Let's give credit where credit's due: Peahead was the only guy to put Khabib in a bad spot

And? A win is a win, right? And who were close to win - yes, Tibau WON that fight http://mmadecisions.com/decision/3577/fight - was Tibau, not Dustin. Dustin lost by humiliation, Tibau survived until the last round and won the fight, including beating the main Khabib weapon: wrestling exchanges. And this is not even debatable.
No, it's not the same since Tibau "won" the fight (very debatable) by decision when this thread is praising Dustin for putting Khabib in a "bad spot" (threat of being finished) which Gleison never did and on paper also never won, though I personally thought he did live which is the 1 and only time I watched the fight.

He definitely was, his ankle rolls and knees slightly dip/ buckle. He got clipped on the temple and momentarily lost his equilibrium but did everything right after to give himself the chance to recover without getting hit again while vulnerable.

You can tell he was hurt best by his reaction to the next exchange when Dustin lands another good shot and Khabib wants nothing to do with engaging in anymore stand up.

Khabib was never rocked or even wobbled, you are seeing what you want to see, not what happend. Dustin also said that Khabib had a great poker face he knows how to compose himself. I bet you didnt see the moment when Khabib did stop Dustin in his tracks while running backwards. Khabib got tagged but never was in any danger.

It was a 30-27 victory for Khabib, it wasn’t even a split decision lol. Every judge saw it 30-27. Tibau did nothing.
Did you see that way? I understand. I will watch it again to be more honest of my impressions, I only remember the fight in general. And also the specialized media that gave the win for Tibau.

No, it's not the same since Tibau "won" the fight (very debatable) by decision when this thread is praising Dustin for putting Khabib in a "bad spot" (threat of being finished) which Gleison never did and on paper also never won, though I personally thought he did live which is the 1 and only time I watched the fight.
I'll watch it again to be more honest. I watched maybe 2 times, live and replay after, but it was a long time ago.

Khabib was never rocked or even wobbled, you are seeing what you want to see, not what happend. Dustin also said that Khabib had a great poker face he knows how to compose himself. I bet you didnt see the moment when Khabib did stop Dustin in his tracks while running backwards. Khabib got tagged but never was in any danger.
Man I'm a Khabib fan and wanted him to win but video doesn't lie, watch his legs man, an ankle only roles like that when you lose your equilibrium.

Regardless though this debate is obviously pointless and I'm going to bed, cheers, have a good night.

It’s hard to say. Khabib felt the punch was never really in any trouble from that.

The guillotine was a good attempt, you would like to think that gives Ferguson a shot but as a poster above alluded to, I don’t really think Khabib had any respect for Poirier.

I may be in the majority and I am by no means a big Conor fan but I’d like to see them run it back. Provided he beats Gaethje (at 55 or 70 they are the same size)

And he did it twice.

I'm a big Khabib fan but I must admit he was definitely rocked and wobbly after that overhand left by Dustin. Unfortunately for him he got overexcited and started brawling whilst Khabib, even though rocked, defended very well and got away from almost everything that Dustin was throwing, maybe got hit a few times but was rolling with the punches. I feel that in this same spot, probably, Conor would have done better: once he has you hurt he's like a sniper and doesn't go on a rampage.Problem with Conor is he doesn't go for the overhand and his straight left is not powerful enough to hurt Khabib. Maybe a hook could do it, who knows?

The guillottine was razor close. Of course none of uf can say how close khabib was to being choked out but he himself said it was quite close. So, there you are.

I'm so excited for the Khabib tony fight. I hope Khaib ends it early or things might get bloody

Tibau won.

Dustin bit down and started swinging for the bleachers at one point but Khabib scuttled out of there. Conor had him scuttling back at one point too but neither put him in trouble with those efforts.
Dustin got a good squeeze on the guillotine but very quickly we could all see it wasn't enough under the chin and Khabib was comfortable defending.
Gleeson won round two IMO but in no way won that fight. It was a terrible performance from both fighters. They cancelled each other out neither were in trouble at any stage. But Khabib clearly won it with forward pressure.
IMO It is still MJ who has come the closest to putting Khabib in trouble. He gave him a couple of hard cracks that stopped Khabib in his tracks. I think it was MJs speed that stunned Khabib for a moment.

Still think that to beat Khabib you have to back him up with strikes before he shoots. Can Tony do it?

/
Watch it again. Khabib was not rocked or wobbly. The more interesting take from the Poirier fight is Dustin grabbing that front choke, cause if Tony can grab that he might be able to finish the fight. Forget about Conor, he's never beating Khabib.
khabib blocked those punches with his hand and was not hurt once

He definitely was, his ankle rolls and knees slightly dip/ buckle. He got clipped on the temple and momentarily lost his equilibrium but did everything right after to give himself the chance to recover without getting hit again while vulnerable.

You can tell he was hurt best by his reaction to the next exchange when Dustin lands another good shot and Khabib wants nothing to do with engaging in anymore stand up.
He got hit sure, maybe stunned for a second, but he wasn't rocked. He got out of there because Dustin was swinging bombs at him. Once he got some separation he re-engaged and looked completely fine, which is less than 10 seconds after Dustin landed that shot. He was fine. From my viewing anyway. shrug.

Let’s get one thing straight if it’s a “tight guillotine” you’d be out in like 6 seconds because the blood flow would be cut off from your head. Khabib was in it for a while which means it wasn’t locked up that deep

Did you see that way? I understand. I will watch it again to be more honest of my impressions, I only remember the fight in general. And also the specialized media that gave the win for Tibau.

I'll watch it again to be more honest. I watched maybe 2 times, live and replay after, but it was a long time ago.

yes because he was the one pressing the action. It wasn’t a great fight, both cancelled each other out, but Khabib was the one applying the pressure during the fight.

And he did it twice.

I'm a big Khabib fan but I must admit he was definitely rocked and wobbly after that overhand left by Dustin. Unfortunately for him he got overexcited and started brawling whilst Khabib, even though rocked, defended very well and got away from almost everything that Dustin was throwing, maybe got hit a few times but was rolling with the punches. I feel that in this same spot, probably, Conor would have done better: once he has you hurt he's like a sniper and doesn't go on a rampage.Problem with Conor is he doesn't go for the overhand and his straight left is not powerful enough to hurt Khabib. Maybe a hook could do it, who knows?

The guillottine was razor close. Of course none of uf can say how close khabib was to being choked out but he himself said it was quite close. So, there you are.

I'm so excited for the Khabib tony fight. I hope Khaib ends it early or things might get bloody
Hard to disagree -- sure Tibau did well against a less experienced Khabib, but he wasn't close to finishing him at any point of that fight. It's pretty impressive how much Khabib's game has improved on the ground. His top game has gotten much better to the point where he doesn't have to spam takedowns like he used to do (which was very impressive itself).

OtgFBzv.gif

Back