Lets say Cain beats JDS & Overeem beats Bigfoot, Reem VS Cain or Reem vs JDS first?

masterless

Sherdog Veteran
Reaction score
If Cain wins this rematch I highly doubt there would be an instant rubber match for JDS VS Cain III.

I think Overeem would get the nod and fight Cain for the belt when he beats Bigfoot, but Id love to see JDS vs Reem. Especially with the current blood feud brewing.

Thoughts?

No one gets an instant rematch if the fight wasn't close or controversial.

It's pretty clear the UFC wants Reem to fight for the title, that's why they gave him an easy fight with Bigfoot as opposed to a tougher fight with Cormier, Mir or Werdum.

I think UFC wants to make as much money as possible out of this. So there will and should be JDS vs. Overeem then. And the winner will face off against Cain. There has to be a third, decisive fight between JDS and Cain then.

Overeem will earn a title shot if he beats Bigfoot no matter who has the title.

Obviously Cain vs. Reem would happen.

Would love to see Reem stuff Cain's TDs and KO him, especially if Cain beats JDS.

Reem will take the title shot. He won't want to fight JDS if he doesn't have to.

It would have to be Cain vs. Reem. JDS would probably get a top contender like Werdum if he beats Nog. Winner would then get the next shot. Cormier would also be in that mix.

there could absolutely be an instant rematch. epecially if bigfoot somehow beat overeem. if not, anything besides an overeem title fight would make no sense from a business or rankings standpoint. maybe cormier or werdum if he beats nog. overeem is still the big fight here. he's the next best thing to brock as far as marketability

Reem will take the title shot. He won't want to fight JDS if he doesn't have to.

I think he would prefer to fight JDS over Cain. He would rather take his chances on his feet than have to fight off takedowns and possibly fight from his back the entire fight.

Obviously Cain vs. Reem would happen.

Would love to see Reem stuff Cain's TDs and KO him, especially if Cain beats JDS.

i think cain is overeems toughest matchup. a fast, athletic wrestler with good, versatile standup and gas tank for days. if overeem that fought werdum showed up, he'd get murdered

It would be Cain vs Reem. Even Dana seems sick of all of the rematches. Besides, Cain would have to fight someone. You don't want him sitting around. Obviously, injuries could change any of this.

i think cain is overeems toughest matchup. a fast, athletic wrestler with good, versatile standup and gas tank for days. if overeem that fought werdum showed up, he'd get murdered

Reem's cardio can be a problem but remember they're at HW so going five rounds probably wouldn't happen especially if he stops Cain's takedowns early.

I think UFC wants to make as much money as possible out of this. So there will and should be JDS vs. Overeem then. And the winner will face off against Cain. There has to be a third, decisive fight between JDS and Cain then.

And slowly the UFC becomes boxing with its irrelevant rematches and only wanting to make the most money and in the long run the product will suffer.

How many rematches can you have and do we really need a third match between these two so soon if all these things play out.

Reem vs Cain would have to be the next fight to happen and JDS would fight Cormier probably.

JDS might have enough clout to caulk block Reem.

I wouldn't mind him having that clout...

No one gets an instant rematch if the fight wasn't close or controversial.

It's pretty clear the UFC wants Reem to fight for the title, that's why they gave him an easy fight with Bigfoot as opposed to a tougher fight with Cormier, Mir or Werdum.

I agree that Cormier might be a tougher fight than Bigfoot, but neither Mir nor Werdum are tougher. Overeem already beat Werdum, and it was a boring fight due to Werdum's constant flopping to the ground. As to Mir, if we look at how post-hip-surgery Nog nearly put Mir to sleep, it's safe to say Overeem would send Mir to the parallel universe with his uber knees. Mir would be the easiest fight for Overeem.

But Bigfoot isn't an easy fight, though, but Overeem should win this.

Back