Let's talk 'bout Johnny Walker and his future...

Kyle Stephens

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Yeah... I feel this is the reckoning he needed.
It showed that he has very limited defensive skills. Especially his reaction when stunned is just not adequate. Shows his lack of UFC experience (I mean in terms of fighttime). I liked his grappling skills, tho. He was athletic enough and aware of the basics to stand up, despite being badly hurt and under continuous fire. He fucked up here, but he has so much potential. Johnny is just insanely athletic and dangerous. If he adopts more traditional style, staying more over his feet, have nice guard, not just stretching his arms aimlessly, he should be aware of the punches comming and have even sturdier chin. And he can still keep throwing some wild shit once in a while to mix things up. But just basing your whole game around "sudden death" techniques is not smart, unless you only fight schlubs...

It would be a total waste not to see him in big fights. The shitty thing with these uber athletic guys is that they doesn't realise that if they just do the boring stuff, their athleticism will show up even more and will really put them above everybody (like Jonny Bones does). Straight punches, jabbing, fainting, using every trick in the book... Slow, plodding guys doing these is effective, imagine a freak like Johnny. He will land his punches and be out of range before his opponent even realise what happened. Not to mention that fighting using more traditional approach is good on your gastank. Especially important if you are a mountain of muscle.

I think he is smart and will learn his lesson. I just hope it doesn't take another one or two losses in order to do that.

Good win for Corey, he was really pumped after the fight, a lot of people were counting him out. Me included.

Should have let him grow instade of pushing him so fast.

Well... He wanted to prolong his fights..... Should've just went in to finish in the first and he wouldn't have lost.

Could be a good thing for him, that loss. Anderson lost some fights brutally and has improved, I think, because of them.

He just needs an easy fight to get him back

Too many headaches this morning with Johnny Walker. I'm gonna be making a switch

giphy.gif

He should start be focusing more on his training then his hair.

It showed that these dudes need to stop focusing on Jones and focus on the dude theyre about to fight

I don't like to question a fighter's chin prematurely but I was really surprised by how easily he got rocked and how poorly he reacted to it. That's not exactly a trainable skill. I think he'll be a glass cannon.

He may never be a contender but he'll always be fun to watch, similar to Niko Price.
I see him hovering around the top 5 for many years.
He is super fun to watch no matter what.
I do think a few others in the division will starch him. Volkan Oezdemir would knock him the fuck out, I reckon. Also, someone like Magomed Ankalaev.
Jonny Walker still has a hype train to protect so maybe letting him get his confidence back with a stylistically good matchup is needed.
I nominate Luke Rockhold. We always know Rockhold is good for a fun shadowrealm gif and Jonny Walker would be more than happy to oblige.
Otherwise, Anthony Smith. I think Jonny Walker could pull off a win against Lionheart.

Smash someone ranked 20 again..

Sherdog once again proclaims he will dethrone Jones..

He's got a weird, wild style and was expecting to fight a guy who wanted to wrestle.

Lost via standing TKO, where he got battered with a few good shots but didn't even drop.

Nothing much to it in my mind, fighters lose fights. He learned a lesson.

Back