Let's get racist

i

And people please don't say its because of poverty or that Brasilians are not white but brasilian. 56 to 58 % of the Brazilian population is caucasion 30%+ is prado (mixed) and only like 6% is pure black/african.

Will give you examples: wanderlei silva is obviously mixed with Indian even though he has white skin

Mauricio Rua on the other hand seems to be 100% european (wether that be portgueuse/german/italian etc)

Anderson silva, although brasilian is clearly black.

Andre Galvao is Prado, looks possibly to be mixed between black/white/indian or maybe just black/indian.

That is the 3 differences in a heavily mixed society like Brasil.

Just for a footnote, I am trying be scientific here NOT viewing any one race better than another.

to make this more accessible to the layperson.

mix
File:Adriana Lima by David Shankbone.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

euro bra

File:Alessandra Ambrosio.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

now you know.

I attribute the lack of black champions to the lack of overall participation in the sport, not because of a genetic disadvantage. If there were more black participants, there would be more black champions. I would expect it to look more like wrestling, where the number of black champions is pretty close to the population as a whole (there is no genetic advantage or disadvantage). Then I attribute the lack of participation to the lack of interest/culture.

Being a champion usually involves having some freak ability that no one else has, not so much physical gifts, as the ability to use your specific physique. I think it is the same way in wrestling. A guy like Cael Sanderson, he was not the strongest or fastest, he just had freak timing and really knew how to set up a shot that worked really well for his long arms. Same thing with Roger or Marcelo IMO. Polar opposite physiques... but they have balance and timing and know how to maximize their tools.

Unfortunately your argument in the first paragraph falls flat on its face when you compare the black population in the US and the % of blacks in the NBA.

Blacks are only 13% of the US population yet are somewhere near 85% of the NBA population. So only 13% of wrestling champions are black and 13% of the population is black? is that your argument?

Blacks have the perfect body type for the NBA especially east african decendants because they tend to be Tall and Lanky compared to west africans who may be shorter and more stalky (see most black football players will be west africans).

How can you explain the fact that blacks make up 13% of 300Million people yet are 85% of the NBA?? That can only be explained in their genetic disposition to have a natural advantage in that sport. Trust me they dont play more basketball in the "inner city" than whites play in the "countryside."

There is a reason why you rarely see black olympic swimmers or there are no champions who are black in swimming. It is almost exclusively white. The main reason ,aside from the natural aversion the average black person has to the water, but also the fact that their bones are more Dense than whites/asians.

Also the reason why osteoporises medicine is only marketed to whites/asians. Blacks do not experience the age defects of bone loss at the rate whites/asians do.

After the age of 30 whites/asians lose 2% of their bone mass PER YEAR! Blacks do not experience this.

Their bones are denser hence the reason they "on average" are not good swimmers. But also the reason that they may have longer careers in striking arts. Their bones are harder to break and carry more natural weight.

You can look all this up if you doubt what I say. Just pointing out Scientific facts.

???? what racial jokes, i read the entire thread and so far it has been pretty civil. Each race gravitates to what they are naturally (gentically) good at. So therefore you see a lot of black people in Basketball (13% of the US population YET 85% of the NBA)! How can you account for those numbers? tons of white kids play basketball growing up but they clearly are not ON average as good as blacks at the game. There is a reason for this yet no one wants to say it.

That is reality.

Just like most throwing sports/weightlifting/shot put/javelin are dominated by whites. And most hand eye coordination sports (ping pong/badminton etc) plus sports that require a lot of flexibility (gymnastics/figure skating) asians do really well at or dominate.

People need to learn reality not the myth that all myths about races are myths ;)

Money/demographics play into the equation also. It is very cheap to pick up basketball. You need shoes and a ball.

Martial arts are not cheap or available in all neighborhoods.

Now you have Black athletes in their respective sports so young kids look up to the ones they are exposed to the most (basketball, football, etc).

Tennis, gymnastics, figure skating, etc. are expensive, not to mention the social perceptions that a "strong black male" is more subject to.

Also, given my AV, I'm required to state that the Chinaman is not the issue here, dude.

Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

That actually probably doesn't suprise me. I think it is probably similar to something like skiing where it is mostly based off of culture and location. Now MMA I've found is a very mixed bunch, but gi BJJ I would tend to agree seems predominantly white, oriental, or obviously brazilian.

Asians are not Oriental. Damn people from Mid America. lol

Money/demographics play into the equation also. It is very cheap to pick up basketball. You need shoes and a ball.

Martial arts are not cheap or available in all neighborhoods.

Now you have Black athletes in their respective sports so young kids look up to the ones they are exposed to the most (basketball, football, etc).

Tennis, gymnastics, figure skating, etc. are expensive, not to mention the social perceptions that a "strong black male" is more subject to.

This can be slightly true but a lot of smart people have done research and accounted for these factors and it still doesn't equate. Besides if you want to do BJJ you are going to do it. Wrestling is virtually free in high school etc just like football and basketball.

You are correct that basketball is inexpensive and that is also the reason why it is liked so much around the world, IE cheap to play and also VERY EASY to play. The same goes with Soccer.

Soccer is the most popular sport in the world not because it is the best sport but because the economics of soccer are cheap. In some parts of africa they take condoms and fill them with paper etc to make a soccer ball. Then all you need is 2 sticks each for either end of a goal.

