Let's say Cain ..

goes on to DOMINATE a 5 round decision against JDS. Takedowns in every round, GNP, the whole shabagabang.

On one hand, you have JDS that knocked out Cain in 60 seconds, and on one hand you have Cain that outclassed JDS for 25 minutes.

Now surely there will be alot of people that will say "Oh so what, JDS actually knocked Cain out, I'd favor him in the third", but what do you REALLY think?

This is what I have believed since day 1, you dominate a fight for a decision is more of statement than KOing someone. But what say you?

Cain cant win he looks like shrek

goes on to DOMINATE a 5 round decision against JDS. Takedowns in every round, GNP, the whole shabagabang.

If this happen i would
1. I'd respect Cain a whole lot more I"d totally start to believe the hype and maybe become a fan.

2.I believe the shoulder was fix and be jealous.. .

3.I would pick him over Reem.:eek:

Depends on the type of domination. Pillow fisted Lay N' Pray isn't as impressive.
With the correlation with real fighting that always hangs in the background, knocking someone out is actually a win. On a street trying to hold someone down will just get you killed...

MMA a sport with many rules and regulations is nothing like an anything goes street fight in which guns, knives, other weapons/people come into play.

If a healthy Cain UDs a healthy Junior without ever getting rocked or in any kind of danger, I would absolutely favor him in a third.

Dominating to a decision is much more impressive than hitting once strike in the fight and KO'ing someone.

There isn't much luck involved in the first scenario, but the second one could have been lucky.

Is Ryan Jimmo better than Anthony Perosh? Probably, but you can't conclude that from a 7-second fight in which nothing really happened.

In other fights sure, but how is it possibly luck when a superior striker with knockout power knocks out a wrestler who lacks striking defense? Especially when he sets it up with a feint that made Cain react. I don't see how you can call that a fluke. What you can say is either that Velasquez chose the wrong gameplan against JDS the first time or that he massively shored up his weaknesses.

On one hand, you have JDS that knocked out Cain in 60 seconds, and on one hand you have Cain that outclassed JDS for 25 minutes.

Now surely there will be alot of people that will say "Oh so what, JDS actually knocked Cain out, I'd favor him in the third", but what do you REALLY think?

This is what I have believed since day 1, you dominate a fight for a decision is more of statement than KOing someone. But what say you?

No. A KO is always a bigger statement. It states that you could actually end the life of your opponent, whereas a dominant decision is not enough proof that you overpower and outclass your foe in absolut terms.

Cain will not dominate JDS. Nice AV btw. "Takedowns in every round" LOL. The gap between Cain and JDS is larger than people realize. I really think he will be stuffed all the way and destroyed.

I think it would be different if cain was winning the first fight early, then JDS came back with a 1 punch ko, after being beat up and it was clearly a lucky punch.

but that's not what happened, JDS stayed out of danger, was completely safe, and oustruck cain, landed a big punch that ko'd him in the process. it was different than ray mercer vs. tim sylvia.

and the domination thing would depend on if it was actual domination or just some lay and pray where cain could do no damage and couldn't finish.

Yea, I guess anyone can go in and ko anyone else, a 5 rd. hard fight is more telling. If that happened, I'd bet on Cain in the 3rd fight. As of now, I think jds is the better fighter.

In my eyes, Cain is a more complete fighter. He lost mostly because of a bad gameplan. If he wins, he has learned from his loss and I would favor him against JDS in the rubber match.

If he loses, JDS is really good at what he does and is a bad matchup for Cain.

i agree. a dominating win is far more telling than a quick ko. lucky punches happen often in mma. cain has this in the bag tbh.

A finish is typically more dominant, but such a quick ko countered by the other fighter completely controlling a 5 round fight does raise a certain amount of questions

I'm so excited for this fight, but I'm also really nervous; JDS has that damn one punch power and he knows how to use it.

In that situation Cains victory would be the mroe telling for me but as things stand now JDS's win doesnt really look "lucky", you have one guy witha histroy of early finishes and another with questionable defence standing.

IF everything goes as you say i would definately admmit Cain is the better fighter and ill favore him in a 3rd match not calling the 1st one a fluke but still i highly doubt this is going to happen.

In one of my older accounts where i was banned i said these 2 gentleman would have a trilogy because of how good they are they just cant run through each other and never fight again (witch JDS did) but looks like Dana White really wants to takeover the Mexican audience so here we have it.

Back