Let's talk about Sean Sherk..

great wrestling,iron chin and a cardio machine.Fought at ww when he's like a fw.Made poor decisions like stand and trade with bj and frankie.Outclassed Florian and Gsp outclassed him.
Top 15 p4p

He orders small size soft drinks since he comes from Mini Soda

.....and so does his pop

Dana likes to talk about Renan alot recently but Sean was 31-1-1 when GSP made him scream "AAAArgh" with the same armlock Jon just used on Glover.

It happened a few minutes before Georges gave him a hellbow to the nose to end the fight.

The only fighter to beat Sean up to that point was the reigning UFC WW champ and future hall of famer, Matt Hughes. Matt wasn't able to stop Sherk in that fight though.

TS, something else that might interest you is Sean only lost to current/future Hall of famers: Hughes, GSP, Baby Jay and Frankie Edgar.

A GSP ejaculation in a Sherk thread.

Cecil Peeples & I must be the only ones who scored the Dunham fight for Sherk :icon_lol:

He spent much of his career fighting well above where he should have been for his body type, he is a short LW with really short arms who was top ten at 170 for years before becoming 155 champ and defending.

When he went down to 155 he got the belt, helped to build the UFC LW division which is now one of the biggest divisions in MMA. He had a smothering top game and very very explosive takedowns (though he was guilty of stalling on top in my opinion, but whatever, it worked for him)

Also people aren't giving enough credit for his wins, beating Karo 2x at 170 and Tiki were big wins back then, maybe they don't sound like it now but that shouldn't change the fact that they were big wins then. He also handed Manny Gamburyan his only pre UFC loss and went the distance with Matt Hughes right in the middle of his prime when Matt was finishing pretty much everyone he faced.

Steroids definitely hurt his rep whether he really juiced or not, and his fighting style for much of his career did not make him a fan favorite but his record 36-4-1 speaks for itself and he never lost to anyone but all time greats. IF the HOF was purely based on performances and record he would be a no brainer.

I don't know if he did steroids, it sounds like he was taking supplements off the shelves that should have been banned but weren't. The guy even took a polygraph and passed it and he's always been ripped.

http://www.cagepotato.com/exclusive...penn-doesnt-know-what-its-like-to-train-hard/

He's the one guy that never changed his story when his test came up positive and never tried to get out of a test and went very far to prove his innocence.

He originally blamed tainted test tubes in the lab. When the second sample also tested positive he blamed the supplements.

When CSAC informed him he would be tested the next day after he landed he refused to get on the plane and UFC had to cancel his fight at 104.

He did a seminar in the gym I trained in at the time. Id only been training a few weeks and didnt really know who he was so I skipped it...apparently he was great

the food i eat taste like crap but it helps in my performance- sean sherk

goes to show how dedicated he was to fighting

Dana likes to talk about Renan alot recently but Sean was 31-1-1 when GSP made him scream "AAAArgh" with the same armlock Jon just used on Glover.

It happened a few minutes before Georges gave him a hellbow to the nose to end the fight.

The only fighter to beat Sean up to that point was the reigning UFC WW champ and future hall of famer, Matt Hughes. Matt wasn't able to stop Sherk in that fight though.

TS, something else that might interest you is Sean only lost to current/future Hall of famers: Hughes, GSP, Baby Jay and Frankie Edgar.

Jesus, you need to see a shrink.

Sean was a great fighter. Had a great career. I truly believe he got screwed with the drug test thing. I think he could have beat BJ if he had tried to wrestle. And everything he accomplished, he did it with bad hips and knees. The dude was a mental monster and powered through all his injuries for years. Nothing but respect for the guy

He originally blamed tainted test tubes in the lab. When the second sample also tested positive he blamed the supplements.

When CSAC informed him he would be tested the next day after he landed he refused to get on the plane and UFC had to cancel his fight at 104.

This is the first i've ever heard of this, do you have a source?

Sherk was a monster i remember always calling bullshit that he was behind gomi and maybe kawajiri in the rankings if I remember right.

When i think of Sherk i can't help but think of Bj Penn running flying knee to the Sherk's dome. Shit was brutal.

Sherk was a monster i remember always calling bullshit that he was behind gomi and maybe kawajiri in the rankings if I remember right.

Na, he was rightfully behind them due to the LW division just coming back in the UFC, while most of the best LWs had gone to Japan because the UFC didn't have a LW division for a few years, that doesn't mean he couldn't have beaten them though.

He didn't have much of a choice but to stand with BJ. He tried to take him down and was shut down so easily that he apparently was convinced that he had no chance to take him down. I watched the fight multiple times and noticed it. I think he was probably right.

Just attempting to outwrestle someone offers no guarantees of succeeding and people were (and still are) underselling BJ's takedown defense.

His attitude around the time of the positive test contributed greatly to his squandered goodwill with some fans - even shunning some of his own fans because people booed him in the arena.

Back