Lets not forget Nate has no power and only thing going for him is durability

I think Poirier is the better fighter here, But I also think that Nate is a bad match up for Dustin.

I would probably put some $ on Nate, but ring rust can be a B*tch.

jGMUxy2.gif

I wouldn't take my chances in a boxing match if I was Dustin

Leg kicks and clinches, if not sparse take down attempts, are necessary if I'm his coach

Dustin fights smart he wins this fight going away.

Get in a point match on the feet and he may find himself on the wrong side of a decision.

Nate is a gate keeper at best all the fools jsut hype him cause he beat connie.

Poirier is a much better fighter, he will leg kick Nate to death and beat him up. Poirier has good takedowns too when he actually bothers to use them. if guys like Gray Maynard and Clay Guida can give Nate an ass whopping then Poirier sure as hell can

The salty Diaz haters are coming out again. Diaz has rocked plenty of guys including McGregor, Cerrone, Gomi, Maynard.

If he beats Poirier I can't wait to here all of your excuses.

Im a Dustin fan but nates's gonna hit him a ton. He's gonna put the volume on Dustin like we've seen him put it on Cerrone & Johnson.

Let's not forget it's easy to get into Poriers head.

This fight looks exactly like Nate vs Cowboy.
Watch.

Nate will bait him into a slugfest and beat him with volume.

Better BJJ, better boxing, better cardio, better at range fighting. Definitely underestimating Nate. He rarely ever loses stand up fights. You have to LnP him to beat him 99% of the time.

Poirier is a much better fighter, he will leg kick Nate to death and beat him up. Poirier has good takedowns too when he actually bothers to use them. if guys like Gray Maynard and Clay Guida can give Nate an ass whopping then Poirier sure as hell can

Nate is 2-1 (split decision that many thought Diaz won) vs Gray and Clay also got a split dec vs Nate and that was 9 years ago. Poirier really needs to kick that leg to get a win here (just like with anyone who beats Diaz).

I stopped reading this thread when someone mentioned Dustin is a better boxer than Nate, lunatics.

People shouldnt disregard Nate, he has a good game and in some apsects he is elite. He has great submissions and good boxing, durability and pace. Some people on here dont know how to judge a talent the only thing they see is wins and loses but there is a reason people fight the Diaz bros in a certain way, because if you come to fight it will be a hard night for you, the gameplan is to legkick and flee or wrestle them but Porior is not a great wrestler. Porior is composed but when he gets hit he sometimes fights with a lot of risk, which is dangerous against Nate. I think Porior will fight smart and probably win but i think its a close fight depending how the fight is fought.

This one is really simple for me. Poirier would win a three round fight. Diaz would win a five round fight. But of course if Poirier choses to stand with Nate, instead of exploiting Nate's weaknesses, he gets beat to a pulp.

Back