Let's not forget Volkanovski should be 1-1 versus Max

It's literally one of the closest fights in MMA history IMO.

I thought Max edged the third by the thinnest of margins. No hate to Volk. The guy is amazing. He doesn't judge his own fights.

Thinking fan base is worse than Conor fans is a miscalculation of this forum, lol.
Tbf mate you are one of the increasingly few normal Max fans mate, imagine starting this thread after such a great fight. The saltiness abounds.

I can't believe how many people drunk Bisping convinced Holloway won the 2nd fight.

<28>

Max won that second fight, but the contest with its 10 point scoring system is debatable. I think Volk won rounds 3-5, but I've only seen the fight once.

It was very close yes, but it's one of those fights when even though it was close it should have had a clear winner, which was Max under any criteria you could imagine, unless you think useless 2 second takedowns net you a 10-8.
Honestly I don't think much of it either way. I just rewatched it tonight... very close + sort of lackluster. Which is why I find it weird that anyone cares particularly strongly. Same reason I never argued about Val vs Nunes 2. Who cares when there is a bunch of 10-10 rounds and not much happened. I got better things to do than to masturbate to stats/argue about counting up all the irrelevant strikes etc.

That being said, I could see 50-48 Max. 1st and 2nd to Max with 10-10s during the rest. But no ref ever gives a 10-10 so who cares.

yeah i agree i thought he won pretty clearly but weve seen worse decisions.

I think Max will run through Yair no problem and we will see a trilogy bout and that should be good. I have nothing against Volk hes a savage obviously

Thinking fan base is worse than Conor fans is a miscalculation of this forum, lol.
Mcgregor fans only show up when he fights and bj oenn fans afe aome random weird pride stans, only fans who make the sport truly weird are the max ones, seems like straight up hate for other fighters. Im sorry i know you like the guy and so does i ,( max is a great guy) but his fan base is awful

Volk inarguably won the first fight tho

Holloway shouldn't have gotten the immediate rematch in the first place oh, and he is easily my favorite featherweight

Well, I would actually say that Conrad's fanbase could be considered retarded therefore disqualifying his fanbase from the convo due to disability.

I can almost guarantee they wouldn't have given Volk a rematch had that happened. They gave Max an instant rematch despite clearly losing the first fight because he was a fan favorite. They wouldn't risk him losing the belt again with a trilogy lol.

Yep. Max is great and the organisation loves him.
The UFC doesn't love Volk so much- I guess he comes from a smaller country and didn't used to do much by the way of building fights with talk until recently.

This fight should lift the Volkano to another level though, I'm sure he won a lot of fans.

Back