But still lots of blacks practice BJJ in brasil yet they still don't make it to the top of the game. Terere is one and I can't really think of others off the top of my head.

Our token black guy is such a cheater. he is both explosive and technical

Unfortunately your argument in the first paragraph falls flat on its face when you compare the black population in the US and the % of blacks in the NBA.

Blacks are only 13% of the US population yet are somewhere near 85% of the NBA population. So only 13% of wrestling champions are black and 13% of the population is black? is that your argument?

Well I clearly said that SOME sports offer inherent advantages to certain races. My whole point, which you seem to either be missing or ignoring, is that no such physical disadvantage exists in grappling, wrestling, or bjj- for this race for this sport. So for wrestling, I would expect the ratio of black competitors to be roughly in line with the ration of black champions. In wrestling, I do not think the participation is a reflection of the population, because it is still a somewhat "white" particiaption sport- because of culture though, not because of inherent advantages. In pewee basketball, you see a lot of white kids. You don't see a lot of black pewee wrestlers. In some white dominated sports (tennis or downhill skiing, for example) there is either no advantage, or the advantage would be with more traditionally explosive race (tennis with all the cutting and changing direction and sprinting for sure).

An imperceptible difference in upper body strength would have little to no effect on bjj competition or wrestling. In fact, the fast twitch explosion that blacks are more often naturally blessed with should be more beneficial than upper body strength. It is not like black guys are just sooo much weaker than white guys on the whole (like I said, I am assuming everything you say is true).

Basically, I demur. Even if all you say is true, it doesnt explain the lack of involvement by blacks.

I guess the lack of black nascar drivers is attributable to some superior caucasion trait as well. Some things are cultural, this (bjj) is one of them.

In my gym WHITE BELTS are the PUREST of belt colors.

It goes

Black < Brown < Purple < Blue < WHITE!

Very mixed. Depends where you live/train. Go to the biggest tournaments (Pans, Mundials, Miami Open, New York Open, any IBJJF tournament) to best see the diversity.

Black guys tend to have better musculature and tend to be good athletes....so Id like to see more of them come down (I want to train with the most explosive and strongest guys possible)
so this is kinda what you are looking for?

Zen, you don't live around much black people do you:icon_neut

Blacks don't have natural upper body strength:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

lol

The fact that you try to use "science" to back up your stupid claims is even more laughable, you're the worst type of racist.

No "race" is more predisposed to being good at one sport than another, not that it matters, no one takes you seriously.

As for my old gym (training is not important on my list of things to do now money is tight)

Same as what every one else says, mostly diverse, whites are a minority here though.

Asians are not Oriental. Damn people from Mid America. lol

I damn hate the term Asian. Russia and India are both in Asia and they most certainly don't fit the term that is being described. I haven't decided on a term I like referring to them as and so far oriental seems to work for me. I've found the term "slant" tends to not go over so well (yes I am kidding). And I actually just live in mid america not really raised.

Our gym is extremely diverse both by color and religion, but gi BJJ is predominantly white.

I damn hate the term Asian. Russia and India are both in Asia and they most certainly don't fit the term that is being described. I haven't decided on a term I like referring to them as and so far oriental seems to work for me. I've found the term "slant" tends to not go over so well (yes I am kidding). And I actually just live in mid america not really raised.

Our gym is extremely diverse both by color and religion, but gi BJJ is predominantly white.

The Orient means East. Oriental could mean Persia & Egypt also.

Just look at a US Census, Oriental is not an option. The term Oriental is used to describe inanimate objects.

I'm surprised to see how many racial jokes came out of a fairly serious thread. I'll just let the ignorant stay ignorant.

I am one of the only Black students in my academy and I live in the heart of Southern California. I have noticed a lack of interest in from Black community in Jiu-jitsu and have been unable to pinpoint. Many of my friends who have shown an interest in martial arts tend to train in Boxing or Muay Thai. I would like to hear anyone from Lloyd Irvin's academy because they seem to have a large Black student base.

I used to be affliated with Lloyd. His school is in a heavily black area, maybe 80%, but he still has a lo of non-black students.

The Orient means East. Oriental could mean Persia & Egypt also.

Just look at a US Census, Oriental is not an option. The term Oriental is used to describe inanimate objects.

I've only ever heard old people call Asians "Orientals." I think a lot of people consider it offensive these days, but I don't really know why. Maybe Edward Said is to blame for that.

Americans just say "Asians" to refer to East Asians. When you call someone from India "Asian" it sounds a little strange to us.

But when people from the UK say "Asians" they're usually referring to South Asians. I think they tend to say "Far East" when they're referring to East Asia. Not sure if they have a specific term that refers only to East Asians. Do they still say "Orientals?"

Kind of strange to me since to me Asian means Chinese/Japanese/Korean/Viet aka the Confucian cultures. Other parts of Asia are qualified with "South" or "Southeast" for example.

100% white in my gym... but I live in Tasmania, and EVERYBODY'S white

You can call us whatever you want.

Asians, Orientals, whatever.

We gave you all chinese takeout, ninjers, and crappy toys from Hong Kong laced with chemical poisons so we get the last laugh...

...unfortunately our penises are tiny. DAMNN U EVOLUTION

And what would a maritimer know about class? It was meant to be a humorous jab, so don't take it seriously.

I was definitely referring to you when I posted that.

edit: if that wasn't clear, I was being sarcastic. My comment was directed at all these bizarre claims.

Back