Let's be real, Rogan was actually fat shaming .. and the UFC has a history of it

Well thank you for your dedication to the 'truth' despite your obvious lack of interest or emotional investment in the term 'fat shaming'...which is a term fat ppl use to make other ppl feel bad about noticing they are over weight...usually followed by something along the lines of 'that skinny bitch is fat shaming'...cause you know that's okay...

i dont think ppl should make fun of another persons weight just based around human decency...but this vanilla culture that has a new sensitivity phrase for anything and everything is leading towards the end of humanity..

You hoes boring. Don't you get tired of wasting time and making shit threads? DaDa 5000 is fat, we can all see it. Calling him fat ain't "fat-shaming" or whatever the fuck else you want to call it, he's going to feel a lot worse than ashamed if he doesn't go and run some laps around the park.

Garbage. Tons of diseases and adverse conditions are related to obesity. If It didn't harm anyone, why don't the world's fattest people live to be in their 80s? I wouldn't care if obese, junk-food eating people were 100% responsible for their actions and medical costs, but they aren't.

You obviously didn't read the conversation. Of course it hurts the fat people. It doesn't harm anyone around them out in public, like smoking does.

Just wait until you have universal health care and you pay shit loads of taxes for some fatass who has constant health problems because he can't make a simple conscious choice to put down the junk food.....

Or a drug addict, or a smoker, or a dipper, or someone born with defects or anything else that is a long term health condition.

They still aren't causing a public health issue with others, like smokers and the insurance ceos are the highest paid of any industry. So there is your healthcare cost.

Dada lost 40lbs to make weight for the fight, yes his cardio sucks but WTF at people saying he didn't take the fight serious. There are UFC level pro MMA fighters who are unable to make weight. Yes he's fat, but him losing 40lb shows me he dedicated himself to this. He's 38 and probably never been in shape, I don't know if he could have done much to really give him good cardio. Rogan could have said so many other things besides fried chicken and orange soda. But, Joe's gonna Joe.

THAT's the truth.
Rogan was mocking the guy's fitness / appearance with the junk food talk.
Dana White has done the same with Roy Nelson in the past.
Heck, just online plenty of guys have fat shamed Fedor over the years - calling him a bloated up 185'er even.. and tbh it's probably taken a toll on him. He's human too, guys.

I don't give a shit about fat shaming, but let's at least get our PC straight.

Yeah but Roy and Hunt are never gassed out like Dada was

giphy.gif

Dada lost 40lbs to make weight for the fight, yes his cardio sucks but WTF at people saying he didn't take the fight serious. There are UFC level pro MMA fighters who are unable to make weight. Yes he's fat, but him losing 40lb shows me he dedicated himself to this. He's 38 and probably never been in shape, I don't know if he could have done much to really give him good cardio. Rogan could have said so many other things besides fried chicken and orange soda. But, Joe's gonna Joe.
Yeah clearly Dada cared a lot about the fight. There has to be something fucked up with his preparation surely though right? I mean how do you lose everything you have in the first 2 minutes of the first round? He should prepare his cardio for 3 rounds right? Like I don't know anything about preparing for a fight, it just feels that way.

But it's really none of your business if it doesn't harm you.
When I become a "fat shamer" for having a completely logical and rational reasoning behind my opinion then it becomes my business. What they do is their business, yes, but they shouldn't try to pawn that off as being "healthy" and call people who are skinny "sick and unhealthy" because a lot of them do that. Being obese isn't healthy now, it won't be healthy in a hundred years from now. Some have legitimate thyroid problems and that's understandable, but a vast majority are just fucking lazy and they don't have enough willpower to stay away from the junk, and a lot of the time that trickles down to their children, and the result is what you see in America today. So at the end of the day, you are correct it's none of my business, but they should really start taking better care of their own business.

When I become a "fat shamer" for having a completely logical and rational reasoning behind my opinion then it becomes my business. What they do is their business, yes, but they shouldn't try to pawn that off as being "healthy" and call people who are skinny "sick and unhealthy" because a lot of them do that. Being obese isn't healthy now, it won't be healthy in a hundred years from now. Some have legitimate thyroid problems and that's understandable, but a vast majority are just fucking lazy and they don't have enough willpower to stay away from the junk, and a lot of the time that trickles down to their children, and the result is what you see in America today. So at the end of the day, you are correct it's none of my business, but they should really start taking better care of their own business.

Do you understand that you have a right to an opinion, but not a right to professionally disparage someone in media. You also don't have a right to say anything to them or anyone else about them. That's when it stops being just an opinion and becomes an attack.

Oh wait, you don't like the word "attack" now either?

...which wasn't my point at all.

The point I was trying to make is that there is a double standard. You're free to "smoke shame" all you want, but fat shaming is unacceptable. Let's use a different example, seeing how everyone is so caught up on second hand smoke:

I don't necessarily agree that it is acceptable to "smoke shame". At this point I want to shame anyone who uses those stupid terms.

Guy goes outside to smoke. Comes back inside, everyone complains about the smell, how it smells like a ashtray in here, etc. From our perspective, the smoker is clearly in the wrong, inconveniencing everyone around him with the raunchy smell resulting from his disgusting habit.

