Let's settle this: Is it good that Goldberg is leaving or not?

Is it good that Goldberg got fired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's more of a familiarity thing for me. I don't really pay attention to what is being said. It's more like I'm just used to Goldie's and Rogan's voices during a UFC event and everyone else just sounds weird. It makes it a different experience. Like I said before, it's like when that "other guy" took over after Marv Albert was fired by the Knicks. It just sounded weird.

Goldie isn't bad. I'm sure there are better guys.

I don't want to hear Jim Rome.

I don't know why he got canned, but I think he'll be missed. He's not the most articulate commentator in the world, but he's part of the identity of the UFC. I personally don't like "professional" sounding announcers call fights. I think some of the cards without Goldie(and Rogan for that matter) take a hit, simply because the announce team isn't as enthusiastic. When you watch those cards, something seems to be missing.

If in fact Jim Rome is going to replace him, it's a terrible decision. Guy is the vocal equivalent to watching paint dry.

I don't know why he got canned, but I think he'll be missed. He's not the most articulate commentator in the world, but he's part of the identity of the UFC. I personally don't like "professional" sounding announcers call fights. I think some of the cards without Goldie(and Rogan for that matter) take a hit, simply because the announce team isn't as enthusiastic. When you watch those cards, something seems to be missing.

If in fact Jim Rome is going to replace him, it's a terrible decision. Guy is the vocal equivalent to watching paint dry.

Well said, nobody is going to do that job perfectly. It's much more difficult than these hater MMA fans think.

In fact, when these haters suggest someone to replace him, they often prove to show they have zero understanding of what Goldie really does. He's a host and a traffic cop.

Only person i approve of is kellerman ive always liked his commentary... If not him keep goldy

Neither option.

Terrible poll

It's BS in my opinion. The whole unprofessionalism from Dana, Goldberg, Rogan etc. is part of the charm of the UFC.
I fear the UFC will just turn into any other sport franchise. Same generic tweets and statements put out.

No more Dana making fun of Cyborg walking like Wanderlei, no more Goldie mistaking a low for a high kick.
They don't even have real post fight pressers anymore. Those were golden moments like Bisping Rockhold.

People will miss that stuff ones the UFC is just another sport franchise with no personality.

I could Like this post 1000 times. Totally agree with everything you said.

Fuck trying to "professionalize" the UFC.

I agree that he sucks but it's almost charming, he's so bad that he's good.

I went with it not being a good thing.

He's become part of the furniture and I reckon I might miss the goofy fucker commentating the fights. We'll have to see how the new guy does, if he's great then after a few events Goldie will be relegated to the history bins and no one will give a fuck.

Looks like 2-to-1 says Goldie should stay.

Sherdog, I am proud of you.

Sorry, but I like the dude. Won't be the same hearing someone else after 20 fuckin years lol.

Anyone who started watching around my time has some kinda spot in their heart for even that one small detail and grew into mma with him.

Either that or it was a 20 year grudge and they are jerking off to the fact he's "finally" gone...

Way to fuckin win that one ;)

What other options would you like to see?

The options are YES you're ready to see him go. Or NO you're not.

It's not complicated.
No, those are not the listed options. Those would've been much better choices, though.

No, those are not the listed options. Those would've been much better choices, though.

The question is whether or not it's good that Goldberg got fired.

There's a YES option and a NO option.

Don't make it more complicated than it is. Either you're happy he's leaving or you're not.

There should be an option for "Abstaining until I learn his replacement." I have a feeling he's just gonna be replaced by some FOX stooge who doesn't know shit about MMA. So basically Goldberg without the experience.

If they replace him with someone competent who has good chemistry with Joe I'll be a fan, he was with the company for 20-years it's not like they didn't give him a fair shake and booted his ass the first second they could.

If I had a magic wand, Goldie and Rogan would stay forever, and the Fertittas would still own the UFC.

He sounds ridiculous and makes the sport look bad. Get him some sort of office job if you just want to be loyal.

Will be interesting to see Rome and Rogan together. Rogan wont take shit from him at all.
So this guy is taking over?

NUrwIzqqkFWdFBM5oMMzkK0jI2MT0g.png

The question is whether or not it's good that Goldberg got fired.

There's a YES option and a NO option.

Don't make it more complicated than it is. Either you're happy he's leaving or you're not.
Dude, you are the one making it too complicated. All this stuff about it being bullshit he got the axe for being a loyal employee vs saying no, the guy sucks, with no middle ground options...

Are you seriously this dense? You were the one who made the poll. You were the one who could've kept it a simple "yes" or "no," but instead you chose to make it, well, stupid. That's why I posted that it's a stupid poll. Because it is.

Back