Let's be honest here - the HW division sucks

cheezum

@purple
Reaction score
Full of out of shape, old journeymen who have a hard punch. And no I'm not just talking about hunto.

Top 5 at HW would run through every division in one night. There's a steep decline in skill after that though. But it's no worse than LHW.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that Conor would be top 10 in the hw division.

giphy.gif

Very little new blood ..dana need to stop being so fuxking stingy

We had no idea how spoiled we were in the Fedor-BigNog-CroCop era... now we know.

Noo no. It's the most "prestigious" cagefighting weight division

Are you surprised by this? Look at a fucking bell curve. Then factor in that giants with athletic ability are valued in sports that make decent money. Boom. There's your answer. Lots of normal sized, athletic people available. Hence, stacked divisions at LW and WW.

Hunt loses to guys that are champs or have been champs. Look at his record. Dude has only lost to guys that were about to become champs.

Jds in a classic all time great fight
Werdum in a fight where he was winning till he got blasted by a knee
Stipe- He got his fucking doors blown off but Stipe has been doing that to everyone
Brock- totally juiced up
Reem- idk I think Hunt was just totally outmatched in that one i don't think it was juice.

Its not like Hunt is losing to unranked guys or guys lower than #10. These are all champions or former champions or #1 contenders.

Hunt only fights the best guys. His record is not indicative of his career imo.

HW is just much different than the other divisions. At that size guys KO people when they connect.

The old guys dominate HW because the young HWs get KOed by one of them in their first few UFC fights.

I honestly think these heavyweights might be better athletes

I find watching guys trying to evade death everytime a punch is thrown highly entertaining.

Theres a reason goat jbj is hesitant to move up

To be honest, it's not even the worst division in the UFC. It has been much more entertaining than the flyweight division. Not only is there more competition for the champ, there are much higher chances of finishes and upsets. The heavyweight division has always been strong at the top but lacking in depth.

No money no interest.

The talent pools in every division would be deeper if the UFC didn't keep 99% of the money.

It really is a guilty pleasure watching the same old, slow and out of shape fighters stalking each other around Octagon. Knowing that the find will end as soon as one of them lands a good clean shot keeps you on the edge of your seat. The HW fight on the prelims of the Dallas PPV was low in quality but brilliant entertainment

hw has always been lagging in the ufc hopefully some new talents come through soon

Still big dudes but no more steroids. Of course the HW division declined.

I've always thought that they could filter out all of the sloppiness by reducing to weight limit to around 225-230lbs. There seems to be a natural cutoff point for athleticism there. It is the only division full of fighters with big fat stomachs.

Back