Let's settle this: Is WARRIOR a good MMA movie or not?

Well considering what we have to choose from our vault of "mma movies", I'd say warrior is pretty much the best.

I saw a good one Called "the hammer" about mark hamil. And Foxcatcher was excellent but more about a wrestler who fought in a very early ufc fight.

But all those ones with like highschool kids fighting mma are stupid as hell.

Well considering what we have to choose from our vault of "mma movies", I'd say warrior is pretty much the best.

I saw a good one Called "the hammer" about mark hamil. And Foxcatcher was excellent but more about a wrestler who fought in a very early ufc fight.

But all those ones with like highschool kids fighting mma are stupid as hell.

I wouldn't call The Hammer an MMA movie. It's about someone who eventually gets into MMA but its about Hamill's wrestling days.

I was pretty cynical going into it and I didnt come away hating it so I give it a pass

I wouldn't call The Hammer an MMA movie. It's about someone who eventually gets into MMA but its about Hamill's wrestling days.

Totally, as was fox catcher. I was just demonstrating how shallow the pool is when looking into mma films. Because other than warrior there's those never back down films and there was a really horribly one called "fighting".

The best mma fiction is probably that tv show "kingdom" that's on now.

Totally, as was fox catcher. I was just demonstrating how shallow the pool is when looking into mma films. Because other than warrior there's those never back down films and there was a really horribly one called "fighting".

The best mma fiction is probably that tv show "kingdom" that's on now.

Fighting was god awful. I'm pretty sure every mma movie had had a powerbomb in it.

Kind of off topic but did any of you guys watch that reality show on Mtv about mma? I can't remember the name, but it was worse than any of the fiction shows/movies.

Fighting was god awful. I'm pretty sure every mma movie had had a powerbomb in it.

Kind of off topic but did any of you guys watch that reality show on Mtv about mma? I can't remember the name, but it was worse than any of the fiction shows/movies.

You're thinking of Caged, which followed Karate Mafia in Bossier City, LA.

It was a good show, and Karate Mafia is having a lot of success. Their head coach is a very respected man. I'm hoping to start training there in a month or so.

Warrior was formulaic and manipulative. Didn't care, I still love it. Even got a little teary-eyed at the end.

In the 2011 Movie Guide (and if my memory serves me correct), Warrior got more or less a 90% approval rating from Sherdog from a total of over 250 posters.

My Lord of the Dragon, what about using your Super Mod Powers to add a Poll?

If you want to go about what's probably the best "combat sports" movie then my vote would probably have to be Vision Quest.

You're thinking of Caged, which followed Karate Mafia in Bossier City, LA.

It was a good show, and Karate Mafia is having a lot of success. Their head coach is a very respected man. I'm hoping to start training there in a month or so.

I wasn't crazy about the show, with that being said I also only watched a few episodes. I do know the gym is pretty legit. I enjoyed the documentary Fightville, which was about people from that gym, or who at one point trained there. It's been awhile since I have seen it. Good luck!

Come on, have you seen the competition Warrior is up against?

If it isn't the best MMA movie hands down I'd like to know what beats it.

Good by mma movie standards - but thats like saying it's the best turd in a pile of excrement -

It was just cheesy by regular movie standards

I liked the movie. I always thought Kurt Angle played "Fedor". Not sure if that was the intention , i think it was though.

Back