Let's get racist

Well I clearly said that SOME sports offer inherent advantages to certain races. My whole point, which you seem to either be missing or ignoring, is that no such physical disadvantage exists in grappling, wrestling, or bjj- for this race for this sport. So for wrestling, I would expect the ratio of black competitors to be roughly in line with the ration of black champions. In wrestling, I do not think the participation is a reflection of the population, because it is still a somewhat "white" particiaption sport- because of culture though, not because of inherent advantages. In pewee basketball, you see a lot of white kids. You don't see a lot of black pewee wrestlers. In some white dominated sports (tennis or downhill skiing, for example) there is either no advantage, or the advantage would be with more traditionally explosive race (tennis with all the cutting and changing direction and sprinting for sure).

An imperceptible difference in upper body strength would have little to no effect on bjj competition or wrestling. In fact, the fast twitch explosion that blacks are more often naturally blessed with should be more beneficial than upper body strength. It is not like black guys are just sooo much weaker than white guys on the whole (like I said, I am assuming everything you say is true).

Basically, I demur. Even if all you say is true, it doesnt explain the lack of involvement by blacks.

I guess the lack of black nascar drivers is attributable to some superior caucasion trait as well. Some things are cultural, this (bjj) is one of them.

First, you were the one that took from my comments that blacks do not do well in grappling because whites have naturally stronger upper bodies. I did not claim that is why they do better.

Tennis is dominated by whites because most whites dominate throwing sports because as i said they have more natural upper body strength. Thus more whites are pitchers in baseball, catchers, QBs in football, javelin throwers/ shot put etc. Tennis you have to swing a racket right? so it is using your arm to throw.

Come on nascar? you really are going to use that example? You are driving and sitting in a car, its more mental endurance than anything else not athletic.

Blacks clearly have an advantage in sprinting and are the fastest in the world at it. No whites or asians can compete with them, only in long distance but there Kenyans dominate and more specifically one tribe called the Kilenjibe (spelling) tribe. They own over 40% of the worlds long distance racing records. There are only 500K of them total.

Zen, you don't live around much black people do you:icon_neut

Blacks don't have natural upper body strength:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

lol

The fact that you try to use "science" to back up your stupid claims is even more laughable, you're the worst type of racist.

No "race" is more predisposed to being good at one sport than another, not that it matters, no one takes you seriously.

As for my old gym (training is not important on my list of things to do now money is tight)

Same as what every one else says, mostly diverse, whites are a minority here though.

Very funny sir. Obviously you have no argument of your own and immediately resort to calling me a racist which I clearly am not.

You sure are a horrible human being. I bet any argument you get into where you are "losing: you resort to calling people names.

Plus I never said Blacks did not have natural upper body strength, I said on AVERAGE whites have more upper body strength than blacks/asians.

I live around tons of blacks and grapple with all races. Now please stop trying to label people derogatory names.

Also, get a life it would suit you well.

That dumbass took the thread title too seriously.

And comissair had me rolling LOL

you can call us whatever you want.

Asians, orientals, whatever.

We gave you all chinese takeout, ninjers, and crappy toys from hong kong laced with chemical poisons so we get the last laugh...

...unfortunately our penises are tiny. Damnn u evolution

oh lol

Unfortunately your argument in the first paragraph falls flat on its face when you compare the black population in the US and the % of blacks in the NBA.

Blacks are only 13% of the US population yet are somewhere near 85% of the NBA population. So only 13% of wrestling champions are black and 13% of the population is black? is that your argument?

Blacks have the perfect body type for the NBA especially east african decendants because they tend to be Tall and Lanky compared to west africans who may be shorter and more stalky (see most black football players will be west africans).

How can you explain the fact that blacks make up 13% of 300Million people yet are 85% of the NBA?? That can only be explained in their genetic disposition to have a natural advantage in that sport. Trust me they dont play more basketball in the "inner city" than whites play in the "countryside."

There is a reason why you rarely see black olympic swimmers or there are no champions who are black in swimming. It is almost exclusively white. The main reason ,aside from the natural aversion the average black person has to the water, but also the fact that their bones are more Dense than whites/asians.

Also the reason why osteoporises medicine is only marketed to whites/asians. Blacks do not experience the age defects of bone loss at the rate whites/asians do.

After the age of 30 whites/asians lose 2% of their bone mass PER YEAR! Blacks do not experience this.

Their bones are denser hence the reason they "on average" are not good swimmers. But also the reason that they may have longer careers in striking arts. Their bones are harder to break and carry more natural weight.

You can look all this up if you doubt what I say. Just pointing out Scientific facts.

Cullen Jones dude.
Stop talking. Please just stop talking.

Got about 60% westerners, consisting of Russians (white and Asianish), Americans and Europeans (white mostly), a solitary huge black guy from Guadalupe, and some Brazilians (Brazilian)

The other 40% are Asians, almost all of which are Chinese.

Also, given my AV, I'm required to state that the Chinaman is not the issue here, dude.

...and then I realized not everyone lives in The United States :icon_lol:

I'm currently the only black guy in my BJJ class. There might be one more but I'm not sure if he's sticking around

Cullen Jones dude.
Stop talking. Please just stop talking.

And if you have read anything I have been typing, I have been saying ON AVERAGE meaning the Mean. But you don't understand that concept do you?

Cullen Jones is an outlier not the norm. There are ALWAYS outliers in society.

Our gym is mostly white and hispanic with some african-americans and a few asians.

The Orient means East. Oriental could mean Persia & Egypt also.

Just look at a US Census, Oriental is not an option. The term Oriental is used to describe inanimate objects.

Using the anything actually made by the US goverment as evidence of intelligence though usually just isn't a good idea to begin with. I understand what you are saying though, but I just find the term Asian to be way too far out there since Asia contains far too many cultures and very different looking people to want to refer to them as that. I feel the same way about African as well. I dunno the general terms to describe people just isn't my thing.

So I signed back up with a gym in Chiba. Went in March last year(contract lost so I had to move, and now moved again). Came back today, my file had a diff gaijins pic in it. It was funny cuz they didn't even realize that wasn't me=) I had to tell em.

Oriental can also mean someone from Uruguay. I have no idea why, though.

Interesting, my school is over 50% hispanic.

Straight BJJ school or MMA school as well? Mine is extremely mixed if you just exclude gi BJJ. For some odd reason that class is just a bunch of white guys with a few others tossed in.

Using the anything actually made by the US goverment as evidence of intelligence though usually just isn't a good idea to begin with. I understand what you are saying though, but I just find the term Asian to be way too far out there since Asia contains far too many cultures and very different looking people to want to refer to them as that. I feel the same way about African as well. I dunno the general terms to describe people just isn't my thing.

Two things. This is a U.S. based forum (although there are certainly many international members) and the U.S. Census is the only Census I am familiar with.

That being said, it is a general rule that the term "Asian" is preferred over "Oriental." Oriental whether being offensive or not, it is antiquated.

^ For the record, I am Asian and I'm not necessarily pissed, just pointing out the more correct/useful word. It would be great just to be referred to as another person instead of that [insert race here guy]. :D

Back