Let's settle this: Is it good that Goldberg is leaving or not?

Is it good that Goldberg got fired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

Guestx

VOTE!

And then offer a few thoughts.

Personally, I'm not happy about it. The guy has been around so long that he's like an old friend now. I think he works well with Joe, I appreciate his energy, and he may make a few mistakes every once in a while but I've never been bothered by it.

I understand other people hold different opinions though. So offer yours and let's see how the cards fall for Goldie here on Sherdog.

Total bs... Stay Goldie, Ponyboy UFC. Stay Goldie

Its not as easy as yes or no, if they get a good replacement, aka ranello or shiavello, then yeah its good, if he is replaced by some douche bag like rome, then no its a shitty idea, personally I prefer he stays

I'm really going to miss Goldie. I'd rather not have someone like Jim Rome or Max Kellerman take his place.

Depends on who replaces him.
Do we have a name?
You could always laugh at Goldies fook ups

I'll miss him. His fuck ups are the main reason I like him.

I actually like the shenanigans we "go through", I'll miss him.

Its not as easy as yes or no, if they get a good replacement, aka ranello or shiavello, then yeah its good, if he is replaced by some douche bag like rome, then no its a shitty idea, personally I prefer he stays

I still think it's a bullshit move to just kick somebody out who has been a loyal company man all these years. I get that these are new owners, but I also feel like they take on something of a responsibility to respect the legacy of the previous owners. And Goldberg is part of that.

Not gonna be the same without goldie...

Rip Goldy, the UFC just got even more boring, at least we still have Rogan for a few months...

It's really easy to shit on Goldie but if you actually take a second and think about how much he does each event with all the plugging of Corn Nuts and other random ass products/brands plus play by play and the intros/breakdowns that aren't pre taped, he is a damn workhorse.

Not mention the dudes voice is synonymous with UFC events and to me, at least, he will be sorely missed.

Not to mention, just the thought of Jim Rome trying to do what Goldie does makes cringe.

It would be better if he took Buffer with him. It would be great if the hired a Jim Lampley type to replace.

Half the fun was a group of friends and myself shaking our heads at Goldberg. He could get a bit dopey at times, but I don't dislike him at all, and wish him well.

There are better commentators out there, though, so we'll see who replaces him.

I know we always give Goldie shit on here, but he's synonymous with the UFC. Plus once I started hearing about his replacements (Rome, Anik, & AC Slater) it made me think maybe the grass isn't greener.

It's really easy to shit on Goldie but if you actually take a second and think about how much he does each event with all the plugging of Corn Nuts and other random ass products/brands plus play by play and the intros/breakdowns that aren't pre taped, he is a damn workhorse.

Not mention the dudes voice is synonymous with UFC events and to me, at least, he will be sorely missed.

Absolutely.

I have a friend who asks like Goldie is just some no-talent ass clown who never gets anything right. I don't think he understands how hard of a job it is to do.

I've never had a problem with Goldie despite his Goldberg-isms. It's biased Rogan choking on Ronda's labia and sucking off DJ that I can't stand.

Yeah, GOldberg has been there since the real early days, and I respect that. But the dude doesnt know jack shit, alot of commentators dont.

Id like to see someone with some in-depth knowledge either about whats going on outside of the fight, (like interviews and learning new details), or knowledge about striking. But Goldberg always struck me as the guy who just recited what people would say, he never really was original. Never thought through his shit and went with the safe option.

That said , I think the next commentator will probably suck

Ill miss Goldie. He was a goofball, but he loved the sport and I thought he made a great team with Rogan. His enthusiasm was infectious

Peace Goldie. Ill drink to you tonight homie

I totally agree
Yeah there are some guys who are better, but there are a millions guys who suck too
Just look at Joe Warren at Rizin...

Back