Let's be honest post USADA Jones have no chance against Patient Ngannou

Yeah cause Francis like the entire HW roster is natty in the USADA era-

francis_ngannou_ripped_ufc_249.0.jpg

Agreed and tbh anyone remotely confident of Jones winning is living in the past.

I even saw someone post a gif of Jones Vs Rampage as an example of how he'd fight Ngannou <Lmaoo>

He's literally not even close to that dynamic prime Jones, like nowhere near. He is a slow, plodding potshotter, with good IQ, toughness and savvy. That's it.

This version of Jones gets flattened to bolivian by Ngannou, who appears to be at his peak now.

I completely agree, and don't have a strong favorite in this fight. I think prime Jones had a chance against almost any HW, but current Jones is a point-fighter who forgot how to wrestle. I don't think it will end well for him against Ngannou...unless he can stick and move 5 rounds and somehow win a controversial decision.

Yeah cause Francis like the entire HW roster is natty in the USADA era-

francis_ngannou_ripped_ufc_249.0.jpg

I have my doubts about Ngannou, but if he takes PEDs he's figured out how to beat and cycle his way around the system...or his doctors/trainers have. Plus if he gets caught it will be his first offence. If Jones get caught again, it will probably be the end of his UFC career.

Francis is tailor maid for Jones.

Jon fights all his recent fights the same way, stay safe early and win the last 3 rounds after his opponent tires--which just happens to be the perfect strategy to beat Francis.

Compare that to francis strategy of landing that one big shot and knocking his opponent out... nobody has ever come close to doing that to jones, and it's not like he hasn't fought guys that could punch.

Post USADA Jones made sure Reyes and Santos never looked the same again... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
tenor.gif

Your right.

People now look at both as amazing fighters because of how close those fights were. In Santos case close fight after blowing his knee and winning a score card. In Reyes case, close fight...with many believing Reyes won.

So yea, they both didn’t look the same immediately after as they did before since both fighters had their stocks rise tremendously after thanks to “post usada” Jones.

You ve got to be seriously delusional if you really believe Jones will not make a clown of Ngannou.
Franky just has his windmill punches while Jones has the whole package.
Not even close
Size matters ( no pun intended)

Jones has always struggled against tall fighters. You now have a tall fighter with bombs in his hands

I dont understand the narrative about Jones wresling.
The only time he struggled was against Reyes, took him down twice but could not keep him there.
He chose not to engage the wrestling against Santos who was on one leg. Makes sense.
He had his way with Smith in wrestling.
He took Gus down and finished him.

So basically 1 fight against a guy with very good TDD and we acting like he has not outwrestled everybody for the past 10 years? <mma4>

I don't want to talk about post usada Jones yet.

I've personally think he's looked not the same since the osp fight (yes including the Gus and DC fights) he has not looked the same in my eyes but perhaps moving to he might revitalise him. So until then, I'll hold off.

You ve got to be seriously delusional if you really believe Jones will not make a clown of Ngannou.
Franky just has his windmill punches while Jones has the whole package.
Not even close
True but Francis is like a machine-gun and sooner or later he will hit u and will finish u!

I believe Jones, though he’s not as good as he was 10 years ago, has the experience and chin to endure 1 round of Ngannou’s explosive punches.

Jones can’t get complacent and make mistakes like he did against the last two guys he fought.

I have my doubts about Ngannou, but if he takes PEDs he's figured out how to beat and cycle his way around the system...or his doctors/trainers have. Plus if he gets caught it will be his first offence. If Jones get caught again, it will probably be the end of his UFC career.
This is true but also Jon is knocking on the door of retirement anyway. If by some miracle Jon beats Francis I don't see him sticking around long.

Nobody said that.

They help you immensely though.

Even clean Jones is still an extremely good fighter, but he's not the killer he is when he's on PEDs.

I dislike Jon with a passion. But in no way can I discredit his skill. I could go without the eye pokes. But his skill level is superior to Francis. But Jon has never been hit as hard as Francis can hit. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

I will wait to count Jones out, he's many things, but he's not stupid

He obviously know/guess about Ngannou power, strenght and weight, whatever plan he come with would surely be about try bring him elsewhere, probably will try make him gas out... because JJ best hope would be survive till last rounds and somehow finish a very gassed out Ngannou or to take 3-4-5 rounds on the score

That's a fight where i would not bet money

You don't need to take PEDs your entire career. All fighters who use steroids just do cycles and a PCT, they're not gonna stay on PEDs all year round. Do a few cycles before you hit the big leagues and a couple during your UFC career while using the 'wrong location to USADA' trick a few times. Steroids have permanent benefits for athletes. That's why cheaters should get a lifetime ban. A fighter who uses steroids once will never be a clean fighter.

All Francis has to do is train against eye pokes and kicks to the knee and he will be set. Heavyweight jones kicking your knee inward sounds painful
How is he going to improve the cardio?

Back