Lets give credit to Ronda, this was a tough tune up fight

Ar145984

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1 year after getting KO'd badly and having a mental breakdown to fight her? Embarrasing performance but credit to her to show up. I know Cruz did it, but Cruz never lost.

You can hate her or love her, but give her that respect. Even well paid boxers would have taken really weak tune up fights first

Can't fault her for trying. She desperately needs to switch camps if she plans to do anything else in her MMA career. 135 has passed her by in the blink of an eye.

Just goes to show her arrogance. She should have taken a tune up fight.

how about forget that shit.
ronda bullied as champ, used clout to get an undeserved shot at the title meanwhile giving no respect to her division.
to me it played out as it should have and the sun has finally set on the soccer mom slayer.

She needs a new coach and a mindset. Carry yourself like a champ win or lose and it's all good. But she's shown when the going get's tough she has problems handling it.

When Connor lost he gave Nate credit and said I will learn from this and he did. Ronda went Ellen and for some reason people were applauding when she said "i lost but I choose to be undefeated."

What? it's only a real L if you don't learn anything from it. IF she picks up some decent boxing she can still be unstoppeable.

Hopefully she'll just run into the sunset with her purple pillow

She reminds me a bit of Matt Hughes, she has one trick and was very good at it, but the division passed him by in the blink of an eye.

Also a little of Frank Mir... loves fighting only when winning. And this isn't a knock, during my very brief stint as an amateur, I discovered I was exactly the same.

Needs to do a trilogy with Bethe to tighten her game up a little

Not a tuneup fight, a retirement fight. If she's serious about fighting again she needs to drop Edmond and train with a legit team.

Shes too mentally unstable. She probably would have lost to any of the decent 135ers, let alone a beast like Nunes

I was watching with two people who were watching MMA for the first time. When I gave a little background on Ronda they said the same thing. They both asked if maybe she should have taken an easier first fight back

You would think the "GOAT, Special Creature, Once in a Lifetime Athlete" would have had no problem coming back and winning that fight.

I remember saying that she was the female Royce Gracie a couple of years ago and got starched for it. Once the striking and skill set in WMMA improved I knew her days would have been numbered.

She looked like she had never fought in her life in there. Literally like a random person off the street.

I don't think I've ever seen such a dramatic fall from grace. I think she is a talented fighter, but she seems to be regressing at an exponential pace, especially her ability to do anything effective standing.

No, she could have had any fight she wanted, and didn't even have to do press. Fuck. Her. Bye Felicia!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back