Lets be honest - Conor has poor defence

He's 6-0 in the UFC with 5 finishes, his opponents include the #2/#3 in the world who is known for his great wrestling and power punches,a top 10 striker who is 10-3 in the UFC, a veteran with 19 UFC fights, a fighter who is 6-0 in the UFC since fighting him and a 1 minute knockout against a guy who was 3-0 in the UFC

Can anyone confirm this?

That has nothing to do with the thread topic. There may have been a veiny, brain looking obstruction hindering your vision. Try reading it once more.

He does, but his chin is RIDICULOUS. Full-camp Mendes doesn't hit harder than regular Mendes, punching power doesn't change, cardio - yes. Punching power, nope. Mendes cracked him something bad several times and he just waded through them. Eventually, that will get him KO'd but defence isn't even in the dude's head - he's all attack. Defence is an after-thought. And that is why any MMA fan should enjoy watching the guy fight - he never thinks defensively, he always goes for the throat and anything that happens to him is just background noise.

Similar to Anderson, he has a good chin on him.
Once it's not good anymore, he will be in trouble.

It's a bit sad that there are fighters that are great but have no chin and are talked about like they were some bum fighters whereas those that have little skill but great chin are talked about like they were amazing. Chin adds to the skill level unfortunately.

The more I see, I more I'm not entirely convinced anyone in the UFC is THAT good tbh

It will seem that way after spending any amount of time on Sherdog.

This is the place where fighters come to learn that they're a can if they lose, and if they win it's just because the other guy is even more of a can than they are.

Let's be honest, idiots on Sherdog really don't know fuck all about fighting.

tumblr_mzodrubto51ry1rm7o2_r1_400.gif

Sure, if you're the kinda guy that believes showing emotions is a sign of weakness.[/QUOTE
Dropping on two knees would be a beautiful moment. Except Conor disgraced martial arts honor and humbleness. Yes, he was humbled, but the ppl dont care

He does, but his chin is RIDICULOUS. Full-camp Mendes doesn't hit harder than regular Mendes, punching power doesn't change, cardio - yes. Punching power, nope. Mendes cracked him something bad several times and he just waded through them. Eventually, that will get him KO'd but defence isn't even in the dude's head - he's all attack. Defence is an after-thought. And that is why any MMA fan should enjoy watching the guy fight - he never thinks defensively, he always goes for the throat and anything that happens to him is just background noise.

Huge link between punching power and cardio

But Mendes did still land some nice shots and Conor took them without much problem.

Still, he was cut up on both sides and was taken down 4 times. Had Chad fought a little smarter and maybe didn't feel pressured by time knowing he was on a short tank that punching might have added up to some real damage. But I don't think anyone at 145 can one-punch KO Conor or even stagger him with a punch. And his fighting style is fun to watch. He gets after it and it forces some good action.

Similar to Anderson, he has a good chin on him.
Once it's not good anymore, he will be in trouble.

It's a bit sad that there are fighters that are great but have no chin and are talked about like they were some bum fighters whereas those that have little skill but great chin are talked about like they were amazing. Chin adds to the skill level unfortunately.

tumblr_m96ft1Hw2x1rbjr5ro1_400.jpg

When dey hit him.. he don't feel nothn

He scraped past a midget (his words) on 3 weeks notice. Taken down with no resistance. Showed resolve, heart. Mendes landed too much if I was a Conor fan

He did land, and it might get him caught in the future, but don't forget the 3 week notice was a 2 way street, he thought he was fighting a technical kickboxer and ended up fighting an amazing wrestler so getting taken down isn't a huge blow when he still got to his feet and finished the fight in the first 2 rounds

I'm hesitant to include this because I don't know if it's a rumor but its also been said that Connor was injured for the fight and not able to train wrestling much. so there is that too

Nick Diaz gets punched a lot, by guys like Paul Daily, BJ Penn, Carlos Condit and Gomi- and he hasn't been knocked out in years, so getting hit doesn't mean almost knocked out.

It will seem that way after spending any amount of time on Sherdog.

This is the place where fighters come to learn that they're a can if they lose, and if they win it's just because the other guy is even more of a can than they are.

Yeah, true.

Although I'm truly shocked by the amount of times I see a fighter gas in round 1. The ballooning up & down in weight doesnt do much for their cardio or punch resistance it seems. Full camp or not, Mendes is seen as one of the UFC's top athletes & he was blowing bubbles after 3minutes

Conor's defense is terrible. He gets hit easily, not just in exchanges but just standing there he gets hit clean. He gets hit and then reacts, lol.

Maybe its too much time in the mirror. He gets leg kicked by tkd practitioners, punched alot by wrestlers, taken down at will. Submitted via a hidden past.

Can someone vouch for his boxing, leg kick, wrestling and submission defence?

Lets be honest, you spelled defense wrong

Conor gives zero respect to all fw thats why he gets hit so easily, hes just trying to finish the fight.

We need an opponent of equal ability to see him using his whole skillset

Conor's defense is terrible. He gets hit easily, not just in exchanges but just standing there he gets hit clean. He gets hit and then reacts, lol.

No, he doesn't get hit clean often. Educate yourself on what you're watching before making such terrible, factually wrong posts. That goes for many people in this thread.

Especially takedown defense.

No, he doesn't get hit clean often. Educate yourself on what you're watching before making such terrible, factually wrong posts. That goes for many people in this thread.

I said easily not often, learn to read before you correct people.

Back