lets look at the facts

Since Jon Jones has become champion he's fought nobody other than the number 1 contender over and over again apart from the short notice fight against Chael. His one loss is by DQ from illegal elbows.

Now lets look at Khabib. Only has 3 fights against opponents who were top 5 at the time of the fight. And he won the title against Al. Jon won the title by putting away Shogun and being the youngest champ of all time. Granted Jones is a POS, obviously. But he is without a doubt the GOAT and its not even close. Khabib hasnt even past GSP or Anderson let alone Jones.

His last two were absolutly terrible fights, so much so that he ran away to the easiest division of them all lol
Clean Jon Jones loses his fights. PEDs Jon get caught because he's a dumbass.

There 2 versions of JBJ

Rocked fuel jones is the Goat

Clean Jones is as good as Thiago Santos!
Usada Jonny 2-0
Also vaccating the belt and running from Reyes n Izy is a true GOAT MOVE
Facts dont lie!!

Since Jon Jones has become champion he's fought nobody other than the number 1 contender over and over again apart from the short notice fight against Chael. His one loss is by DQ from illegal elbows.

Now lets look at Khabib. Only has 3 fights against opponents who were top 5 at the time of the fight. And he won the title against Al. Jon won the title by putting away Shogun and being the youngest champ of all time. Granted Jones is a POS, obviously. But he is without a doubt the GOAT and its not even close. Khabib hasnt even past GSP or Anderson let alone Jones.

OSP wasnt the #1 contender. He was barely a top 10 LHW and was always mediocre. Neither was Lyoto or Vitor. Lyoto was barely top 5 if that (Bones, Shogun, Hendo, Rampage were def higher) and was 1-2 in his last 3 shouldve been 1-3 in his last 4 if he wasnt awarded the biggest robbery ever in a title fight. The lone win against an ancient Randy Couture in his retirement fight.

LW is a far superior division and Khabib has been far more dominant.

Bones has 1 finish in the last 7 years to Gus in the rematch and he was pulsing and on steroids so they had to move the fight from Vegas to LA on fight week since Nevada wouldnt sanction him.

Bones lost many rounds and had many disputed decisions many didnt score for him (Gus I, Santos, Reyes). He was only a finisher when he was fighting fat MWs/washed up LHWs from the past era.

Against his own era when he wasnt pulsing or on steroids (Bader, Hashad, Gus I, DC I, Glover, OSP, Santos, Reyes, Smith) he wasnt anywhere near as dominant as the true GOATs and only finished Bader clean.

We should appreciate both Khabib and Jones for what they did in the ring really, instead of all this chitter chatter about whether who is the #1 goat or whether Jones is a drug cheat so he's invalid for GOAT yada yada.

Jones for his unique talents and ability to finish opponents in creative and unorthodox ways during his early part of the title run, and Khabib for his relentless grappling and pressure that he exudes.

Khabib was more interesting though since a grappler thriving in a division full of well-rounded fighters and strikers is more eye-catching compared to a well-rounder fighter who has height and reach advantages compared to his opponents.

Btw in a p4p match, would a Weidman sized Khabib pull a guaranteed win against the best version of Jon Jones or does he end up like Cormier?

OSP wasnt the #1 contender. He was barely a top 10 LHW and was always mediocre. Neither was Lyoto or Vitor. Lyoto was barely top 5 if that (Bones, Shogun, Hendo, Rampage were def higher) and was 1-2 in his last 3 shouldve been 1-3 in his last 4 if he wasnt awarded the biggest robbery ever in a title fight. The lone win against an ancient Randy Couture in his retirement fight.

LW is a far superior division and Khabib has been far more dominant.

Bones has 1 finish in the last 7 years to Gus in the rematch and he was pulsing and on steroids so they had to move the fight from Vegas to LA on fight week since Nevada wouldnt sanction him.

Bones lost many rounds and had many disputed decisions many didnt score for him (Gus I, Santos, Reyes). He was only a finisher when he was fighting fat MWs/washed up LHWs from the past era.

Against his own era when he wasnt pulsing or on steroids (Bader, Hashad, Gus I, DC I, Glover, OSP, Santos, Reyes, Smith) he was nowhere near as dominant as the true GOATs.
all of the times he fought someone other than the number 1 contender there was an obvious reason why

Let's look at the facts. Jone's "defenses" include people irrelevant at LHW, like Sonnen, Vitor, Smith, OSP, as well as three fights he arguably lost.
yep.

but also...........

