then i bought a pair of non shitty ones and I will never buy cheap again.
I wear Maui Jim most of the time

I've bought cheap gas station glasses and I've had nicer ones. Gargoyles back in the day, Oakleys, Maui Jim's, Killer Loop, Revo's. My favorite are a pair of Bolle's that fit my face just right, are light, and are polarized. Polarized is a big deal. I can only wear cheapos now in an emergency.

I have collected four pair of the (now discontinued) Bolle model I like, so hopefully I can get by with those for several years until some fancy new tech comes along that I like better.

Be very careful with cheap sunglasses -here's why.

Unless a Sunglass lens has full bandwidth protection needed for UV spectrum etc you can do serious damage to your eyes because the tint on the Sunglasses will dialate your pupil and allow way more UV in than normal if the lens is not truly doing it's job.

Because just about every crappy dollar store pair of sunglasses has a fancy UV sticker on it -I start to doubt the validity of these claims -as I don't believe there is much regulation and enforcement in the area.

Point is, with brand name sunglasses you can bet the filtering of UV and other spectrums is adequate -for others not so much and the risks may be great and of course not worth it.

Last edited:
Be very with cheap sunglasses -here's why.

Unless a Sunglass lens has full bandwidth protection needed for UV spectrum etc you can do serious damage to your eyes because the tint on the Sunglasses will dialate your pupil and allow way more UV in than normal if the lens is not truly doing it's job.

Because just about every crappy dollar store pair of sunglasses has a fancy UV sticker on it -I start to doubt the validity of these claims -as I don't believe there is much regulation and enforcement in the area.

Point is, with brand name sunglasses you can bet the filtering of UV and other spectrums is adequate -for others not so much and the risks may be great and of course not worth it.

I started reading your post, then I was like "huh?" halfway through. I think you meant 'wary' or 'very wary'? :)

I have Ray Ban Aviators. They were about 225 if I recall. They fit my face right.

either "Wary" or "very careful" -not sure which I was after...:)

can't blame this one on the neck meds.....I'm sober today

Let's call it a withdrawal symptom. ;)

I hate sunglasses, because I wear glasses
I get cheap fake Raybans when I go to Greece
or

I had a pair of Ray-Ban New Wayfarers. Someone stole them.

I just wear knockoff Wayfarers now.

Anyone have any experience with Under Armor's glasses? They seem like Oakleys for less money...

Its funny how quick everyone on sherdog is to call or label another person's clothes or accessories "douche"....pretentious just saying that something is d-baggish IMO. Just let it be and keep it moving. So what if someone buys 4 pairs of Ray Bans or whatever.

I used to think paying more than $20 for sunglasses was dumb...then i bought a pair of non shitty ones and I will never buy cheap again.
I wear Maui Jim most of the time

same here...I've been wearing Maui Jims for quite a while now. I like the look of some Oakleys but never found that comfortable pair like Mauis.

I wear some men's Pradas I found. They are a really nice pair of sunglasses. I wouldn't pay $300 for them but I'm certainly glad I found them. Before them I just wore $20-30 Aviators.

I have two or three faux Ray Ban Wayfarers

And a black Rayban Wayfarer that's polarized.

Chrome-Hearts-Kufannaw.jpg

Just picked up a pair of these. I look super cool in them.

Back