Let's give credit where credit's due: Peahead was the only guy to put Khabib in a bad spot

Anything and everything to avoid the fact that Conor actually factually won a round off Khabib eh?

That's cool. They both lost vs Khabib, and Conor beat Poirier. Maybe this isn't the best way of belittling "Conrad"?
why do you dick riders get triggered everytime someone around here calls him Conrad? that's the first thing i anticipated after reading that guy's post. funny enough a couple posts later i see a triggered dick rider

And he did it twice.

I'm a big Khabib fan but I must admit he was definitely rocked and wobbly after that overhand left by Dustin. Unfortunately for him he got overexcited and started brawling whilst Khabib, even though rocked, defended very well and got away from almost everything that Dustin was throwing, maybe got hit a few times but was rolling with the punches. I feel that in this same spot, probably, Conor would have done better: once he has you hurt he's like a sniper and doesn't go on a rampage.Problem with Conor is he doesn't go for the overhand and his straight left is not powerful enough to hurt Khabib. Maybe a hook could do it, who knows?

The guillottine was razor close. Of course none of uf can say how close khabib was to being choked out but he himself said it was quite close. So, there you are.

I'm so excited for the Khabib tony fight. I hope Khaib ends it early or things might get bloody
Recently discovered how Poirier is actually right handed! How cool is that? Also, makes you doubt that power because he landed that right on Khabib 30sec into the 2nd and even if Dagi felt it, it still ain't enough...

Last edited:
OtgFBzv.gif

that punch barely touched kabib and kabib was on wobbly legs. easy win for tony

that punch barely touched kabib and kabib was on wobbly legs. easy win for tony
yeah first time I see this angle so nice post, Gif sender! they all hit like flyweights there though

He definitely was, his ankle rolls and knees slightly dip/ buckle. He got clipped on the temple and momentarily lost his equilibrium but did everything right after to give himself the chance to recover without getting hit again while vulnerable.

You can tell he was hurt best by his reaction to the next exchange when Dustin lands another good shot and Khabib wants nothing to do with engaging in anymore stand up.
and this is the reason that no one is unbeatable.

anyone can get clipped and lose balance, and get either submitted or pounded out.

the more you fight the more likely it is to happen.

see matt sera vs gsp 1 it happens.

The guillotine was nice but not enough to hide the fact that his overall performance was pitiful.

He got hit sure, maybe stunned for a second, but he wasn't rocked. He got out of there because Dustin was swinging bombs at him. Once he got some separation he re-engaged and looked completely fine, which is less than 10 seconds after Dustin landed that shot. He was fine. From my viewing anyway. shrug.
Fair enough but that's exactly what temple shots do, you're still completely aware and coherent but your equilibrium is disrupted for anywhere from a split second ( the case here) to several seconds (think Fedor/ Fujita or Maldonado) causing your limbs to involuntarily turn to jelly.

I guess technically you're right, he wasn't "rocked/ hurt" but he was certainly compromised momentarily. Also in my original response I stated he did everything perfectly to create the time and space he needed to recover but I'm not sure I stand by that statement.

Going strictly off memory here if I recall correctly he backed straight out to escape (though doing a good job of covering up to avoid any follow up) which I can't in good conscious refer to as "perfect" since you should never back up in a straight line, especially when doing so results in you up against the fence which is basically the MMA equivalent of trapping yourself in the corner (Vitor/ Wand and Baroni/ Menne are great examples of the dangers of this).

You should always pivot or circle out laterally when escaping danger, backing up in a straight line is a cardinal sin, lol.

and this is the reason that no one is unbeatable.

anyone can get clipped and lose balance, and get either submitted or pounded out.

the more you fight the more likely it is to happen.

see matt sera vs gsp 1 it happens.
Very true, unless your name is Floyd Mayweather anyway, honorable mentions going too Rocky Marciano and Joe Calzaghe but they only fought for 8 and 14 years respectively and retired much younger. Plus Floyd ended his career by winning 26 straight title fights which is an unprecedented and amazing accomplishment.

Back