Lets be honest - Conor has poor defence

Conors best defence is his mouth. He cuts so much weight he is indistinguishable with a homeless man approaching fight camp. God bless the hype machine

If it's easy to hit you, logic follows that you will be getting hit often. Try again.

No you should read what people actually say, not what you imagine they say.

Either way, anyone with even a basic understand of striking should recognize Conor has poor defense.

No you should read what people actually say, not what you imagine they say.

Either way, anyone with even a basic understand of striking should recognize Conor has poor defense.

Lol. You clearly don't have a basic understanding of striking or how the English language works. You know how I know you idiots have no idea what you're talking about? It's because your evidence for your "Conor has poor defense" theory is that Conor gets hit. I'll let you figure out why that's reaching harder than Schaub trying to find his soul.

Conor has a granite chin, but really bad defense. Guy gets tagged by everyone, Mendes landed the majority he threw, Conor doesn't even flinch tho. He better improve it for LW because if not Pettis is gonna kick his head off.

He does get hit, but he can take a punch and his offense wins him fights.

Since "he gets hit" seems to be the only requirement to confirm that a fighter has bad defense, i'd like for the posters in this thread to submit a list of fighters that never get hit so we can see what good defense looks like. Thanks.

His defense is not that poor as his haters claim it to be, and its not that great as his fanboys try to make it.

Conor is doing everything right if his goal is to be rich and famous. His game has a few holes, but he is young and learning.

Regardless, he will leave this sport as a national hero sitting on a mountain of money as opposed to most fighters who end up teaching seminars for scraps.

Don't worry about poor Conor.

Maybe its too much time in the mirror. He gets leg kicked by tkd practitioners, punched alot by wrestlers, taken down at will. Submitted via a hidden past.

Can someone vouch for his boxing, leg kick, wrestling and submission defence?

Let's be honest, Aldo has even worse defense if you compare their fights against Mendes.

Lol. You clearly don't have a basic understanding of striking or how the English language works. You know how I know you idiots have no idea what you're talking about? It's because your evidence for your "Conor has poor defense" theory is that Conor gets hit. I'll let you figure out why that's reaching harder than Schaub trying to find his soul.

But hey, thanks for backing you uninformed opinion with facts. Oh wait...

His D isn't great, no. Very few mma fighters have good striking defense.

I completely agree with TS.. not even his diehard fans believe that he has good defence only the once in delusion..

McGregor is a pressure fighter who breaks down his opponents will by overwhelming them.. thats his A, B, C ,D and all of his game..

I just laugh at threads talking about Conor's technical brilliance or what not

Yeah Aldo is so good at countering I think Conor will get lit up

As a boxer, his defense is among the best in the sport. He just has that aggressive pressuring style now that opens him up to unnecessary shots. His kick defense is poor however. Someone with good kicks and the discipline to use them consistently will give him real problems.

As a boxer, his defense is among the best in the sport. He just has that aggressive pressuring style now that opens him up to unnecessary shots. His kick defense is poor however. Someone with good kicks and the discipline to use them consistently will give him real problems.

It bears mentioning that tight boxing defense is a good way to get taken down, so the grappling aspect opens Conor up to get hit more as well. Against non-takedown threats Conor's defense looks better than it did vs Chad.

I completely agree with TS.. not even his diehard fans believe that he has good defence only the once in delusion..

McGregor is a pressure fighter who breaks down his opponents will by overwhelming them.. thats his A, B, C ,D and all of his game..

I just laugh at threads talking about Conor's technical brilliance or what not

Do you laugh at Jack Slack aswell then?....Since he's probably the most knowledgeable journalist and fight analyst in terms of striking and seems to think Conor is technically brilliant.

It bears mentioning that tight boxing defense is a good way to get taken down, so the grappling aspect opens Conor up to get hit more as well. Against non-takedown threats Conor's defense looks better than it did vs Chad.

I don't know about that. Guys like Chad and Frankie are tricky with their mix of striking and TDs but I am quite certain that if McGregor fought them on the move and was a lot more conservative, his boxing defense would be excellent.

For some reason though, he insists on 100% forward pressure. Personally, I think that it's two things:

- he doesn't trust his cardio past rd3
- he has zero respect for his opponents' standup

Yeah. Mayweather would knock his head off in 10 seconds

Mayweather would get taken down in 3 seconds and cry.

It's really something that Conor with all those flaws has wiped out everyone so far and is a favourite to wipe out the most skilled fighter to ever fight in mma...

Conor's defence appears to be horrible but he's clearly keeping his hands down on purpose. It reminds me a bit of Iceman. Both challenge their opponent to a KO contest. I've become a Conor fan.

The way he throws his punch combinations is a ting of beauty.

Like somebody else said - Conor don't feel nuttin when dey punch em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back