Lets not forget Nate has no power and only thing going for him is durability

I think nate's gonna hurt him with punches and finish with a choke, like kz did back in the day. WAR DIAZ!!

I feel like Nate just wants to get paid... I don't think he cares if he loses...

I cannot see him beating Poirier at all, who doesnt get tired

Right.. Nate's side stance boxing is garbage, he never KOd a hard-to-put-away Gray Maynard, his clinch game is weak, and he only flops around like a dying fish when the fight hits the mat. Durability is the only thing he has going for him.

So Conor got rocked badly and was forced to panic wrestle because a guy with no power hit him with a 60% power volume punch?

Has Porier accepted this? There is like no point, he should be getting title shot after conor khabib fight.
Also Nate didnt deserve this fight, let him bang with Mike Vick or someone like that.

He's effectively one of the better boxers in the division and has a black belt. I'm not sure if he's technically sound, but his boxing gets results (ask Cerrone or Johnson).

Poirier has good hands but mainly straight punches. Diaz has a wider arsenal of punches. They both take a lot of hits.

Nate gets ragged on because people try to diminish Conor’s win. This guy holds wins over Guillard, Cerrone, Miller, Johnson and McGregor in their primes.

Johnson and McGregor having KTFO Poirier.

He's effectively one of the better boxers in the division and has a black belt. I'm not sure if he's technically sound, but his boxing gets results (ask Cerrone or Johnson).

Amir Khan has stated that the Diaz’s have some of the best boxing in MMA and that he has personally seen Nate best a boxing champ during sparring.

Andre Ward, one of the best boxers of all time, hires the Diaz’s as sparring partners. Boxers on his level don’t bring in scrubs to spar with.

But of course, Sherdoggers know better than professionals.

Last edited:
Poirier is a much better fighter, he will leg kick Nate to death and beat him up. Poirier has good takedowns too when he actually bothers to use them. if guys like Gray Maynard and Clay Guida can give Nate an ass whopping then Poirier sure as hell can
But Conor beat poirier easily and Nate finished Conor and barely lost a majority decision

Better BJJ, better boxing, better cardio, better at range fighting. Definitely underestimating Nate. He rarely ever loses stand up fights. You have to LnP him to beat him 99% of the time.
Yep. Connor is the only one who has ever put a striking clinic on Nate.

It boggles my mind how anyone sane can even have the nerve to discredit Conor for the Nate fights - or downplay just how special Conor's DOMINATING STAND UP WIN over Nate was while being much smaller @ifindgifsforjackslack

Last edited:
When has Nate ever lost a stand up battle aside from Thompson and arguably Conor?

Lol at "arguably Conor"

There was nothing "arguable" about this

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

Conor put a massacre striking/boxin clinic on Nate.

You don't need to lie to make Nate seem better

Don't downplay that and disrespect Conor's Immaculate skills and fight IQ.

The irony is that it was Thompson who was wrestling the majority of the fight and then landed a high kick. There's only an "arguable" for Thompson (aside from the finish)

Conor is the only one in history who's ever put a striking clinic on Nate - or who has ever outboxed Nate

It's just a testament to Conor's GOATness

Nate absolutely has the boxing advantage over Poirier.

No power? Clearly you haven't watched his fights... He doesn't KO you with one punch, instead he hits you with 50. Because he has endless cardio, his shots don't taper off in terms of strength.

As I recall, he had Conor doing the stanky leg with his lack of power...

This is what its going to look like,,,

e0kajpG.gif

At no point did Nate ever have Conor seriously hurt. He had Conor "buzzed" for sure but no where close to the point Conor was ever on the verge of being stopped.

Conor lost 100% due to exhaustion. Conor corrected that in the rematch and outclassed Nate over 5 rounds just 5 months later

That's not a fair assessment of Nate's skills. He is extremely durable, but he also pushes a high pace, has excellent cardio, has a very high output, and has a very sneaky ground game that he has caught a lot of good fighters with. He's not an easy fight for anyone.

Back