Lets not forget Nate has no power and only thing going for him is durability

If it's a 5 round fight, Nate takes it....a 3 round, as a Nate fan worries me a bit. I'm assuming it's going to be the main event of whatever card it's on.

This one is really simple for me. Poirier would win a three round fight. Diaz would win a five round fight. But of course if Poirier choses to stand with Nate, instead of exploiting Nate's weaknesses, he gets beat to a pulp.
You son of bitch!

Dustin can win with a disciplined game plan. If he plays Nate's game it will not go well. Ring rust will be the biggest x factor in the fight.

Dustin by TKO

Nate was never that good and is mostly retired now. I doubt he looks close to his best, and Dustin has never been better

If it's a 5 round fight, Nate takes it....a 3 round, as a Nate fan worries me a bit. I'm assuming it's going to be the main event of whatever card it's on.
I saw that it may be on the MSG card so i can't imagine it headlines there

I cannot see him beating Poirier at all, who doesnt get tired
Has no power? He is a volume striker. Yeah he does not throw 100% punches with every swing, but he mixes in some strong punches with his flurry of 60% punches. He caught Mcgregor with one in their first fight and ended up making him tap shortly after

I beat Nate on EA sports UFC 3, so I will send my game plan to Poirier.

If Nate comes in and wants to stand and bang that will be a huge mistake for him. He will need to get it to the mat. If this is the headliner and is scheduled for 5 then the deeper it goes it favors Nate.

Let's not forget it's easy to get into Poriers head.

This fight looks exactly like Nate vs Cowboy.
Watch.

Nate will bait him into a slugfest and beat him with volume.
I was starting to think I was the only one that sees it going this way.

Poirier is a much better fighter, he will leg kick Nate to death and beat him up. Poirier has good takedowns too when he actually bothers to use them. if guys like Gray Maynard and Clay Guida can give Nate an ass whopping then Poirier sure as hell can

Gray Maynard beat Frankie Edgar and drew with him once and what happened to Maynard in his second fight with Diaz? Oh right, he got ktfo. Diaz broke Cowboy mentally in 2 rounds if we're going to pull from fight history. Poirier has definitely improved a hell of a lot and seems to be much more patient and calculating than before, especially in his last fight with Alvarez. He did get lucky break with Eddie throwing that stupid elbow. It could go either way with Diaz and no guy has a clear advantage over the other. People tend to forget Diaz has an iron chin and has only been ko'd by a flush Josh Thompson head kick and Diaz still wasn't completely out.

I cannot see him beating Poirier at all, who doesnt get tired

No power? Clearly you haven't watched his fights... He doesn't KO you with one punch, instead he hits you with 50. Because he has endless cardio, his shots don't taper off in terms of strength.

As I recall, he had Conor doing the stanky leg with his lack of power...

This is what its going to look like,,,

e0kajpG.gif

If Nate comes in killer shape like he did against Michael Johnson, he will wear Porier down and tko or sub him.

Because of his 2 fights with CM, somehow Nate has gotten this reputation as a big-time fighter. But, people forget that before that he was pretty much middle of the pack at 155. He has some good wins and also some bad losses. He's 9-9 in his last 18 fights for crying out loud! Quit making this guy out to be a world beater. Poirier wins this easily IMO.

If it’s a five round fight, I’d bet on Nate.

Dustin has a lot of momentum and is the better skilled fighter.

Diaz’s durability is literally his best weapon. Dusting drops him in the first and Nates best chances are late when Dustins fist are tired of bouncing off Diaz’s forehead.

Back