Lets be honest. WMMA's talent pool is like a local mma circuit.

shut up Ronda is just on another level

She is, but that's mostly because of her weak competition. The only legit contenders were Sara McMann and Meisha Tate, and look how they've looked recently against lower tier fighters.

As someone who fights on their locaa circuit I'm pretty offended by the comparison. Hell I've been training jiu jitsu longer than a girl who just fought for the title

Yeah but Struve vs Big Nog was an awesome fight right?

And the guy they signed at 38 to feed to Bigfoot for the home crowd is a rising star!

When you are constantly complaining about the same fighters no matter what it loses all credibility. You don't like Rousey. Fair enough. Why do you keep watching her and bitching about her then? Every fight you are one of the people that can be counted on to be on every thread before and after making negative comments. What do you get out of it?

I seriously will never understand this type of "anti-fan" MMA attracts. If you hate WMMA so much just walk away from it. You will feel better and people won't have to listen to it constantly.

you think struve vs. nog was the same as rousey vs. correira? lol, is all i can respond to with that.

i criticize when it's appropriate. and i praise when it's appropriate. you are simply looking for someone to hate on. i have no idea why, but i guess i must have said something about one of your favorite fighters. i don't know. i don't hate rousey. but i'm not going to not tell the truth, because some fans might criticize me for my opinions.

what do you get out of taking your time to bitch about me? at least i criticize the fighters, and not the fans. i keep it on the fighters, unlike you, who makes it personal.

no, i will continue to watch mma and both criticize and praise when it's appropriate. put me on your ignore list, and you won't have any issues. i look forward to not hearing from you again. thanks.

Forget it. There's no reasoning with them. Today, the anti-wmma sherdoggers are in full Discredit Ronda Tantrum Mode. There was a clean faceplant KO in a UFC women's fight and they're going off the rails about it. They told us it could never be done.
And yet the striking in the Brazil TUF championship was not even close to technical and they probably loved that fight. And they probably loved Brown vs Arlowski even more. I bet if i pulled their post history it would completely expose them. What I don't get is how they have been around since 2006 and are still this way. They seem to enjoy hating on it more than being a fan. And it isn't just WMMA but they feel bolder when it comes it i think because they can claim it is them really being a purist. But most the same people are the most negative in general about the sport. Bizarre to me.

you think struve vs. nog was the same as rousey vs. correira? lol, is all i can respond to with that.

i criticize when it's appropriate. and i praise when it's appropriate. you are simply looking for someone to hate on. i have no idea why, but i guess i must have said something about one of your favorite fighters. i don't know. i don't hate rousey. but i'm not going to not tell the truth, because some fans might criticize me for my opinions.

what do you get out of taking your time to bitch about me? at least i criticize the fighters, and not the fans. i keep it on the fighters, unlike you, who makes it personal.

no, i will continue to watch mma and both criticize and praise when it's appropriate. put me on your ignore list, and you won't have any issues. i look forward to not hearing from you again. thanks.

You missed the obvious point. That wasn't it. The point was if you are such a purist, surely you had other fights you could have taken issue with. Yet you bitch constantly about Rousey. Who ironically is more technical than most the woman in striking and most of MMA in grappling. And I didn't pick you out of the blue. Are you telling me you also have a bunch of positive Rousey posts? It isn't exactly tough to remember you as one of the people always bitching about her.

And what do I get out of taking time to ask you? I simply am hoping to gain some insight on what motivates someone like you. Did you like Brown vs Arlowski? I bet if i pull your post history I will find all sorts of fights you loved where the striking was not technical. So again, just looking to understand. Why the double standard and why constantly follow and bitch about something you don't like (WMMA) instead of not watching?

Yeah but Struve vs Big Nog was an awesome fight right?

And the guy they signed at 38 to feed to Bigfoot for the home crowd is a rising star!

To be fair that's like every Brazil card, mostly squash matches favoring the home crowd, or showcasing local talent, with only a few real, relevant fights. Hell, even the most exciting fight on the card, that bantamweight finale, lacked a lot of technical striking, looked like a Bellator prelim. Big Nog v. Struve was painful to watch, and Nog v. Shogun wasn't much better.

WMMA is young but is developing fast. Young women around the world are being inspired by Ronda, who is a very empowering role model.

Ronda and Joanna are both very skilled and great to watch in action.
I don't get this WMMA being young argument either. I assume women are training with male MMA fighters using the same techniques that have been developed over the years.

To be fair that's like every Brazil card, mostly squash matches favoring the home crowd, or showcasing local talent, with only a few real, relevant fights. Hell, even the most exciting fight on the card, that bantamweight finale, lacked a lot of technical striking, looked like a Bellator prelim. Big Nog v. Struve was painful to watch, and Nog v. Shogun wasn't much better.

