Let's be honest, the better fighter did not win.

i agree with your op, ts.

but do you really expect honesty around here? between the bisping fans and anderson/brazilian haters you wont come even close.
when did bisping get fans.....alot of fans don't like either one of them....their opinions are honest....you just disagree....

Silva lost the fight by not fighting....there was too much dancing, leaning and pattycake while he was getting hit....the judges couldn't have donated him the 1st, 2nd and 4th if they wanted to. There is nothing in the scoring criteria allowing points for leaning, dancing and making "wax off, wax on" motions with your arms while getting constantly punched in the face.....

Silva got dropped twice himself, and a LOT of the damage on Mike's face came from the flying knee.

I agree Silva is the better fighter but he gave that fight away, he has no one to blame but himself.

There should be no "out-pointing" on a fighter in this sport. Let's be real here, the UFC started out as sanctioned street fights practically. There should be rules, no doubt, but I'm with GSP in the idea that there should not be a time limit.

This isn't boxing and should not be scored like it is.
No time limits though would turn many fights into who has the best cardio. I really don't want to see guys too exhausted to defend themselves taking brain damage.

I get where you are coming from. You want a natural ending with a clear winner or loser. But skill would get largely thrown out the window. Guys would grind and stall if they figured to have the larger gas tank until their opponent finally was too tired.

It would make for bad fights and dangerous endings. 25 minutes is a sick amount of time to be fighting as it is. It's just one of those things where the losing fighter needs to be a bit more aggressive because there isn't a better format imo.

Let's be real here, Anderson Silva beat the FUCK out of Bisping and clowned him while doing so.

Why is Floyd allowed to go up against the ropes and block shots and win but Silva cant do it in the cage? Silva clowned him by doing so and points should be given to guys like Silva and McGregor who clown fighters and lets them get free shots. If i give you a free shot then unless you KO me then you should not be given points for it because it was me who gave it to you.

Anderson walked away looking like the winner and simply the better fighter in there. Bisping looks like he just got jumped by a gang of thugs.

Its time to start judging fights as a whole and not on rounds.

/rant.
Does it really matter that much? Anderson is coming 41. He should have retired after the second Chael fight when he was already declining. He has only gotten older and slower since. Bisping in his prime couldn't cut it in the pre 2010 MW division. He's now older, post eye surgery and he's doing better in the current division.

Age beats everyone as long as they stick around long enough.

No time limits though would turn many fights into who has the best cardio. I really don't want to see guys too exhausted to defend themselves taking brain damage.

I get where you are coming from. You want a natural ending with a clear winner or loser. But skill would get largely thrown out the window. Guys would grind and stall if they figured to have the larger gas tank until their opponent finally was too tired.

It would make for bad fights and dangerous endings. 25 minutes is a sick amount of time to be fighting as it is. It's just one of those things where the losing fighter needs to be a bit more aggressive because there isn't a better format imo.
Yeah you understand what I'm getting at. I just wish the scoring criteria were different because this system has failed time and time again.

The better fighter should have did more offense in each round rather than jazz hands.

ts, dont ever compare anderson to floyd...its fucking insulting to mayweathers skill level

Bisping probably has 2 google eyes now...

I think it's pretty clear who actually won.

Just a gift wrapped hometown decision. The worst robbery since Kampmann vs Sanchez its way worse actually

Anderson showed he is the better foghter but his style does not deserve to win rounds. In a fight to the death Silva wins easily but he is way too inactive to get enough rounds to win.

Let's be real here, Anderson Silva beat the FUCK out of Bisping and clowned him while doing so.

Why is Floyd allowed to go up against the ropes and block shots and win but Silva cant do it in the cage? Silva clowned him by doing so and points should be given to guys like Silva and McGregor who clown fighters and lets them get free shots. If i give you a free shot then unless you KO me then you should not be given points for it because it was me who gave it to you.

Anderson walked away looking like the winner and simply the better fighter in there. Bisping looks like he just got jumped by a gang of thugs.

/rant.

Anderson definitely did more damage, however watching the fight live, I had Bisping win 3 out of 5 rounds.

Michael was dominating the fight until Anderson hit him with that knee. And the knee didn't land because Anderson was the better fighter, it landed because Bisping was being an idiot.

Bisping won the following round probably concussed. Anderson should retire.

/rant.
The only person Anderson clowned was himself.

Did the better fighter win, no, they often don't, but the fighter who deserved to win did win.

I guess a KO in the 3rd just wasn't enough.
Tainted by Bisping's "timeout" mouthpiece controversy. Anderson should have finished him quick the start of the next round while Bisping was still dazed.

Silva was clearly trying to replicate his upwards elbow ko that he had in london. He kept throwing it over and over. Silva's standpoint during this fight reminded me of in cod when I play a game just trying to get crazy trickshots the entire match and usually lose even when playing with far inferior players.

Fuck that. I WANT TO SEE A REMATCH SO THE SPIDER CAN KO THIS GUY.

Everyone always says Silva was clowning or he would have won, maybe the guy is just a clown. Is it any wonder now why Weidman beat Silva?

Speaking of giving free shots, as mentioned in the OP, Silva does it and McGregor's done it. But, other than in the Rivera fight way back when Anderson had a collar tie I don't remember him giving free shots to any fighter with real power in their hands. Bisping has no real power, Bonnar has no real power etc. Conor was giving Chad "Mini Tyson" Mendes free shots and Chad has huge power in both hands, despite being much smaller than Conor, his power is no joke. During TUF Anderson let Bader hit him, who does have big power, but he was rolling with the shots, with most of them at least and Bader was still developing as a striker.

Anderson chooses to do this with fighters that don't pose a serious knockout threat with their hands. It really isn't all that impressive when you take this into account but it looks cool because he's putting on a show. He just needs to win the fight and put his opponents away, which in Bonnar's case he did.

Back