Let's be real, Rogan was actually fat shaming .. and the UFC has a history of it

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by tuff juice, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Morning Star

Morning Star Black Belt

I don't care either way, that fight was a fucking disgrace.

2. Wizzlebiz

Wizzlebiz Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest

But dude thats 7 mcchickens. Now im hungry. Sorry just trying to lighten it up a bit

3. Headkicktoleg

Headkicktoleg Steel Belt

7 mcnuggest OR YOUR LIFE!!:p

4. CombatCyborg

CombatCyborg Black Belt

It's not trolling if it's obvious that he's being facetious. Then it's just satire.

5. mkt

mkt Silver Belt

How dare Rogan suggest an MMA fighter properly cut weight and be in shape come fight night?

6. IamStryker

IamStryker Silver Belt

Being fat doesn't affect the health of other people.

7. burnthehive

burnthehive Blue Belt

"I don't give a shit about fat shaming" -> Goes on to publicly whine about it. Are the SJWs still trying to latch on to combat sports with their maniacal guilt tripping? Mods should man up and ban these types of posts.

8. mkt

mkt Silver Belt

Garbage. Tons of diseases and adverse conditions are related to obesity. If It didn't harm anyone, why don't the world's fattest people live to be in their 80s? I wouldn't care if obese, junk-food eating people were 100% responsible for their actions and medical costs, but they aren't.

9. mkt

mkt Silver Belt

It affects their pocket books.

10. Agent Mulder

Agent Mulder Black Belt

Several reasons but the main one is that he would quit commentating for the UFC in a heart beat.

11. 7th

7th Silver Belt

fat shaming? being fat is shameful

12. 7th

7th Silver Belt

gtfo with this nonsense. Anybody can make a video claiming a bunch of bs to condone their destructive behavior

13. BBMN

BBMN Pancakes?!

If you're too fat to fight without nearly dying due to being out of shape, you might get mocked.

14. Dutch Rudder

Dutch Rudder Pimp Belt

Just wait until you have universal health care and you pay shit loads of taxes for some fatass who has constant health problems because he can't make a simple conscious choice to put down the junk food.....

15. mjmj

mjmj Black Belt

Don’t have to wait, already done. We were paying before this horrendous plan that’s in place now, but of course it’s worse. To be fair, half the people bitching here probably don’t pay taxes or are living off them.

16. IamStryker

IamStryker Silver Belt

Lots of BS affects our pocket books. People still have the right to eat what they want and it won't affect the health of anyone but them.

17. lifelessheap

lifelessheap Silver Belt

I have let myself go a bit. I welcome being fat shamed. I deserve it.

18. Grenz

Grenz Brown Belt

...which wasn't my point at all.

The point I was trying to make is that there is a double standard. You're free to "smoke shame" all you want, but fat shaming is unacceptable. Let's use a different example, seeing how everyone is so caught up on second hand smoke:

Guy goes outside to smoke. Comes back inside, everyone complains about the smell, how it smells like a ashtray in here, etc. From our perspective, the smoker is clearly in the wrong, inconveniencing everyone around him with the raunchy smell resulting from his disgusting habit.

Now a guy weighing 450 lbs gets on the subway and squeezes his ass into a tiny seat, literally overflowing to the seats next to him, thus inconveniencing the people around him. You're not allowed to say shit though, seeing how that's fat shaming.

Is it more clear now?

And yes, obesity does affect society as a whole negatively. Obesity at this point is responsible for more health problems than tobacco, simply because there are far more obese people than there are smokers. Diabetes, heart disease, cancer....those are just a few of the well known and documented side effects of obesity. Remember, most of the first world has free health care, so yes, these people are taking up a disproportional amount of public resources. Then there's the fact that nobody (despite what obese people will try to tell you) gets morbidly obese by eating chicken and rice. A diet consisting mainly of junk food and sodas will definitely make you fat though. The companies producing this shit are also some of the biggest polluters internationally, at least in the food industry. Again, that is not good for everyone and if it weren't for people eating that shit literally daily, their footprint wouldn't be nearly as big as it is.

The issue with 'fat shaming' is that it implies that it's ok to be fat. Nobody should be able to judge you for it. Maybe that is actually right, but it seems like we judge people for all kinds of shit and everyone thinks it's perfectly ok, but obesity is for some reason off-limits.

And before you go off on an ad-hominem attack about how self centered smokers are, I don't smoke.

19. basementdweller

basementdweller Black Belt

shaming others because they smoke is actually pretty bad in my book.

20. Hazuki Ryo

Hazuki Ryo Green Belt

are you fat TS ?