Let's debate fellas. In your opinions who was a better overall fighter...

It's too different. Pages career was much much longer than yoels.

Good point...

On the other hand Rampage really has not put on an exciting performance since 2008.. So subtract his fights since then from the conversation...

But at whatever you say their peak was... I think Romero beats Rampage even with the size difference.

7HrPr1R.jpg

Weird question I don’t know why you would care to compare them

Ill take the Rampage that dominated Chuck in the Pride GP.

Rampage. Romero is a goddamn beast but he’s got questionable stamina an one of the worst fight iq’s ive ever seen. He has completely neglected his best tool which is wresslin and is in love with boxing way too much. Mix it up ffs!!! Its pretty frustrating to watch Yoel fight if you are a fan.

Rashad compared Rampage to "an alligator" because he can turn quickly in the clinch and with punches. While Yoel has some impressive bursts to win scrambles and with (usually) single strikes. Different physical strengths.

Skill wise Yoel's the better wrestler, though he doesn't use it much. Rampage the better overall fighter.

They'd be tough match-ups for each other (in their prime).

I think Yoel's more a hard fight to take, while Rampage's KO power coupled with the HL Slams and the meanest mug ever made him intimidating. Not his personality tho. And Yoel's a good dude.

Last edited:
Rampage is more well rounded. Has bigger titties too atm

The answer to this question is easy. Which fighter was ducked more?

Weird question I don’t know why you would care to compare them
What is so weird about comparing 2 great fighters of similar size? We do it all the time. At their respective peaks who do you feel was better and more intimidating?

What is so weird about comparing 2 great fighters of similar size? We do it all the time. At their respective peaks who do you feel was better and more intimidating?

Hmm I don’t think they’re the same size. Romero isn’t even that big of a middle weight imo, he’s just crazy strong. Ape strong. It’s hard to say who was more intimidating. I’d probably would lean towards Yoel, fighting him would be horrible man, he’d be jumping around looking for knees, whereas Rampage would be a little bit easier to predict

Rampage has had way more fights and fought a lot of great fighters, he won belts too. Romero is not even close at the moment, he would need to win some belts and beat many more big names of his generation.

Page due to length
Romero though beats him if they fight today

I'm not asking who had a "greater" career but simply who did you feel was/is a better overall fighter and who is/was more intimidating between Rampage Jackson and Yoel Romero? I can't decide
View attachment 717459
View attachment 717461

*Update* A lot of mixed answers here. It seems to be 50/50. Keep em coming.
I don't know who's more intimidating but the best version of Page beats the shit out of Romero pretty much every time.

Hmm I don’t think they’re the same size. Romero isn’t even that big of a middle weight imo, he’s just crazy strong. Ape strong. It’s hard to say who was more intimidating. I’d probably would lean towards Yoel, fighting him would be horrible man, he’d be jumping around looking for knees, whereas Rampage would be a little bit easier to predict
I'll take that as a vote for Romero. You may not feel he's that big but I'm confident that he's bigger than Dan Henderson who was able to hold his own against Rampage.
Rampage has had way more fights and fought a lot of great fighters, he won belts too. Romero is not even close at the moment, he would need to win some belts and beat many more big names of his generation.
I'm not comparing their careers. Just their fighting abilities in their primes and the intimidation factor they brought.
Page due to length
Romero though beats him if they fight today
What about in Rampage's prime?
I don't know who's more intimidating but the best version of Page beats the shit out of Romero pretty much every time.
It seems to still be split down the middle in this thread with half saying Romero easily, and the other half saying Rampage easily.

I really can't call it as I can see both sides.

I'll take that as a vote for Romero. You may not feel he's that big but I'm confident that he's bigger than Dan Henderson who was able to hold his own against Rampage.

I'm not comparing their careers. Just their fighting abilities in their primes and the intimidation factor they brought.

What about in Rampage's prime?

It seems to still be split down the middle in this thread with half saying Romero easily, and the other half saying Rampage easily.

In his prime rampage knocks Yoel out clean

I know this is MMA math, but I feel like Chuck tools Romero, and page smashed chuck twice.

Maybe page just had Chuck's number?

Yes, but at their peaks what do you feel? Like I said I'm not asking who had a greater career. Just who do you think was the more talented/skilled fighter and who do you believe was more intimidating?

Rampage.

Rampage's peak was like the 03-04 years, that Rampage is one of the best LHW fighters of all time. He had huge power in the hands although technique wasn't as good as when he was working with Juanito, but, he had offensive wrestling, he had good TDD, he had an awesome clinch game with punishing knees, awesome Ground and pound. He was a monster.

I think he was a more offensive fighter. Yoel in short bursts is absurd though

Back