Lets talk Alexander Volkov

Jamoke

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hot dayumn, son! With all the "Tito beats smaller guy!", "Rampage", "Mo", "Bellator sucks!" threads, we've forgot one of the best fighters of the night.

His TDD looked damn fine(that was his only weakness) and he took the back and sunk in the choke in no time and subbed a Judo black belt and Sambo world champ. His head movement looked great too and whenever Blagoi came close he threw a bunch of short punches which all landed.

Minakov is getting owned in the rematch.

He got shoved against the fence for a round and a half, then won after his opponent botched a throw and was too tired to even attempt to defend the RNC.

Best fighter ever.

Blagoi gassed cause he couldn't do anything besides struggle to hold Volkov against the fence where Volkov beat him up.

Volkov has improved a shit ton since his title reign, training at Black House. At this point I won't be surprised if he can win the title back

He got shoved against the fence for a round and a half, then won after his opponent botched a throw and was too tired to even attempt to defend the RNC.

Best fighter ever.

wow, first post just killed TS thread.

that said. While i don't think he beats Minakov, I do look forward to watching that fight.

The guy is legit. He is a solid striker and he showed that he can avoid being taken down easily against a great grappler as Ivanov is.

I think he can beat Minakov. It will be an interesting fight.

Very skilled but I still think he's going to have to weather a storm against Minakov to get a win which I think he's very capable of. If the rematch with Minakov gets into deep waters its his to lose.

a very good fighter, but i doubt he ll do much more than struve in the ufc!

Ivanov landed some shots due to Volkov's hunched down face first stance, I think Minakov will find his chin again and put him out. If he can avoid Minakov for 2 rounds though then he can use his cardio advantage to take over the fight in the 3rd however, but we'll see if he can avoid those massive looping punches.

Volkov has improved a shit ton since his title reign, training at Black House. At this point I won't be surprised if he can win the title back

i agree.

i favor Volkov in the rematch. he looks impressive and improves every fight imo

Back