Let's get racist

we have a couple of token immigrants. much more common in other clubs thou as I see it out in comps

Little bit of everything, except black. Most of the regulars are white. Not a single Japanese in our Judo or BJJ. Closest to that is a Filipino.

all the athletic black guys are making millions play in the NBA and NFL! J/k

our gym is mixed mexican white, asian and a couple black dudes oh and a cuban

I noticed one black guy that turns up to my kickboxing/grappling class and occasionally a Asian guy turns up but seems more interested in waiting around on the edge of the mats drinking gatorade than actually working up a sweat.

its almost all white guys. one mexican white belt and one black guy brown belt. Even though my city is about 20% black and 10% mexican, the grappling interest just doesnt seem to be there. It is the same way in HS wrestling, almost all white kids. I have no explanation, as other sports have a more diverse make up. Maybe the culture of those ethnic groups in my area. Grappling and mma are really popular here, but no one training but white guys.

I train at Black Panther BJJ. We're an all black school. A white guy showed up once but we shot him. And ate him.

"We put the black in black belt. You guys can keep Bryant Gumbel."

I train at Black Panther BJJ. We're an all black school. A white guy showed up once but we shot him. And ate him.

"We put the black in black belt. You guys can keep Bryant Gumbel."

:icon_twis

We've got a pretty good mix: Mexican, Cuban, Puerto Ricon, Peruvian, Filipino, black, white, etc...

We're all brazilians at our gym. In regards to skin color, I'd guess it's pretty diverse.

A little bit of everything, mostly reflective of our surrounding demographic. Being in Southern California you get a lot of everything, not too many Black BJJ practitioners though. I can count 3 between the two BJJ schools I go to, one are a father/son combo. 2 of them are brown belts (son is a white belt). It doesn't really matter though.

We have one asian kid and I am half asian. Also, 2 kids are First Nations (Canadian Natives Indians) Other than that all white and only one female in the adult class..

In my gym it's mostly japanese. A couple of white's and one colored as far as I can tell. I prefer it stay that way.

My club is mostly white, but we have latinos, asians....and a couple of black guys!

Im kind of suprised we dont have more black and Asian to be honest, we are near Queens NY...Id expect more diversity. Black guys tend to have better musculature and tend to be good athletes....so Id like to see more of them come down (I want to train with the most explosive and strongest guys possible)

I am sorry man but you are a retard. Blacks excel at running/jumping not at wrestling/bjj on average. Whites naturally (on average) have more upper body strength than asians or blacks so they were the ones to invent wrestling and naturally excel at it more than any other race. Asians normally do well because they are naturally (on average) more flexible than whites or blacks.

Now if you had said, I train in the 100/200meter and it is all white guys and wished more blacks would come to train THEN i would agree with you.

sorry to be harsh but get that stupid thought process out of your head.

I am sorry man but you are a retard. Blacks excel at running/jumping not at wrestling/bjj on average. Whites naturally (on average) have more upper body strength than asians or blacks so they were the ones to invent wrestling and naturally excel at it more than any other race. Asians normally do well because they are naturally (on average) more flexible than whites or blacks.

Now if you had said, I train in the 100/200meter and it is all white guys and wished more blacks would come to train THEN i would agree with you.

sorry to be harsh but get that stupid thought process out of your head.

I agree. Blacks simply don't have the upper body strength that is required for wrestling....or math.

I'm glad someone said it before me.

I'm surprised to see how many racial jokes came out of a fairly serious thread. I'll just let the ignorant stay ignorant.

I am one of the only Black students in my academy and I live in the heart of Southern California. I have noticed a lack of interest in from Black community in Jiu-jitsu and have been unable to pinpoint. Many of my friends who have shown an interest in martial arts tend to train in Boxing or Muay Thai. I would like to hear anyone from Lloyd Irvin's academy because they seem to have a large Black student base.

Thread-Crap-Stupid-Actors.jpg

My school is predominately white. Most of the latino guys that come are also white from colombia etc. There are a few black guys and some other hispanic guys (mixed white/indian). There are a few asian guys and middle easterners as well but the Middle easterners are also (white) scientifically speaking anyway.

Back