Opinion Let's take a moment and remember the events of 9-11 - what were you doing when it happened?

Was in middle school. One of the staff members brought a tv into math class to try to get the news up. Shortly after he put it up, the second plane hit. I’m not even sure if he realized it was an attack when the first plane hit. We got sent home a few hours later.

I'm a "lib" according to the strict definition. The people you're talking about are as much outliers to the left as the type KKK racists are to the right. Fuck em both.

Sure but there a lot more guys in the War Room who think America deserved 9/11 than there are KKK guys...

I was guarding tank ammo at Fort Knox. I was in tank school and I thought the platoon sergeant had the radio on a sci fi channel because it was talking about planes flying into the twin towers. I asked him and he said the news. He hadn't been paying attention so I said you might want to listen to this.

This thread shouldn't be here in the first place. Millions of people have died throughout history and yet we only remember 9/11. Even in school we used to stand up in silence for a minute on 9/11 and it wasn't america, but we never did the same for other similar or worse events.
Americans have one foreign attack made on them and they will never ever stop talking about it.

It’s an important event, but they seem to forget a lot worse has happened since then and a lot of it was done by the US military.

It’s like how they arrived in Europe during WW2 at the very last minute and they try to run with all the credit.

But I just take people at their word until they give me a reason not to.
In that case, my entire class volunteered to go rebuild the twin towers, but sturdier. We were 11 years old can you believe it? yes

Some people did something.
“CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties.”

Different meaning, no? Why not add the full quote?

It must be so hard to go throw life thinking there are people who would cheer your being shot based on your sexuality. I’m sorry you feel that way.

@franklinstower You agree with this guy? He's mean.

... And unintentionally hilarious. <45>

Americans have one foreign attack made on them and they will never ever stop talking about it.

It’s an important event, but they seem to forget a lot worse has happened since then and a lot of it was done by the US military.

It’s like how they arrived in Europe during WW2 at the very last minute and they try to run with all the credit.

Don't be mad at our swagger.

“CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties.”

Oh, I'm aware this is complete "gotcha" BS.

Learn from Trump, just divert.

People are just mad that Omar is a truther.

I was 16 and a sophmore in high school. I went to a trade school so it was during shop week (I was in Carpentry) and our teacher told us about it. I remember my friends and I thinking a plane hitting a building was just wild and laughing about it. But then we heard that a second plane hit the other tower and the idea that it was a coordinated terrorist attack against America using hijacked planes filled with innocent people in a suicide attack started to sink in.

We didn't have a TV in shop class but we did have some shitbox computer that took forever to load one web page. It took like 10 minutes for the Yahoo front page to load and there was the picture of the two smoking towers. We'd refresh the page to get the latest news and I so vividly remember the the picture of both towers smoking turned into one lone tower amidst a giant mountain of smoke after refreshing the page. That freaked me the fuck out.

Well maybe this is not the thread for my kind of comments. I’ll assume people here are genuinely emotionally evolved in 9/11 and I’ll just stfu

I had to make a joke of it, because you hit a sore point. I actually thought we won WWII basically by ourself, until I got older. That is basically what is taught in our public schools.

I certainly wasn't taught that Russia won WWII.

Her words were never taken out of context. Please explain how they have a different meaning here.

I had to make a joke of it, because you hit a sore point. I actually thought we won WWII basically by ourself, until I got older. That is basically what is taught in our public schools.

I certainly wasn't taught that Russia won WWII.
I was taught ‘well they invaded Russia but it was too cold and they only had summer clothes.’

Her words were never taken out of context. Please explain how they have a different meaning here.
If you only put up a partial sentence, that’s taking it out of context. Her emphasis seems to be on the civil liberties being infringed upon.

I was taught ‘well they invaded Russia but it was too cold and they only had summer clothes.’

Netflix has these WWII propaganda/news videos from the time.

So interesting to watch. US sources celebrated the Russian victory as the first blow to the image of Nazi invincibility.

I don't think I ever had a real appreciation for how victory after victory for the Nazi's had a psycological effect on people, to the point that it was such a big deal when the Russians finally stopped them.

@franklinstower You agree with this guy? He's mean.

... And unintentionally hilarious. <45>

These guys man....... For a long time I would not even call myself a christian because of these guys.....

This is more my speed even though I found him late in my path. I am the poor mans Thomas Keating. Give it a listen its only 3 minutes or so,

First of all TS, go fuck yourself for that dumbass addition at the end. Second, still one of themore surreal experiences I've ever seen on TV. I was headed to school and the first jet already hit. By the time I got to school I believe the second had just struck. Was an interesting day. Aced my Economics test that day, though.

Back