Lets be honest. WMMA's talent pool is like a local mma circuit.

Bearknuckle

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Lets just be honest with ourselves here. The amount of people doing wmma is so low that there is no possible way the talent is anywhere near the best for women.

Therr are tons of guys who run through the local circuit with 10-0 records. What wmma now is compared local kickboxing's talent pool. There are guys who can be 18-0 in kickboxing at that level and not actually be that good.

Theres always this talk about how mma has bad talent or athletes. But the womens is just terrible. Small pond.

It is worse.
At least the locals may have pounded each other behind their barns, and developed some punchers chance.

Atleast back in the days they didn't ask those women to shave their beards before fighting at the Freak Show...

I would say the braw in the crowd at a local mma circuit.

I agree. Bethe got a title shot for holding up 4 fingers . No wrestling experience , bjj blue belt. Striking not elite. Now a lot of men's amateur fighters might only have a bjj blue belt, but a lot did wrestling in high school and college. Also they aren't in the UFC, ranked and getting a title shot.

Yeah, it kind of is to be honest. Which is a shame because Rousey is such a stand out by any measure.

peter-griffen-keep-hatin-gif.gif

I'm in this camp also. There is such a small talent pool of capable female fighters that someone like Ronda who is a true talent can just walk through the *cough* competition.

shut up Ronda is just on another level

Brock was also an unstoppable viking on a horse swinging his sword lol.

Its crazy how even the hardcore fans who should know better are falling for the hype.

Think about it. Someone could be doing the same thing in another org and nobody would think she's the best.

Agree with OP.

Ronda is the only one who can grapple/punch at a decent level.

The rest of them 'hit like girls'.
And most of the grappling is just terrible.

And sorry, Cupcake has absolutely no chance.

I agree. Bethe got a title shot for holding up 4 fingers . No wrestling experience , bjj blue belt. Striking not elite. Now a lot of men's amateur fighters might only have a bjj blue belt, but a lot did wrestling in high school and college. Also they aren't in the UFC, ranked and getting a title shot.

Well said.

It is total crap competition.

There is no doubt Rhonda is a great fighter. But the fact that multiple consecutive opponents are getting stopped in under a minute shows there is no quality competition. If any of them had even a mildly reasonable game plan having watched RR's previous fights they would not be getting stopped so soon.

It's a pretty horrible division.

I've seen local.gym smokers with better talent. This is just awful. Time to fold up

That is an insult to the fighters working hard on the local circuit, that fight was a joke

Anyone who was sucker enough to pay for that card I do feel bad for you

Back