Let's debate fellas. In your opinions who was a better overall fighter...

Rampage was able to use his skillset to defeat many top ranked fighters in a long span of time. Yoel is a beast but in some of the fights he has won (in devastating fashion) he was losing and didn't look quite the beast we all know he is.

I guess on paper Yoel might be more skilled in some areas, but in reality Rampage was the one who was able to put it together and be more consistent against top level fighters. Yoel's finishes and general athleticism make him seem more dynamic than Rampage but Rampage was really an amazing fighter in his prime.

Finally a good thread, been sick of all the Conor BS being posted in here. As for who is the better fighter, I have to say Rampage and I would favor him if he fought Yoel in his prime. I personally will get more intimidated by a guy that wears a fucking chain and growls tbh.

Rampage, he has the hardware to prove it.

image001.jpg

Finally a good thread, been sick of all the Conor BS being posted in here. As for who is the better fighter, I have to say Rampage and I would favor him if he fought Yoel in his prime. I personally will get more intimidated by a guy that wears a fucking chain and growls tbh.
I wonder what Conor thinks about this thread.

People forget how good rampage was because he’s looked so bad lately but in his prime, he was awesome. I used to get very excited for Rampage fights but those days are clearly over.

Peak for peak. I pick rampage. I think he could have been a lot better too if he trained harder and stayed off cheeseburgers between fights.

I’m undefeated in street fights. You wouldn’t stand a chance bro.
Yeah yeah that's what they all say. They see my post count and say to themselves "I'll fight the best guy in here" they always say that and I always have to fight them. Having to constantly defend against infidels due to my status has left me completely invulnerable to any damage. Death itself doesnt even bother attempting to embrace me,as i am practically impervious to defeat and am destined to walk the earth forever as the GOAT,basically condemned to wander,and post on sherdog,never to be bested in combat. Understand,I cannot feel pain.

I'd argue that Romero is a better fighter, but Rampage has a far better resume

100% page

Guy was a fucking beast earlier on and I was excited when he made his move to the ufc and fought chuck again

It's too different. Pages career was much much longer than yoels.

Rampage. I don't really like Romero's weird crab style. As for intimidating, hard to say. Rampage is a better fighter and had strength, chin and power. But Yoel is really explosive, and win or lose you are in for a hard night. I'd say Rampage though.

I was a huge Rampage fan when I was new. But I think Yoel is the more skilled fighter and also more intimidating. Faster, more athletic, more dynamic striking, better wrestler.

Even though they're same age, it's kind of like apples and oranges. Yoel ( age aside and father time is almost at his doorstep- has to be) is more of your modern day complete " elite" fighter. His body of work ( which lacks longevity cause of when he started ) is pretty impressive. Even in his losses, hes been extremely competitive. He probably even should have UFC title in his ledger ( 2nd fight w/ whit but debatable).

I think rampage wins in all categories, he was more intimidating(wolf howl), actually held the belt, and was the more well rounded fighter overall. I also think rampage was the most underrated guy on the mic ever I loved all his interviews he was the rare guy that was just funny no matter what but still had some scary in him. That being said, Romero is a gem on the mic despite barely speaking English, and is definitely the better athlete. Had he picked up mma earlier he would have been even better than he is, and certainly better than even peak rampage, alas he didnt.

Yoel hasn’t even had 20 fights. It’s a weird comparison but I would say Yoel is the more talented fighter and the more skilled fighter. Rampage had nice boxing and slips and good wrestling but I think Yoel is more complete.

Reply #2, and still no answer.

Rampage was the better overall fighter in his prime.

People forget how good rampage was because he’s looked so bad lately but in his prime, he was awesome. I used to get very excited for Rampage fights but those days are clearly over.

Peak for peak. I pick rampage. I think he could have been a lot better too if he trained harder and stayed off cheeseburgers between fights.

I'd argue that Romero is a better fighter, but Rampage has a far better resume

100% page

Guy was a fucking beast earlier on and I was excited when he made his move to the ufc and fought chuck again

Thank you everyone who actually read and answered the question and not just compare their careers. Obviously Rampages is longer and more decorated but as far as who is the better fighter is debatable. Carry on.

Yoel has by far the better body, but Rampage is a lot funnier.

That said, Yoel has some good accidental humour like Gay Jesus which TBH IMO is his legacy.

I like Rampage and he is more accomplished of course but Yoel is just better and a product of the game's evolution. You might think of him as like a Dan Henderson 2.0 and Prime Rampage had a razor close fight with Henderson

Yoel never cries. Also I hate rampage with a fucking passion too.
One thing I will say that is off topic is that I feel Rampage was very much ROBBED against Forrest Griffin and everyone just goes with it. On the other hand I had Rob beating Yoel 3 rounds to 2 in the second fight. For me the best Yoel could hope for was a draw.

So in that sense Rampage had a reason to cry.

I think Yoel would have trouble with quite a few of Rampage's opponents. A prime Rampage matches up well with Yoel and all of his top opponents.

Rampage held gold in the UFC.

Romero hasn't, yet.......

We shall see but I gotta say Rampage as it stands.

Back