Let's be honest nobody want to see Jan vs Glover

Anybody that is a fan of the sport wants to see that fight. Not just a fan of the sport, but of sport. You know where the champ fights the number 1 contender because they both earned their spots. Not because of who is popular, or who will sell. Or who will hypothetically become a champ in the future.

Too many people these days just want to hand things to people that haven’t earned them. The Borz hype last summer was a perfect example of that. If Jiri wants to sit for a year that’s up to him. But, Glover already got leapfrogged by a guy that didn’t deserve to take his earned TS away from him. Thankfully both Jan, and the UFC are doing the right thing now. And it’s most likely Jan that deserves most of the credit for that.

I'm really happy that Glover is getting this opportunity. He's a true veteran. What's more he can really win this fight too, plus it strengthens Jan's legacy as champ if he wins. I'd say it's a very interesting matchup.

i don't need to explain why, grandpa title shot

Even more when this psycho is waiting to begin his era of murdering

A-follower-of-the-Bushido-code-Jiri-Denisa-Prochazka-explains.jpg

JIRI BLESS
Yes, you can explain. Enlighten us please

How is a champion with multiple defences still a hype train?
He might be referring to Izzy and his camp talking so much in the past about taking that LHW belt and even the HW one, lol.
And what exactly is there to market? He won a vacant belt in the worst division in the UFC atm. He’s currently 1-1 against ranked LHWs and 3/5 of his last wins were MWs. There’s only so many times you can show his rope and say Polish powa.
And what's there to market? As two smart users already pointed out:
Jon lost his belt to Reyes for all intents and purposes. Jan then took it from Reyes & defended vs Izzy.
Jan KTFO the guy who beat Jones and the undefeated “most sophisticated striker in MMA ever”
Also, it's not the worst division. It's very similar in top 15 power as HW, WW and FLW.
Blachowicz is on 5 fights winning streak and he won 9 of his last 10 fights after going back to his old gym.
During UFC Embeddeds he has shown a lot of personality and hopefully they will start promoting him more for now on. Stop hating.

I'd rather see Jan smash Jon tbh, but he ran away from the division so whatcha gonna do? This'll have to do

It's deserving vs excitement. Jiri's the most exciting guy in the div. Glover did enough to deserve another shot. And he's close to hanging 'em up. Won't be around long win or lose.

A bit of waiting. Jan probably beats Glover. Jiri vs Rakic should be the next title eliminator. And Rakic is a tough fight for Jiri or anyone in the div. While the way Jan's been performing he's not a pushover for these younger guys.

205 as a whole still isn't one of the good divs. It has good guys now, better than a few years ago, I'm looking at how far Ankalaev can go. But for title fights 205 is still not there.

I want to see Jan vs Glover.

A lot of people do. You being a Jiri fanboy has nothing to do with the rest of us.

I don’t really care about it to be honest.

Jon walked away from the division and ruined it.

And even when Jon was around the belt was a joke because he was always roiding and getting a pass.

jon jones has never taken a steroid!

Every viewer can decide for himself what he wants to pay for; we're not all drawn to the same fights. If this match isn't your cup of tea, fine. However, what does "ppv material" entail? I'm more amped for the bout under discussion than I was for Adesanya vs. Vettori, Figuereido vs. Perez or that Masvidal - Usman rematch, to give a few recent examples. I'll be surprised if it turns out to be duller than Blachowicz' last fight, which was also a PPV.
I also don’t think the fights you listed were ppv material. I also want to watch this fight but paying extra for fights should be big spectacles. We have to pay a subscription to watch fights anyway at this point. Which is fine. But if I have to pay extra and you’ve raised the prices and I still have to have a subscription they need to be spectacles. Having said that I hope Glover wins but it’s all tainted with JJ vacating.

I don't find this matchup interesting. I think Jan is likely to retire Glover.

JIRI BLESS
Speak for yourself.

And after Jiri's last fight anyone with a little bit of patience and KO is going to be a problem for him.

Glover becomes new champ.

Nah, I’m glad to see the UFC is working on some type of meritocracy versus just going forward with the hot match up, Glover has 100% earned this. Jiri is young and can wait his turn, Father time waits for no man...

Jiri and Jan can fight for the vacant title after Glover submits the Pole and has his riding into the sunset moment... War Old Man Texiera

That would be Glorious

JIRI BLESS

Jan vs Glover is a great fight....and has huge historical significance if Glover can get it done as hes from what many would call an older generation of MMA...Chuck Liddells era to be exact it would a big deal if Glover gets the strap at this point in time/career

Jiri will have his chance, i wouldn't rush him dude gets hit alot right now and Polish Power is no joke....

How is a champion with multiple defences still a hype train?

And what exactly is there to market? He won a vacant belt in the worst division in the UFC atm. He’s currently 1-1 against ranked LHWs and 3/5 of his last wins were MWs. There’s only so many times you can show his rope and say Polish powa.
Izzy was pretty much being promoted as two div champ before he actually won it. Zero respect for Jan.

Also, Jan should be a gateway into a new market for the UFC. There's opportunities in that the UFC are letting slip by. And he's a likeable fighter that has a perpetual underdog story.

If you don't like Jan that's cool, but it feels like the UFC is doing him quite a disservice, especially when he's riding a wave of exciting finishes to the LHW title and a win over one of the current high profile names in the sport.

<{hughesimpress}>

Last edited:
Glovers gonna box his bleeding head off !

WAR GLOVER !

Glovers gonna box his bleeding head off !

WAR GLOVER !
lmao no he won't. If it stays standing Glover is going to get knocked the fuck out, Jan's striking is way better than Glover's and Glover is chinny.

Back