I get why they do it and don't really care. And I agree with you. I was actually making the same point but for a different reason. If the guys bitching about Rousey/Bethe REALLY had a problem because of the lack of technical striking and thought it was pathetic then they should have felt the same way about most the fights. Yet i am guessing they didn't say anything close to that about other fights.

They pick the fights or even the division (WMMA) they think will get them virtual high fives from other insecure guys on the internet. If they were consistent or honest I would have no problem with it. Other than i would wonder why they even bother to watch at all.

But yeah I agree, they try to set up fights to get "W"s for the home crowd fighters imo. I don't mind it just because it is MMA where anything can happen and when it backfires and underdogs win it has to leave a mark. I don't like catering to home crowds but I have kind of accepted the entertainment/business end has completely surpassed the sports end at this point. I just try to enjoy the fights now and not concentrate on the process.

It gets even more frustrating when protests about the gender double standards arise. I mean, think about the UFC's LW or WW or MW divisions. One might say, well what if a man had Rousey's dominance? Well, the idea that someone could finish Cerrone, Dos Anjor ans Pettis in a combined 64 seconds defies belief. Ditto for finishing Lawler, Hendricks and MacDonald in that total time, or Weidman, Rockhold and Jacare. That's tantamount to asking, what if Jessica Alba walked into my basement where I dwell and asked my out on a date in a 5 star restaurant? These kind of moot points are also completely ridiculous.

As I noted before, when Weidman defended his title against an over the hill fighter on the same night that Rousey defended her title against what was touted as the top contender, the differences in how their fights when said it all. Unless of course one was actually willing to accept that Ronda was that much of a superior fighter to the guy who finished Anderson twice in a row.

I don't get this WMMA being young argument either. I assume women are training with male MMA fighters using the same techniques that have been developed over the years.

You're going to get the same "WMMA is young give it time" argument 10 years from now, even though the fights today look the same as they did in 2005. Don't worry.

It gets even more frustrating when protests about the gender double standards arise. I mean, think about the UFC's LW or WW or MW divisions. One might say, well what if a man had Rousey's dominance? Well, the idea that someone could finish Cerrone, Dos Anjor ans Pettis in a combined 64 seconds defies belief. Ditto for finishing Lawler, Hendricks and MacDonald in that total time, or Weidman, Rockhold and Jacare. That's tantamount to asking, what if Jessica Alba walked into my basement where I dwell and asked my out on a date in a 5 star restaurant? These kind of moot points are also completely ridiculous.

As I noted before, when Weidman defended his title against an over the hill fighter on the same night that Rousey defended her title against what was touted as the top contender, the differences in how their fights when said it all. Unless of course one was actually willing to accept that Ronda was that much of a superior fighter to the guy who finished Anderson twice in a row.
Excellent point. The alternative is that Rousey is a superhuman freak, which is exactly how the UFC is trying to sell her.

I like watching local fights too but please dont call them mythical creatures.

So funny to watch the tears, as a woman and a sub 155'er are holding up the sport you love so much. That and Ronda is more famous then basically every pride legend. The numbers show that ppl want to watch Ronda fight, you're the oddity.

chick butthurt FTW

Pretty much this. Rousey is a pretty phenomenal fighter, AND her competition is poor. Why is that hard to grasp for some people. And I fully agree about the Tate thing.

Rousey will retire in under 3 years when she runs out of fights because the fans will eventually tire of her absolutely destroying opponents who have no place in there with her. It's hard to build hype for fights where they've already been decimated by her before.

I actually don't think people will ever get tired of watching Ronda. Even if her competition is no where near her level people will watch because she has a tyson-like aura. People watch her fights to see how fast she wins--not to see who will win.

I would equate it more to Pride without steroids or predetermined outcomes

I actually don't think people will ever get tired of watching Ronda. Even if her competition is no where near her level people will watch because she has a tyson-like aura. People watch her fights to see how fast she wins--not to see who will win.

Ha ha pretty soon her fights will be like watching Usain Bolt race. I get that. I just personally think that most "real" (whatever the fuck THAT means) fight fans will tire of her beating the same people over and over. It's one thing to hype a fight against an undefeated fighter and a "new" challenge, it's another thing entirely to hype a fight against someone who has already been finished in under a minute (or twice) over and over. Eventually people will see the truth of the situation. Or, hopefully, the division will catch up with her (not likely before she moves on).

Almot all of the amateur guys i've seen fight in the local/regional circuit, would murder any wmma fighter. Even if they werent allowed to strike. It wouldn't be a fair fight, regardless of size.

shut up Ronda is just on another level

She wasn't on another level at the sport she is actually better at. I.E: Judo: The sport she dedicated her whole life to.

Now she's on another level at a sport she isn't anywhere near as good at

She wasn't on another level at the sport she is actually better at. I.E: Judo: The sport she dedicated her whole life to.

Now she's on another level at a sport she isn't anywhere near as good at

Back