Let's be clear about DC's accomplishments in MMA

People are so salty about DC's eye pokes but what I want to know is why does nobody ever mention Gaethje's eye pokes/headbutts? Dude is an eye poking, head butting machine but everybody loves him and nobody mentions it. Does it every fight. Might seem random to mention Gaethje in a DC thread but I'm watching some of his old fights and damn, he's always been a dirty fighter.

Just watched his fight with Cobb, Mazagatti was the ref and Gaethje took full advantage lol. Constantly going for eye pokes, knee'd him after the bell, kicked him in the nuts then complained when the ref stopped it.

DC is a great champ and I love listening to him in any context. The only true blemish on his career was towelgate. tsk.. tsk..

I really like DC as a fighter. He's ballsy and exciting and it's always interesting to see how a man who looks like that can be such a great athlete.

Can't stand the guy outside of fighting though. Crying, that cake song, THUG ROSE THUG ROSE, etc. The guy's annoying as fuck.

Was never the real LHW champ. Cheated and eye poked his way to beat Stipe. Cheated/eye poked again in the rematch and still got stiffened by a near blind Stipe (who had to get eye surgery thanks to DC’s constant and blatant eye pokes).
View attachment 718985
View attachment 718983
You are talking about cheating while posting a picture of juiced Jones head kicking DC in a fight which got overturned.What an idiot.

I'm a big fan of DC.
The only real loss he has had was Stipe 2 because, you know... PED cheat.

Holding on to towel =/= Turnibol, Clomaphine and Letrozole

Seems to be en vogue these days to try and diminish what DC has done in MMA, so a little reminder for those of you drinking the koolaid:

DC , a tubby short bloated LHW, viciously KO'd Stipe ( a legitimate HW who could never cut to LHW) , while being undersized and approaching 40 yrs old.

In the 2nd fight, Cormier lost, because he suddenly decided that he was a lumpinee champ, instead of sticking to his bread and butter....wrestling. There's a reason why Stipe is ducking the trilogy so hard.

Cormier, just like Fedor before him, made a career out of smashing HWs who outweighed him and outsized him in almost every instance. he's lost to 1 man in his career before Stipe, which is more than can be said for your favorite fighter.

22 -2 record, more than half of them brutal finishes.

You can f*ck right off with your "he was never that good" narrative, because if a guy who went 22 -2 while being undersized and out aged was never that good, what does that make your favorite fighter?

DC, the short pudgy dude who KO'd all of your heroes, will always be one of the best to ever do it.
View attachment 718981
Cormier started late and as a green " cage fighter " took care of of some bigger upper tier heavies right off the bat ( including a juiced/trt saturated big foot).... speaks volumes where he was heading and one of the goats of our sport. I find it puzzling for people to even debate but ....that's me.

I’m personally not a fan of DC, but you hit the mark...

Saying otherwise and you out yourself as a blatantly emotional hater.
<DisgustingHHH>

Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix champion
UFC Light Heavyweight champion (but he was only 2nd best in the division, the best only while Jones rendered himself incapable of competing)
UFC Heavyweight champion
Absolutely demolished everyone except for the best of the best (Jones and Stiopic) and Gustafsson (who is just a terrible matchup for most wrestlers, especially short ones)
Only losses are to the best of the best (and is 1-1 with one of those guys)

His career is outstanding.

Never seen so many people in one place crying about an eye poke. He eye poked someone, he sucks!!!1 KILL HIM!! I love the little Sherdog movements, DC was the super nice former champion and now he's the biggest cheater of all time.

Seems to be en vogue these days to try and diminish what DC has done in MMA, so a little reminder for those of you drinking the koolaid:

DC , a tubby short bloated LHW, viciously KO'd Stipe ( a legitimate HW who could never cut to LHW) , while being undersized and approaching 40 yrs old.

In the 2nd fight, Cormier lost, because he suddenly decided that he was a lumpinee champ, instead of sticking to his bread and butter....wrestling. There's a reason why Stipe is ducking the trilogy so hard.

Cormier, just like Fedor before him, made a career out of smashing HWs who outweighed him and outsized him in almost every instance. he's lost to 1 man in his career before Stipe, which is more than can be said for your favorite fighter.

22 -2 record, more than half of them brutal finishes.

You can f*ck right off with your "he was never that good" narrative, because if a guy who went 22 -2 while being undersized and out aged was never that good, what does that make your favorite fighter?

DC, the short pudgy dude who KO'd all of your heroes, will always be one of the best to ever do it.
View attachment 718981

You seem to care way too much about how others feel about DC.
<DCrying>

iu

He’s one of the most talented fighters ever. Easily a top 5 goat in mma and probably THE combat athlete goat.

Successful world champ at two weight classes. Still one of the best in the world at 40 years old. His resume is incredibly impressive. 3 years into mma and he was destroying prime heavyweights like Bigfoot and Barnett. For comparison, prime Fedor at 33 was getting tossed around like a child against Bigfoot.

DC has been incredibly impressive no doubt. If he was around when Jon Jones wasn't he would be in the GOAT talks with GSP, Fedor, Silva

I can't believe all the hate for DC on this thread, dude is a nice guy with an amazing resume? Olympic medalist, SF Champ, won the Grand Prix, LHW champ, heavyweight champ! Did he lose to Jones, yes although we can debate if Jones was clean or not and yes Stipe got him last time but did he get dominated, no he got caught in the 4th round by one if not the top heavyweight to ever do it. Is he the GOAT, maybe not but he is definetly in the top 10 to ever do it??

Great fighter, but not the greatest of his own time at either LHW or HW. If DC's career started 10 years earlier he would probably be universally regarded as the GOAT as no one at that time in the UFC could have beat him.

But he wasnt, and Stipe and Jones do exist. So DC will forever be the guy with the word "almost" in front of the word GOAT

DC is a good fighter and nothing more.

Fought bums in HW, got lucky cheating against Stipe and the only good job he really did do was on LHW, fighting people 10 to 15 pounds over them - including Jones. But, as we all know, never beat Jones, the real LHW champ.

Got fucked in a real fight against Stipe on the second time, tried some eye surgeries but with no success - he only succeeded in almost retire Stipe with those.

Will be remembered only by:
- His criminal eye surgeries on Stipe, but ending like a sack of potatoes on the second fight;
- Crying in front of camera after Jon Jones 1 AND 2;
- His head being kicked by the GOAT Jones on their second fight.

I summarized everything.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
DC is one of the greats, but didn't do enough at either weight class. At LHW he will always be under Jones shadow. And at HW he's just another ex champion.

Sure. DC is a good fighter, but a bit overrated. He shouldn’t duck the other guys at HW. It makes him look pretty bad. Step up against Ngannou or Blaydes.

Back