Let's talk about getting joints popped

We do catch and release leg locks, for those of us who have trained them, even from white belt ... well not n00bish white belts but dudes with their white who have taken the time to go to some leglock seminars and drill them enough then coach will give you the heads up to catch and release when you roll. It's cool cos I know when I can finally actually use them in full, I know for sure I can set them up and get to them. For me personally (3 year white belt so really I don't know shit) I will tap to a HH when I feel the twisting sensation flow through my ankle. I'll tap to knee bar from muscular sensation rather than waiting to feel the joint hyperextend, and that kind of thing... Dunno if it's over cautious or not. But as much as I hate walking 20 extra feet to get to the grocery store from my car, I don't really want to be able to park in handicap spaces much...

Both ankles popped from outside heelhooks. It's sore for a bit but goes away relatively quickly.

Two times I can think of. Once from a toe hold and I was fine in a day or two.

The other time was during a tournament. Got caught in kesa gatame and the guy went for the armbar/Americana. He shoved my arm over hard and fast and it popped several times at the elbow. I was recovering from that one for about a year. Probably didn't help that I wouldn't rest it.

I've been training for about 10 years, so no, not like me.
There are two parts of my sentence that could have been like you: "Early in my career", or "didn't hurt until the pop". I intended the later. No need to get testy about time in, I've been training about 10 years also.

Back