Now a guy weighing 450 lbs gets on the subway and squeezes his ass into a tiny seat, literally overflowing to the seats next to him, thus inconveniencing the people around him. You're not allowed to say shit though, seeing how that's fat shaming.

Is it more clear now?

In any case where you are inconveniencing other people you shouldn't be surprised if you get a look or a few words about it, whether its for the smoke smell or taking up multiple seats.

And yes, obesity does affect society as a whole negatively. Obesity at this point is responsible for more health problems than tobacco, simply because there are far more obese people than there are smokers. Diabetes, heart disease, cancer....those are just a few of the well known and documented side effects of obesity. Remember, most of the first world has free health care, so yes, these people are taking up a disproportional amount of public resources. Then there's the fact that nobody (despite what obese people will try to tell you) gets morbidly obese by eating chicken and rice. A diet consisting mainly of junk food and sodas will definitely make you fat though. The companies producing this shit are also some of the biggest polluters internationally, at least in the food industry. Again, that is not good for everyone and if it weren't for people eating that shit literally daily, their footprint wouldn't be nearly as big as it is.

This has nothing to do with how smoke can hurt the health of another person (against their will) and being fat can't.

The issue with 'fat shaming' is that it implies that it's ok to be fat. Nobody should be able to judge you for it. Maybe that is actually right, but it seems like we judge people for all kinds of shit and everyone thinks it's perfectly ok, but obesity is for some reason off-limits.

Because it's a free county and they should have the choice to do it if they want to. Same with smoking where it doesn't affect other people.

...which wasn't my point at all.

The point I was trying to make is that there is a double standard. You're free to "smoke shame" all you want, but fat shaming is unacceptable. Let's use a different example, seeing how everyone is so caught up on second hand smoke:

Guy goes outside to smoke. Comes back inside, everyone complains about the smell, how it smells like a ashtray in here, etc. From our perspective, the smoker is clearly in the wrong, inconveniencing everyone around him with the raunchy smell resulting from his disgusting habit.

Now a guy weighing 450 lbs gets on the subway and squeezes his ass into a tiny seat, literally overflowing to the seats next to him, thus inconveniencing the people around him. You're not allowed to say shit though, seeing how that's fat shaming.

Is it more clear now?

And yes, obesity does affect society as a whole negatively. Obesity at this point is responsible for more health problems than tobacco, simply because there are far more obese people than there are smokers. Diabetes, heart disease, cancer....those are just a few of the well known and documented side effects of obesity. Remember, most of the first world has free health care, so yes, these people are taking up a disproportional amount of public resources. Then there's the fact that nobody (despite what obese people will try to tell you) gets morbidly obese by eating chicken and rice. A diet consisting mainly of junk food and sodas will definitely make you fat though. The companies producing this shit are also some of the biggest polluters internationally, at least in the food industry. Again, that is not good for everyone and if it weren't for people eating that shit literally daily, their footprint wouldn't be nearly as big as it is.

The issue with 'fat shaming' is that it implies that it's ok to be fat. Nobody should be able to judge you for it. Maybe that is actually right, but it seems like we judge people for all kinds of shit and everyone thinks it's perfectly ok, but obesity is for some reason off-limits.

And before you go off on an ad-hominem attack about how self centered smokers are, I don't smoke.

Why does it have to be your point?

You bring up smokers and smokers kill people, animals, burn down Forrest's and houses, cause conditions in children. Damage property.

And if a smoker does all that carefree, they are pretty self centered, aren't they?

This isn't all about you.

Why does it have to be your point?

You bring up smokers and smokers kill people, animals, burn down Forrest's and houses, cause conditions in children. Damage property.

And if a smoker does all that carefree, they are pretty self centered, aren't they?

This isn't all about you.

Yeah fuck the smokers and fuck the fat people and fuck every person who is self centered and causes inonvenience to other people/earth (I think this might take a while)...

How on earth is it fat shaming within the context of professional athletics?

We talk about height, reach, speed, weight, muscle mass, all of it.

He didn't walk up to some random dude on the street and call him a fatty. We're talking about a pro athlete that probably should not have been licensed to fight.

Yeah fuck the smokers and fuck the fat people and fuck every person who is self centered and causes inonvenience to other people/earth (I think this might take a while)...

I think you accidentally get it.

How on earth is it fat shaming within the context of professional athletics?

We talk about height, reach, speed, weight, muscle mass, all of it.

He didn't walk up to some random dude on the street and call him a fatty. We're talking about a pro athlete that probably should not have been licensed to fight.

This is an accurate argument.

But I don't think the OP was using the term in a negative manner, just that Rogan wasn't being racist.

THAT's the truth.
Rogan was mocking the guy's fitness / appearance with the junk food talk.
Dana White has done the same with Roy Nelson in the past.
Heck, just online plenty of guys have fat shamed Fedor over the years - calling him a bloated up 185'er even.. and tbh it's probably taken a toll on him. He's human too, guys.

I don't give a shit about fat shaming, but let's at least get our PC straight.
Fat shaming should be socially accepted.

Back