Let's give credit where credit's due: Peahead was the only guy to put Khabib in a bad spot

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Kaiserjuan, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Kaiserjuan Green Belt

And he did it twice.

I'm a big Khabib fan but I must admit he was definitely rocked and wobbly after that overhand left by Dustin. Unfortunately for him he got overexcited and started brawling whilst Khabib, even though rocked, defended very well and got away from almost everything that Dustin was throwing, maybe got hit a few times but was rolling with the punches. I feel that in this same spot, probably, Conor would have done better: once he has you hurt he's like a sniper and doesn't go on a rampage.Problem with Conor is he doesn't go for the overhand and his straight left is not powerful enough to hurt Khabib. Maybe a hook could do it, who knows?

The guillottine was razor close. Of course none of uf can say how close khabib was to being choked out but he himself said it was quite close. So, there you are.

I'm so excited for the Khabib tony fight. I hope Khaib ends it early or things might get bloody

2. chairman11 Orange Belt

You didn't watch the Gleison Tibau fight then I guess.

3. Reydereyes Purple Belt

Conrad was actually in the same spot, and couldn't do jack shit about it besides getting knocked down and then subbed.

4. PulsingJones Green Belt

Tibau was held against the cage most of the fight, Khabib wasn't in trouble per say as the fight itself was uneventful. Roided Tibau took Khabib down but but Khabib got right back up.

5. dildos Steel Belt

people thought mj nearly koed khabib.

fucking lol at thinking that.

6. Andreh Yellow Card Yellow Card

This. Gleison, although his limitations as a fighter, was the best against Khabib because of the game. Strong and very good wrestling.

7. Sinthesized Black Belt

Amazing what a strong grappling background combined with copious amounts of steroids can do for a guy

8. boeing747 Banned Banned

Khabib was never in trouble against Peahead

Watch replays of the right hook and you'll see it bounced off Khabib's glove

The first guillotine was tight but no one will ever guillotine Khabib

9. loisestrad Gold Belt Platinum Member

That's cool. They both lost vs Khabib, and Conor beat Poirier. Maybe this isn't the best way of belittling "Conrad"?

10. Guy LeDouche Brown Belt

It’s a fight, people get hit.
    You make it sound like just because he took a hard punch he was on ice skates.

11. Andreh Yellow Card Yellow Card

Well, if you are naive enough to believe that only because he got caught he is the only one on juice, I can only regret for you. Be stupid is an option for everyone, no worries.

12. Sinthesized Black Belt

What exactly are you trying to say? Who is on steroids? Name some fighters, jr

13. Dana's Moonface Silver Belt

It's a strange one

Conor did defend better and won a round (can't ignore the cheating)_

However, Khabib did not ONCE look in any bother against Conor

Though in Conor's defence, Khabib had his game face on from the opening bell and worked HARD to keep Conor out of the fight from the beginning.

I don't think he had any such respect for with Dustins skills, which is most likely why he was buzzed

Conor IS a better fighter than Dustin and that is a clear fact

We have to be honest in rating guys abilities and in no way shape or form, would I make Dustin favourite if he were to face off with Conor again

14. boladiQup Purple Belt

in the same spot? when did he go for a guillotine? and when in any fight ever has anyone who was attempting a guillotine been dropped with a punch?

<36>

15. daltonames Black Belt

Watch it again. Khabib was not rocked or wobbly. The more interesting take from the Poirier fight is Dustin grabbing that front choke, cause if Tony can grab that he might be able to finish the fight. Forget about Conor, he's never beating Khabib.

16. boss429 BowtieA$$a$$in

Tibau had a chance of winning an uneventful decision, Dustin had Khabib facing real danger and potentially fight ending adversity.

they are not the same thing.

17. daltonames Black Belt

I think he meant same spot as in Conor had his shot at Khabib, he didn't land anything as solid as Dustin's shot and Khabib stood with Conor the whole 3rd round.

18. boss429 BowtieA$$a$$in

He definitely was, his ankle rolls and knees slightly dip/ buckle. He got clipped on the temple and momentarily lost his equilibrium but did everything right after to give himself the chance to recover without getting hit again while vulnerable.

You can tell he was hurt best by his reaction to the next exchange when Dustin lands another good shot and Khabib wants nothing to do with engaging in anymore stand up.

19. Andreh Yellow Card Yellow Card

And? A win is a win, right? And who were close to win - yes, Tibau WON that fight http://mmadecisions.com/decision/3577/fight - was Tibau, not Dustin. Dustin lost by humiliation, Tibau survived until the last round and won the fight, including beating the main Khabib weapon: wrestling exchanges. And this is not even debatable.

20. Pakman Steel Belt

It was a 30-27 victory for Khabib, it wasn’t even a split decision lol. Every judge saw it 30-27. Tibau did nothing.