Lets be honest. WMMA's talent pool is like a local mma circuit.

Do you know Jon Jones was not on another level at wrestling???

Use your brain.
Face palm

His wrestling was on another level [He had very little application to the sport in high school/college].

That aside [And we can pretend his wrestling was poor] he is versing proven competition with elite skills in multiple areas. He has also proven elite skills in wrestling, BJJ, boxing, kick boxing etc within the octagon.

Ronda has shown great judo. That is it. Every other skill she has is at prelim level. It proves that she is only excelling due to terrible competition. Hell we've even had journalists [Jack Slack for one] with excellent technical analysis saying that there is nothing at WBW and that Ronda has shown zero outside Judo

As someone who fights on their locaa circuit I'm pretty offended by the comparison. Hell I've been training jiu jitsu longer than a girl who just fought for the title

Sorry man. I meant at best the wmma is as good. What i was also trying to say is that there can be a guy who wins 5 straight in the local circuit by KOs and nobody would annoint him as most dominant ever, thats because rondas talent pool is low, just like a lot of local mma shows.

His wrestling was on another level [He had very little application to the sport in high school/college].

That aside [And we can pretend his wrestling was poor] he is versing proven competition with elite skills in multiple areas. He has also proven elite skills in wrestling, BJJ, boxing, kick boxing etc within the octagon.

Ronda has shown great judo. That is it. Every other skill she has is at prelim level. It proves that she is only excelling due to terrible competition. Hell we've even had journalists [Jack Slack for one] with excellent technical analysis saying that there is nothing at WBW and that Ronda has shown zero outside Judo

"His wrestling was on another level [He had very little application to the sport in high school/college]."

What are you babbling about.

Jones didnt even attend a d1 school for wrestling yet alone the Olympics

It would appear that his wrestling is pretty damn good considering the way he's utilised it at an elite level.

You've disregarded the entire crux of the post. He has gone on to prove well rounded versatility in nearly every area of MMA. Enough to beat elite fighters in every area.

Ronda is one dimensional. It's just a case where her opponents don't even have one dimension.

in what world is tate,zingano ,undefeated former pro boxer with a 33-2 record and 9-0 in mma holly holm and silver medalist mcmann just some local barn fighters

man people are so salty here
ZNqa7gD.gif

So dumb. If you dont like WMMA dont watch it. It wasnt long ago that ppl though MMA was pub fighting idiots.

So dumb. If you dont like WMMA dont watch it. It wasnt long ago that ppl though MMA was pub fighting idiots.

Yeah, I'll just stop buying these all women UFC events and keep buying all male UFC events.

Oh, wait a minute...

It would appear that his wrestling is pretty damn good considering the way he's utilised it at an elite level.

You've disregarded the entire crux of the post. He has gone on to prove well rounded versatility in nearly every area of MMA. Enough to beat elite fighters in every area.

Ronda is one dimensional. It's just a case where her opponents don't even have one dimension.

""She wasn't on another level at the sport she is actually better at. I.E: Judo: The sport she dedicated her whole life to.

Now she's on another level at a sport she isn't anywhere near as good at… I wonder why???

Face palm."
"

Jon Jones has no elite accolades in wrestling prior to his career as a mixed martial artist, none. He spent most of life as a wrestler and is now on another level as a martial artists, probably the GOAT.

To suggest Ronda excelling in MMA is dubious because she wasnt on another level in her previous endevour is logically flawed. (plus she was an Olympian)

DC didnt even get Bronze and hes essentially wrecked the HW division

WMMA is apparently MMA's downfall even though it gave MMA the largest star and most attention it has ever had.

Back