DC(another champ champ and rightful GOAT contender himself) x2. Knocked him out and decisioned him. One of the biggest wins ever.
Prime Machida. ended him with ease.
Prime Rashad who was 17-1-1, had only ever lost to..........Machida. dominated him.
Primish Shogun. one of the most impressive and flawless title wins/worse beatdowns in history.
Undefeated Bader. finished him easily.
Rampage(former champ, legend). absolutely dominated.
TrTor(former champ, legend) finished him easily.

so yea....it just looks stupid when you only point out his lesser quality wins as if they invalidate his top tier wins. Khabib has 2 great wins. Conor and Gaethje. Thats it.

also cant help but mention Jon Jones makes lhw extremely easily while Khabib nearly kills himself to make LW.

if you want to discredit Jon for PEDS thats fine, cant argue against that. but his resume and Khabibs really arent comparable. at all.

Sure. TS isn't wrong here. Khabibi still pretty fuckin' good though. <BC1>

With khabib though we can say he's only officially lost 2 rounds in his 29 fights career and has never bled or even really been bruised. Many claim Jon lost the Gus, Santos and Reyes fights. I'd have Jon over Khabib as a goat contender but khabib is for sure the #1 p4p right now, retired or not.

99% agree.
For me, GSP is the GOAT but in principle you are correct.
But let's just agree to disagree for the top spot...your point stands.

yep.

but also...........

DC(another champ champ and rightful GOAT contender himself) x2. Knocked him out and decisioned him. One of the biggest wins ever.
Prime Machida. ended him with ease.
Prime Rashad who was 17-1-1, had only ever lost to..........Machida. dominated him.
Primish Shogun. one of the most impressive and flawless title wins/worse beatdowns in history.
Undefeated Bader. finished him easily.
Rampage(former champ, legend). absolutely dominated.
TrTor(former champ, legend) finished him easily.

so yea....it just looks stupid when you only point out his lesser quality wins as if they invalidate his top tier wins. Khabib has 2 great wins. Conor and Gaethje. Thats it.

also cant help but mention Jon Jones makes lhw extremely easily while Khabib nearly kills himself to make LW.

if you want to discredit Jon for PEDS thats fine, cant argue against that. but his resume and Khabibs really arent comparable. at all.
-Jon decisioned DC once. Soon after popped and was stripped. Second fight was NC, again due to roids. Nothing big about it when he was clearly juiced out of his mind.
-Machida coming off one win over Randy.
-Shogun was not a title defense, hence irrelivant to the conversation.
-Rampage was on the decline.
-Vitor was irrelivant at LHW.

What looks stupid is your inability to read the post you replied to.

Yeah no shit Jones has a much deeper resume than Khabib. My point was it is full of crap fights and eeked out wins as well. Masturbating to his title defense numbers means nothing.

And the entire thing has a giant asterisk due to his cheating.

Its a shame Khabib is retiring, he was only 32 last month and has barely taken any damage at all, he has so many years left in him and is nowhere near done. He may be able to get close to Jones title defenses and others. But I understand he promised his mom.

Let's talk about steroids.

And?....whats your Pico..I mean point

You're just a khabib nuthugger.

Fact is jones has tested positive over and over again in his career, khabib has yet to do it once. And now hes retiring without testing positive at all?

How embarrassing..

Let's look at the facts. Jone's "defenses" include people irrelevant at LHW, like Sonnen, Vitor, Smith, OSP, as well as three fights he arguably lost.

This!

He was goat pre-OSP and pre-BS, but after Thiago fight that he lost in the eyes of many, he needed to come out and destroy Reyes. Thats what a goat would do, isn’t it? Did he do it?

its not even close. jones has more title defenses than khabib has fights in the ufc.
its all hype.

jones has been in the ufc long enough for me to like him, not like him, then start to like him again.

khabib has only made it as far as, like, then not like. he was starting to grow on me again.

too bad he quit.

most likely because his fans were getting weird.

Every champ has some "undeserving" contenders if they last long enough. You fight whatever the best option available at the time is.

Back